fellow Yankees fans

Pete

We need pitching! We scored 8 runs and got killed again today. You dont even want to look at the pitching line- they all sucked tonight! I want an entire new staff next year. Well El Duque and Lieber can stay but the rest suck ass. Lets go shopping- who do you want?

2005 FA Pitchers:

RHSP:

Jimmy Haynes

Jose Mercedes

Garret Stephenson

Gene Stechshulte

Robert Person

Nelson Cruz

Jeff D'Amico

Joey Hamilton

Rick Helling(Retired)

Paul Abbott

Aaron Sele

Andy Ashby

Scott Elarton

Derek Lowe

Pedro Martinez

Esteban Loaiza

Kevin Appier

Brad Radke

Orlando Hernandez

Tanyon Sturtze

Jon Lieber (Team Option)

Kevin Jarvis

Paul Byrd

Pat Hengten(Retired)

Elmer Dessens(Team Option)

Shane Reynolds

Steve Sparks

Russ Ortiz

Matt Clement

Jimmy Haynes

Cory Lidle

Carl Pavano

Roger Clemens

Kevin Millwood

Kris Benson

Jaret Wright

Chris Carpenter

Jose Lima

Matt Morris

Woody Williams (Team Option)

Ismael Valdez

Dustin Hermanson

Paul Wilson

Brett Tomko (Team Option)

Pedro Astacio

LHSP:

Steve Avery

Nick Neugebauer

Randy Keisler

Omar Daal

Shawn Estes

Glendon Rusch

Ron Villone

John Halama

Darren Oliver

Wilson Alvarez

Dennys Reyes

Al Leiter (Mutual Option)

Eric Milton

Sterling Hitchcock(RETIRED)

David Wells

Odalis Perez

LHRP:

Grame Lloyd

Lance Painter

Mark Guthrie

Mike Crudale

Jesus Sanchez

Nick Bierbrodt

Buddy Groom

Alan Embree (Team Option)

Valerio de Los Santos

Al Levine

Chris Hammond (Team Option)

Trever Miller

Kent Mercker

John Franco

Rheal Cormier

Steve Kline

Jason Christiansen (Team Option)

Terry Muholland

Vic Darrensbourg

Joe Roa

Gabe White

Mike Myers

Mike Matthews

Jeff Fassero

Scott Schoenweis

RHRP:

Darren Holmes(Rehab)

Mark Wholers

Ariel Preito

Trey Hodges

Matt Bruback

Brandon Villafeurte

Turk Wendell

Willis Roberts

Mike Jackson

Ben Weber

Mike DeJean

Rick White

David Weathers

Ricky Bottalico

Rameiro Mendoza

Jamey Wright

Mike Timlin (Team Option)

Scott Williamson

Cliff Pollite(Team Option)

Bob Wickman

Matt Anderson (Team Option)

Danny Patterson

Esteban Yan

Curtis Leskanic (Team Option)

Jeff Nelson

Jay Powell

Terry Adams

Antonio Alfonseca

Steve Reed

Chad Bradford

Jim Mecir

Chad Fox

Dan Miceli

Paul Shuey

Roberto Hernandez

Brian Boehringer (Team Option)

Cal Eldred

Rod Beck (Team Option)

Antonio Osuna

Jay Witasick (Team Option)

Felix Rodriguez

Mike Fetters

Todd Jones

Todd Van Poppel

Dave Burba

Josias Manzanillo

John Wasdin

Rudy Seanez

Closer:

Mike Williams

Troy Percival

Billy Koch

Ugeuth Urbina(Team Option)

Eddie Gurdado (Mutual Option)

Jeff Zimmerman

John Smoltz (Team Option)

Armando Benitez

Billy Wagner (Team Option)

Trevor Hoffman (Team Option)

Matt Mantei

Robb Nen

Jose Mesa

:(  :(  :(

Awwww, poor yankee fans!  :(

;)  :lol:

I love this - Seeing the yankees tank the end of their season is the only joy this MEts fan has gotten out of baseball for a while!  :lol:

30390[/snapback]

And we Red Sox fans just are loving it too.... :(

Well it did not work with Randy Johnson, maybe teams are finally getting wise to the ways of the Evil Empire.

30407[/snapback]

It didnt work because the yankee farm syste is depleted, make no mi$take, if the Yankees had a blue chip prospect to give back to Arizona, I bet Randy would be a Yankee now, but Im glad it didnt happen.

Yankee pitching right now is a mess to say the least. The Yankees remind me now of the Ottawa Senators for you hockey fans out there, a team witha lot of flash, especially offensively, but Ottawa just dosent seem to have the goaltender to get over the hump, much like the Yankees do not have the pitching now to get over the hump as well.

Of the pitchers on that list, the yankees should throw the kitchen sink at Carl Pavano, he young and has great stuff.

Bottom line for 2004: As long as the Red Sox DONT win, I can live with whatever happens to the Yankees

It didnt work because the yankee farm syste is depleted, make no mi$take, if the Yankees had a blue chip prospect to give back to Arizona, I bet Randy would be a Yankee now, but Im glad it didnt happen.

Yankee pitching right now is a mess to say the least.  The Yankees remind me now of the Ottawa Senators for you hockey fans out there, a team witha  lot of flash, especially offensively, but Ottawa just dosent seem to have the goaltender to get over the hump, much like the Yankees do not have the pitching now to get over the hump as well.

Of the pitchers on that list, the yankees should throw the kitchen sink at Carl Pavano, he young and has great stuff. 

Bottom line for 2004:  As long as the Red Sox DONT win, I can live with whatever happens to the Yankees

30594[/snapback]

Five years ago Steinbrenner would have conned the Diamondbacks with what he has now in the farm system and gotten Johnson to the future dismay of the Diamondbacks. Not going to work any more.

Now as for the Red Sox, 3 game series with TB followed by a 3 game series with the Yankees...definitely gut check time for both teams. After Sunday, we should have a good idea about what is going to happen for the Red Sox.

Five years ago Steinbrenner would have conned the Diamondbacks with what he has now in the farm system and gotten Johnson to the future dismay of the Diamondbacks.  Not going to work any more.

Now as for the Red Sox, 3 game series with TB followed by a 3 game series with the Yankees...definitely gut check time for both teams.  After Sunday, we should have a good idea about what is going to happen for the Red Sox.

30604[/snapback]

Why is it "conning" if the Yankee$ do it but its "smart" if the Red $ox would do the same thing? Im lost...

Red Sox are gonna make the playoffs and thats the bottom line now, as long as they are in they can win it all, Im not sure if this weekends series means everything like some make it out to be.

Red Sox are gonna make the playoffs and thats the bottom line now, as long as they are in they can win it all, Im not sure if this weekends series means everything like some make it out to be.

---------------------

Who cares....Braves are gonna win it all anyways. :-)

Pete-

Say whatever you want about the poor pitching. The playoffs haven't started yet. If they lose in the playoffs, that's a different story. The Yankees have had a couple of blow-out loses this year but the playoffs are what counts.

yep, and we'll see the Yanks get smothered when it comes around. They just don't have the staff this year to get it done.

In the AL I'm taking the Twins. Underrated staff.

In the NL I'm taking (by a very slim margin) the Braves.

Twins v. Braves WS. Braves win in 7.

Unfortunately, the ratings will be crap b/c no one except fans of the Braves and Twins will watch.

Guest Steinbrenner
I thought baseball ended with opening kickoff?

my bad.

:I starred in Brokeback Mountain: baseball.

When the athletes have the time and ability stand around and actually chew tobacco at their leisure, I wouldnt consider that an exciting sport.

30704[/snapback]

I think my favorite thing about reading baseball posts on TSW is checking out the one or two posts thrown in there about how much baseball sucks, waaaaah...baseball sucks!!! These people are met with a stunning display of silence by the others and the post resumes minutes later, on-topic.

LONG LIVE BASEBALL.

yep, and we'll see the Yanks get smothered when it comes around. They just don't have the staff this year to get it done.

In the AL I'm taking the Twins. Underrated staff.

In the NL I'm taking (by a very slim margin) the Braves.

Twins v. Braves WS. Braves win in 7.

Unfortunately, the ratings will be crap b/c no one except fans of the Braves and Twins will watch.

30705[/snapback]

Last time I checked St. Louis won both series against you this year.........and is 10 games better then you in the standings. So why exactly do you think Atlanta has any chance of beating the Cardainsl??? I just have to know.

You don't stack up, simple as that.

Last time I checked St. Louis won both series against you this year.........and is 10 games better then you in the standings.  So why exactly do you think Atlanta has any chance of beating the Cardainsl???  I just have to know.

You don't stack up, simple as that.

31003[/snapback]

Because the regular season means nothing once the playoffs start. You ought to know that by now.