7 WR's, 3 DE's and Jerman backs up MW?

What is MM up to?  Is Josh Reed going to rush the passer when Kelsay or Schobel go down?

428861[/snapback]

It's not MM, it's TD....

Donahoe rufuses to cut Josh Reed because it proves he wasted a second round pick on the useless piece of crap!!!

I didn't know I needed one.

428944[/snapback]

Well, i think we can all agree that TD has an ego, like all GMs do. I'll play the devils advocate though and claim that he's doing everything in his power to help the bills go 19-0 and become super bowl XL champs this year. With that being said, prove to me that he's sabatoging this team by keeping josh reed over drew haddad? If you can prove that, i'll prove that haddad makes the practice squad, and is elevated when parrish comes off of his injury simultaneous to josh reed being cut.

Moral of the story?? We both can't, unless we are indeed alter egos of tom donahoe and/or mike mularkey.

Moral of the story??  We both can't, unless we are indeed alter egos of tom donahoe and/or mike mularkey.

428951[/snapback]

I understand and agree with your point.

But it's not about Drew Haddad, it's Tom Donahoe's arrogance. He made a mistake with the 36th pick of the 2002 draft, cut ties and move on. It's not just Reed, look at Kelsay (2nd round 2003) and Denney (2nd round 2002). A 2nd round draft pick should be a decent player in the NFL. The Bills have second round draft picks splitting time at DE and together the make up an average NFL player.

It shouldn't be too much to ask for your second round draft choices to be better than average (marginal in Reed's case) NFL players.

And also, Donahoe rufuses (sic) to cut Drew Bledsoe because it proves he wasted a second round pick on the useless piece of crap!!!  That's why Drew's going to be back this season, even though he's clearly washed up and causing this team to lose!

Oh, wait.

428955[/snapback]

So in your opinion, Tom Donahoe is doing a spectacular job in building the new Buffalo Bills dynasty?

But it's not about Drew Haddad, it's Tom Donahoe's arrogance.  He made a mistake with the 36th pick of the 2002 draft, cut ties and move on.  It's not just Reed, look at Kelsay (2nd round 2003) and Denney (2nd round 2002).  A 2nd round draft pick should be a decent player in the NFL.  The Bills have second round draft picks splitting time at DE and together the make up an average NFL player.

It shouldn't be too much to ask for your second round draft choices to be better than average (marginal in Reed's case) NFL players.

428963[/snapback]

Actually Kelsay became full fledged starter last year, and typically D lineman do not play every down due to the fatigue factor. So saying that He is splitting time w/ denney is a relatively invalid statement

But it's not about Drew Haddad, it's Tom Donahoe's arrogance.  He made a mistake with the 36th pick of the 2002 draft, cut ties and move on.  It's not just Reed, look at Kelsay (2nd round 2003) and Denney (2nd round 2002).  A 2nd round draft pick should be a decent player in the NFL.  The Bills have second round draft picks splitting time at DE and together the make up an average NFL player.

428963[/snapback]

Ok, but i still don't think the story of the 2005 bills roster is complete... We have an injured, legitimate #2 WR right now in roscoe parrish. We have the practice squad to be made up, and we have reed, still holding onto a roster spot. Plus, if reed were as bad as we all think he is, he'd be long gone. I'm through giving josh reed the benefit of the doubt, but i'm not through with TD. He's been a fairly decent Prez/GM of the bills. By week eight, we'll see if Josh Reed is still a Buffalo Bill, or if he's playing madden with bobby shaw.

Actually Kelsay became full fledged starter last year, and typically D lineman do not play every down due to the fatigue factor. So saying that He is splitting time w/ denney is a relatively invalid statement

428972[/snapback]

Defensive tackles split time, I seem to remember Phil Hansen playing almost every down. Aaron Schobel seems to be on the field an awful lot.

Sape made the team over Gause and Ritzman - one of this camp's biggest surprises IMO.  Makes no sense.  You can never have too many passrushers.

428974[/snapback]

ath the same token, you can never have enough run stuffers. and our d is built aginast the run.

Ok, but i still don't think the story of the 2005 bills roster is complete...  We have an injured, legitimate #2 WR right now in roscoe parrish.  We have the practice squad to be made up, and we have reed, still holding onto a roster spot.  Plus, if reed were as bad as we all think he is, he'd be long gone.  I'm through giving josh reed the benefit of the doubt, but i'm not through with TD.  He's been a fairly decent Prez/GM of the bills.  By week eight, we'll see if Josh Reed is still a Buffalo Bill, or if he's playing madden with bobby shaw.

428976[/snapback]

Fair enough.

Defensive tackles split time, I seem to remember Phil Hansen playing almost every down.  Aaron Schobel seems to be on the field an awful lot.

428977[/snapback]

Defense is harder on the body to play, hence why D-ends and linebackers also get some rest off the field. And I quote Marv Levy, "you always want to have enough depth on the D-line, so you can rotate your guys out in waves."