Response to Hurricane Andrew

Peter

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't argue with Pete on the topic, though.  He knows far more than us; after all, he rides his bike 30+ miles a day.

427775[/snapback]

Ummm, actually, it's Peter being the arrogant ass in this case. Different ****.

:rolleyes:

Anybody here note the difference in geographical size of the devestation between the two hurricanes? A lot of focus is on New Orleans, but the total area declared as a National Disaster is on the order of 60,000 sq. miles. I would imagine that trying to pick your way through a damage zone the size of the UK (on top of the fact that some pictures I've seen showing rescue vehicles from Red Cross being pre-staged too close to the hurricane (ending up in several feet of water) might take more than a couple hours...

Ummm, actually, it's Peter being the arrogant ass in this case. Different ****.

:rolleyes:

Anybody here note the difference in geographical size of the devestation between the two hurricanes?  A lot of focus is on New Orleans, but the total area declared as a National Disaster is on the order of 60,000 sq. miles.  I would imagine that trying to pick your way through a damage zone the size of the UK (on top of the fact that some pictures I've seen showing rescue vehicles from Red Cross being pre-staged too close to the hurricane (ending up in several feet of water) might take more than a couple hours...

427832[/snapback]

Arrogant ass?!?

Very funny.

Even Fox is beginning to get the picture regarding the monumental incompetence. So is the Washington Times. You should have seen the McLaughlin Group. John McLaughlin and Pat Buchanan said pretty much the same things I have written. Even Tony Blankley could not defend the woefully incompetent response of the federal government.

By your way of thinking, you should also believe that Bush is an arrogant ass after he said that the response was "not acceptable."

To put it mildly, the response was "not acceptable." If that makes me an arrogant ass, so be it.

Go ahead Peter, say it. Tell us all whose fault it is. I need to hear it again for the 1,534th time.

426968[/snapback]

I'll be happy to say it Joe, Mr. Bush was on vacation again and was slow to respond!! He presided over an administration that cut funding to the Army Corp of engineers steadily to the point that they basically had no funding this past year for maintenance much less reinforcing the levies.

Where the hell is he tonight, that camp somebody named after David, or is he in Maine? Kennebunkport should be empty tonight since his Dad is out working on the relief effort with the other last real President. :)

Again, let's put on our critical thinking hats here. The Mississippi floods nearly every single year, causing BILLIONS in damage that costs the taxpayers each and every time.

I'd wager we've spent  FAR more over the past 100 years providing aid for "victims" of Floods than we've spent in Iraq....when the simple solution is to relocate them away from the river.

427173[/snapback]

They are starting to do that now... The 1993 UP MISS flood comes to mind.

Continue to live in the past.

I'll be happy to say it Joe, Mr. Bush was on vacation again and was slow to respond!! He presided over an administration that cut funding to the Army Corp of engineers steadily to the point that they basically had no funding this past year for maintenance much less reinforcing the levies.

Where the hell is he tonight, that camp somebody named after David, or is he in Maine? Kennebunkport should be empty tonight since his Dad is out working on the relief effort with the other last real President. :)

428560[/snapback]

Clap clap.

In their (the bohemians on this board that think it is all about themselves) Corps funding has been cut every year for some time.

Bush is the unlucky sole that finally made it up the mountain but, in doing so he threw his sleeping bag and tent (USACE) off the side of the mountain in order to lighten his load.

Wait George, it takes sometime to get down.

What is about this family and painting themselves into corners?

His old man might have said "read my lips."

This? Is a tad worse.