Houston Radio

PISSCHUNK

No argument from me. Like I mentioned above, I'm looking at the first four games...not the entire season. We need time to get our sea legs, so to speak, and until we do, we need to think in terms of simply moving the chains. The big plays will be there, but until we're good enough to pull them off, leave them to the guys who CAN pull them off: defense and special teams.

433394[/snapback]

I agree completely except that if there is potential for a big play, let the kid go for it. I don't think MM, TC or even SW will just methodically plod down the field. They seem to like to try to open it up every now and then to keep the other teams honest. Otherwise, I agree with the ball control aspect and keep the chains moving.

No argument from me. Like I mentioned above, I'm looking at the first four games...not the entire season. We need time to get our sea legs, so to speak, and until we do, we need to think in terms of simply moving the chains. The big plays will be there, but until we're good enough to pull them off, leave them to the guys who CAN pull them off: defense and special teams.

433394[/snapback]

Gotcha. Hopfully they can get their sea legs much faster than that, considering last season's start.

I actually feel like this whole game hinges on our defense's play. If they have just an ok game I think we lose. If they're in top form creating field position, turnovers and such then we'll win. They have to make life as easy as possible for our offense this Sunday. No excuses, this is the Texan's we're talking about, the Bills defense should get at least three sacks and two turnovers.

433394[/snapback]

IMO, if the bills start 2-2 or better in the first 4, they're making the playoffs.

IMO, if the bills start 2-2 or better in the first 4, they're making the playoffs.

433430[/snapback]

Agreed.

I actually feel like this whole game hinges on our defense's play. If they have just an ok game I think we lose.

No question. My biggest concern is our defense's initial overpursuit that is inherent to a home opener. You know this D is jacked up, and one bad overpursuit on the Texan's opening drive and you give up the big play. And unfortunately, with us having an untested and unproven offense, it will only take one big play to beat us on Sunday.

Don't overpursue. Don't get crazy. Just keep the ball in front of you.

Of course, I don't know schitt. It just sounds cool.

I agree completely except that if there is potential for a big play, let the kid go for it. I don't think MM, TC or even SW will just methodically plod down the field. They seem to like to try to open it up every now and then to keep the other teams honest. Otherwise, I agree with the ball control aspect and keep the chains moving.

433408[/snapback]

Agreed - nothing will give JP more confidence than a successful big play where he puts the ball squarely in the receivers hands.

For years I have prayed for more plays where our QB hits a receiver in stride for a game breaking play of 50 -60 yards ala Kelly to Reed...............GO BILLS !!

Personally, I think this game hinges on one thing: how our offensive line does against their front 7.

I hear a lot about how the Texans are going to stack 8 in the box to stop Willis and force JP to beat us. I'm not so sure. I think we might see them start out with just their front 7 to see how they fare against our shaky O-line. If their 7 match up well enough with our line and shut down Willis without too much trouble, we could be in for a long day. If, however, Willis moves the chains and they need to bring up their safety, then it should get interesting.

Then again, it would be interesting to see how Mularkey adjusts if their front 7 are strong enough to stop the running game. Perhaps going to a 4-receiver set? More throws to the back or TE? Should be an interesting game of chess.