ANyone ever eat an MRE?

taterhill

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Get it right..Meals Refusing to Exit. Eat them for a week or more and you'll know exactly what I'm talking about.

As far as the newest menu, I like the pork riblets...no too bad.

431126[/snapback]

then it must be the chili and half a watermelon I had yesterday

ive ate so many of those damn things they make me sick except for the chicken stew of course especially with the little bottle of tabasco and the pound cake mmmm..... my least fav is beef frankfurters with no buns,ketchup,mustard,relish or anything beside hot cocoa mix what bs. in the old dark brown packs the crackers were so gross they were really actually geen in color but i somehow always ate them with the peanut butter anyways

My battalion managed to acquire the oldest MREs in existence; the M&M packets featured promotional artwork from the 1988 Olympics and the chocolate in the M&Ms and Mars bars had degraded into cocoa powder by the time we got to them. We looked forward to training at Army installations because we knew we'd be getting more modern  i.e. better tasting MREs there.

If it's any consolation, they didn't taste any better when they were brand new. C-Rats were far better at the time. There was an awful lot of experimentation with the first MRE's. When they found they were bad enough that many were adding tabasco to them, they solved the problem by including tabasco. I'm pretty sure I'm still carrying around a package of those crackers in me somewhere.