Sack Leader Ritzmann

Astrobot

4 sacks

Yeah, he's not big enough, but he's a high-motor guy that takes the right angle. I watched a few preseason games again and noticed how Jerry Gray makes it happen. He puts their LT in the unenviable position of having to choose between a blitzing CB, FS, or LB going between the G and the T, or moving out to get Ritzmann. It was this way for 3 of the 4 sacks he had.

I was one of the guys who hoped we wouldn't take Dwight Freeney because he was too light. The defensive braintrust has already chosen between Gause (large DE) vs. Ritzmann. I'd like to see more of this Freeney wannabe.

4 sacks

Yeah, he's not big enough, but he's a high-motor guy that takes the right angle. I watched a few preseason games again and noticed how Jerry Gray makes it happen. He puts their LT in the unenviable position of having to choose between a blitzing CB, FS, or LB going between the G and the T, or moving out to get Ritzmann. It was this way for 3 of the 4 sacks he had.

I was one of the guys who hoped we wouldn't take Dwight Freeney because he was too light. The defensive braintrust has already chosen between Gause (large DE) vs.  Ritzmann. I'd like to see more of this Freeney wannabe.

431009[/snapback]

It's possible -- even probable -- that Ritzmann racked up sacks against inferior opponents. It's quite possible Ritz couldn't do anything (or enough) against our starters in practice.

Not many undrafted FA who were inactive/injured in 2004 make the squad the next year unless they more than distiguish themselves. I trust the Coaches evaluation enough not to get to worked up about a (very) poor man's Freeney.

It's possible -- even probable -- that Ritzmann racked up sacks against inferior opponents.  It's quite possible Ritz couldn't do anything (or enough) against our starters in practice.

Not many undrafted FA who were inactive/injured in 2004 make the squad the next year unless they more than distiguish themselves.  I trust the Coaches evaluation enough not to get to worked up about a (very) poor man's Freeney.

431024[/snapback]

It's also possible the guy can play.

Good Call. I'm wrong.

Ritzmann's first 2 sacks came vs. the 1st preseason game Colts in the 4th Quarter, sacking our good friend Travis Brown.

His 3rd came in the 2nd preseason game vs the Packers also in the 4th quarter.

However,

1. Gause and Ritzmann had similar exposure in the preseason, and the heavier George came up on the lighter side. Ritzmann had 4 sacks, Gause 0. That cooked Gause's goose.

2. Ritzmann doubled the efforts of all other DE's combined. Kelsay had one sack in the preseason, and Schobel one sack. The others (and there were many) were made by linebackers, safeties, and CB's.

4 sacks

I was one of the guys who hoped we wouldn't take Dwight Freeney because he was too light. The defensive braintrust has already chosen between Gause (large DE) vs.  Ritzmann. I'd like to see more of this Freeney wannabe.

431009[/snapback]

I'd like to see ritzman get some snaps as a situational pass rusher. I've been wanting this team to get a true pass rusher for awhile, as it seems without sending the house we can't create pressure. Yes I realize the schme of our defense is to creature pressure thru the blitz, but it would be great to have someone on our dline who can creat pressure through a simple 4 man rush. Maybe Ritzmann is that guy.

On another note didn't want Dwight freeney? <_< Dude was awesome in college, and virtually unblockable now in the nfl, best pure pass rusher in the game, and just for the record

Aaron schobel- Ht: 6'4" Wt: 262 NFL Exp: 4 College: TCU

Dwight Freeney Ht: 6'1" Wt: 268 NFL Exp: 3 College: Syracuse

It's also possible the guy can play.

431044[/snapback]

Other than your oft repeated knee-jerk "TD and Bills can do nothing right" Chant, what evidence do you have to say Ritzman "can play" in the NFL, let alone on a great defense like the Bills?

If you have anything, please pass it along to the Bills 'cause they didn't see enough to justify a roster spot.

Other than your oft repeated knee-jerk "TD and Bills can do nothing right" Chant, what evidence do you have to say Ritzman "can play" in the NFL, let alone on a great defense like the Bills?

If you have anything, please pass it along to the Bills 'cause they didn't see enough to justify a roster spot.

431054[/snapback]

What part of "possible" didn't you understand? Obviously all of it.

QUOTE(Astrobot @ Sep 6 2005, 03:31 PM)

4 sacks

Man, half of those were unabated runs at the QB--on two successive plays, no less--when the OT missed his assignment!

Look again. The OT had a choice that Jerry Gray forced. He sends the blitzer to the LT's right, and then the DE moves in. Most O-Line coaches would tell you to take the inside blitzer; the RB needs to pick up the outside (DE) rusher.

I missed the part where you demonstrated it was "possible."

It's much more probable he'll never play a down in the NFL.

431059[/snapback]

Howard Griffith was on the Bills PS for two years and ended up a two time Pro Bowl FB for the Broncos. Thats my possible. Most PS guys never see the field but it's "possible" that with proper coaching and recognition of the system its "possible" to polish him into a full time NFL DE.