Bledsoe in Dallas

Fezmid

People seem to "give a chit" when he played bad his first preseason game...  They were all over him.

Right now, I still don't think it was the right move to cut him this year (next year, sure).  I hope JPL proves me wrong though.

CW

426613[/snapback]

Fez...

I actually dont think I said anything after his bad game (I dont remember) but come on man......

This is typical Drew Bledsoe....up a game....down a game. And the down game is there when he is needed the most.

Last year we dummied down the playbook.....hardly ever went deep....totally changed everything so that he was just a "facilitator"

And he was still average to below average......the Drew Bledsoe era in Buffalo is over......

Bledsoe is an INCONSISTENT quarterback, and NOT a bad quarterback.  I am a Bledsoe fan, probably always will be, but I was disappointed in his inconsistency.  When he is on... clicking... I still think he can put up GREAT numbers, but when he is cold... like when he played Pittsburgh and Baltimore... that's what disappoints me.

As for Bledsoe's good game... congrats!  Look for him to put up games of 300 yards and 3 touchdowns this year, but also games of 185 yards, 0 TD and 2 INT.

426580[/snapback]

Yeah, what he said.

There's no question that Bledsoe is going to have some good outings for Dallas. He had them here, too. But sooner or later the Burger King guy is going to take it to the house

Way to go Drew. I'm happy for him, he did look pretty darn good.

Of course, it helps when you are playing against scrubs, and your running back rips off 10 yard runs every other carry.

I hope Drew does well in Dallas, I couldn't stand him as our QB, but he's a great guy. In this world, it's hard not to root for the limited number of athletes who have class.

Funny how I saw everyone post about how terrible DB was in his first game with the Cowboys, but not a peep from yesterday's game... 0:)

(yes, I"m stirring things up, but at least it's football related :rolleyes: ).

CW

426576[/snapback]

Dude, watch out or the dawgs will come out and bite your butt. :P

Where I live, that's the only games we get here. :( I watch because that's all we have. He hasn't played that badly but then his receivers and running game is helping him out.

The day DB was cut, this team didn't become JP's team. It became Willis' team. He's going to take us there. The sad thing is this year and next, he's going to take a brutal pounding. But it's a good thing Lee Evans has exceeded expectations and will take the heat off the running game.

Bledsoe in Dallas, 7/8, 91yds, 1 TD

Funny how I saw everyone post about how terrible DB was in his first game with the Cowboys, but not a peep from yesterday's game... :P

(yes, I"m stirring things up, but at least it's football related :rolleyes: ).

CW

426576[/snapback]

Well, that's about half of what he managed... The Last Time Bloodsow Faced 2nd and 3rd Stringers.

Goats: Drew Bledsoe vs. Pussburg- Awful game. 16 of 30 for 189 yards was padded on the final series. He also threw a bad interception and fumbled the ball away that was returned for a score. He could have been picked off four times.

NFL.com wire reports

"The Cowboys (3-1) jumped ahead 10-0 with Drew Bledsoe, Jones and the rest of the first-string offense having their way with Jacksonville's second-team defense. The Jaguars (2-2) got a 14-yard touchdown pass from Byron Leftwich to Reggie Williams -- only the second TD in four preseason games by their starters -- then things got tight once the game became a battle of backups."

"Dallas opened the game by feeding the ball to Jones, and he responded with 75 yards on 11 carries. His early success helped Bledsoe hit his first seven passes, including a 40-yarder to Terry Glenn for a touchdown on the opening drive."

So, it's only 51 yds if you take away that 40 yd to the young speedster Glenn that pads his stats. 0:)

Now that we've got a young Quarterback at the helm, it's time to snap up the chin straps and enjoy the ride. It's what I'm focusing on.

I don't hate Bledsoe, but he's over. He's not here. "Love the one you're with," Fezmid. Love the one you're with.

Frankly I don't care that he craps the bed occasionally. There's far more upside to JP than there was to DB, IMHO.

Bledsoe looked good for a while. Great. I am happy for him. But Given the way he played in Buffalo, he would have followed that half up with a 3-11 31 yds and 2 picks.

C'mon, the guy hasnt thrown for 300 yds since week 2 vs Jax 2 YEARS AGO!

We all agree Bledsoe had a great arm, and threw a great deep ball. But he was mediocre at reading his progression and throwing the short ball. He COULD NOT throw the short ball with accuary or touch, and he STUNK at the Ball Control style game management that the Bills wanted. Too many sacks and mistakes.

I wish him well, but I am VERY glad he is gone.... Even if we back slide with JP this year, I will STILL be happy, because Bledsoe is not a winner...

I will take my chances on the Kid, thank you.

I don't hate Bledsoe, but he's over. He's not here. "Love the one you're with," Fezmid. Love the one you're with.

It seems that everyone is missing the point, so I'll say it again -- the same people who say, "We don't care about Bledsoe, he's not on the Bills anymore!" are the same ones jumping for joy when he has a bad play in Dallas or says something "controversial." I'll stop posting about him if others do the same.

CW