Bypassing Abbott Road???

TheZone78

Hi all....I'm coming down for the home opener and have always wondered how you bypass Abbott Road from the 1-90 South.

What would happen if you drove up California road (I think that's the name?)

430899[/snapback]

Take Abbott Road. The traffic is minimal when we real Bills fans show up no later than 8 AM. <_<

Hi all....I'm coming down for the home opener and have always wondered how you bypass Abbott Road from the 1-90 South.

430899[/snapback]

I miss living a mile from that stadium. Got tickets? Walk!

IMO, the fastest way is to come up Clark Street in the Village of Hamburg and turn left on South Abbott and head north toward the stadium. You'll miss the bulk of the traffic that comes Lemming-like from North-to-South on Rt. 219. We used this "back door" when we had seasons tix and never had a problem with traffic.

http://mq-mapgend.websys.aol.com/?e=9&GetM...2a%3agz7n%26%40

Try this route - exit the thruway at the Bladell exit - do not take 219. Turn left onto Milestrip then right on Mckinley. Make a left onto Brompton Dr. just past the mall - then make a left onto Sheldon rd. That will take you to Abbott, just south of route 20. There is usually is no traffic on Brompton/Sheldon - however Milestrip to Mckinley gets backed up if you get there after 9:45.

Best way to the Stadium is get off at Transit Road (exit 49) of the thruway. Take Transit Road south for 7-8 miles. The road will bear to the right and become Southwestern Blvd. Follow it to the Stadium. There are several private lots along the way. This route has the fewest traffic problems IMHO.

PTR

430899[/snapback]

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

You can park your car, but you can never leave.

Try this route - exit the thruway at the Bladell exit - do not take 219. Turn left onto Milestrip then right on Mckinley. Make a left onto Brompton Dr. just past the mall - then make a left onto Sheldon rd. That will take you to Abbott, just south of route 20. There is usually is no traffic on Brompton/Sheldon - however Milestrip to Mckinley gets backed up if you get there after 9:45.

431031[/snapback]

This is my route, although there are some shortcuts through parking lots that I take. I go Brompton to the end at Southwestern and park in a private lot across from ECC. Very easy to get out of.

Google Map

Here's the route I recommend:

Get off the Thruway at the Camp Rd. (Route 75) exit.

Take that approximately 1 mile to Southwestern Blvd. (Route 20)

Take Southwestern Blvd. to the 7 corners intersection. There will be quite a bit of traffic here, (you'll probably have to wait at least 2 lights to get through the intersection) but it's the last real traffic you'll hit before getting right on top of the stadium. At this intersection you have a choice, depending on where you want to park. If you want to park in the Hammer's Lot, or in Lot 2, which is generally the last stadium lot to completely fill up, turn right on Big Tree Rd. and take that up to Abbott and turn left. Coming from this direction, once you get turned onto Abbott, there basically isn't any traffic at all. It's all coming from the other direction.

If you want to park on the other side of the stadium, from the 7 corners intersection, continue straight on Southwestern up toward the Abbott intersection.

Milestrip - California - Southwestern is the way I come in from Amherst, when I'm parking at Hammer's lot. If you're planning on parking on the south side, Big Tree is a better option.

Google Map

Here's the route I recommend:

Get off the Thruway at the Camp Rd. (Route 75) exit.

Take that approximately 1 mile to Southwestern Blvd. (Route 20)

Take Southwestern Blvd. to the 7 corners intersection.  There will be quite a bit of traffic here, (you'll probably have to wait at least 2 lights to get through the intersection) but it's the last real traffic you'll hit before getting right on top of the stadium.  At this intersection you have a choice, depending on where you want to park.  If you want to park in the Hammer's Lot, or in Lot 2, which is generally the last stadium lot to completely fill up, turn right on Big Tree Rd. and take that up to Abbott and turn left.  Coming from this direction, once you get turned onto Abbott, there basically isn't any traffic at all.  It's all coming from the other direction.

If you want to park on the other side of the stadium, from the 7 corners intersection, continue straight on Southwestern up toward the Abbott intersection.

431357[/snapback]

Don't do it!

Southwestern is under construction between Camp and South Park. I would avoid Southwestern (Rt 20) and South Park at all costs. The delays are bad even with regular traffic.

Take South Park (you can get there a million different ways) to 20 West and head left (Northeast) and come into the stadium from the Southwest.  Most people are coming from the North.

430973[/snapback]

The intersection of South Park and Rt 20 (Southwestern) is down to one lane in each direction due to construction. Avoid this intersection at all costs!

If you do take South Park, make a left on Big Tree and take it to Rt 20 or stay on it to Abbott.