N.O support

What a great new way to hate the Gov.

What the news are not reporting....

3 Carriers, 5 Amphibs, and a butt ton of Destroyers, Gators, and OHP's on the way to the Gulf to support the water need down there. Carriers are going to run their Vamp plants 24/7 for water.

Wavy tv 10 showing these guys loading tons of water right now busting ass.

Lots of these ships JUST got back from a 6 month deployment. Just got done watching CNN and they are acting like nothing is going on. Well.... Its not going to happen overnight and ITS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN WITH 80% OF THE CITY FLOODED!!!!

Drama, Drama, Drama...... Feeding the American Drama Queen...

On a better note, are we as a board going to put a collection together for Red Cross or something? Im willing to start it out if the help is needed... Paypal is doing free fees in support for this. What do you say guys?

Man, I used to hate it when we'd be in after a month at sea and some damn hurricane would cruise in and we'd have to sortie. I was single but I always felt for the guys who had to leave thier families behind to weather it out while we did Mo Board and Fleet Tac drills to kill a week at sea steaming around the storm.

I haven't really checked but have you seen any reports on Ingalls in Pascagula?

Man, I used to hate it when we'd be in after a month at sea and some damn hurricane would cruise in and we'd have to sortie.  I was single but I always felt for the guys who had to leave thier families behind to weather it out while we did Mo Board and Fleet Tac drills to kill a week at sea steaming around the storm.

I haven't really checked but have you seen any reports on Ingalls in Pascagula?

424998[/snapback]

Nothing man, Im on shore duty now and they came around asking us if we wanted to help out. Im doing the red cross donation thing at work. They are saying they need all the Amphibs and amphib support in the water in the next 5 days. Norfolk is a Ghost town at the pier right now. I figure those guys will be there for about 2 months or longer. I feel for those people down there, the looters need to be shot and you can throw the news crews in there with them...

Country needs to pull together for this, like 9-11. Not piss and moan about it. This is not going to happen overnight. That area got caught pants down with this storm and that city is RUINED!!! N.O will never be the same and I figure it will take years to rebuild.

Nothing man,  Im on shore duty now and they came around asking us if we wanted to help out.  Im doing the red cross donation thing at work.  They are saying they need all the Amphibs and amphib support in the water in the next 5 days.  Norfolk is a Ghost town at the pier right now.  I figure those guys will be there for about 2 months or longer.  I feel for those people down there, the looters need to be shot and you can throw the news crews in there with them...

Country needs to pull together for this, like 9-11.  Not piss and moan about it.  This is not going to happen overnight.  That area got caught pants down with this storm and that city is RUINED!!!  N.O will never be the same and I figure it will take years to rebuild.

425012[/snapback]

You want to know what's even more jacked up? My service jacket is in N.O. All of my orders (I've got some due this week) get approved through N.O. and it seems like most anything to do with life after active duty Navy comes out of N.O.

I think I'm (along with a few others mind you) screwed man...

Haven't you listened to your local geico rep? JUST GET THE PEOPLE OUT OF THERE. DO IT NOW.

425002[/snapback]

don't remember saying that at all ass hole. Just said perhaps since we knew this hurricane was going to hit DAYS in advance, possilbly a plane or two with supplies could have been ready to help the people that are dehydrating to death. But crack jokes, and make yourself sound smarter. Glad none of your family or friends are down there...

don't remember saying that at all ass hole. Just said perhaps since we knew this hurricane was going to hit DAYS in advance, possilbly a plane or two with supplies could have been ready to help the people that are dehydrating to death.  But crack jokes, and make yourself sound smarter. Glad none of your family or friends are down there...

425041[/snapback]

Yep, a plane or two would have put a serious dent in the hunger and dehydration the good folks of N.O. are experiencing right now. Nothing like underestimating mother nature and the magnitude of the event we have just witnessed.

Yep, a plane or two would have put a serious dent in the hunger and dehydration the good folks of N.O. are experiencing right now.  Nothing like underestimating mother nature and the magnitude of the event we have just witnessed.

425047[/snapback]

boomerjamhead, i could say the sky is blue, and you would correct me. I come into a thread where i had no input, and find a joke shot at me from one of the board nerds... "oooh, i got a Geico joke in... i'm funny! snort!" ...

I understand the magnitude of it, It's just depressing and I had a knee jerk reaction, already explained in the other thread.

But keep on replying to all my threads... if that makes you sleep better..

For your info,  the choppers were checking people on the roofs or in attics. If there were no kids, old people or  medical problems, they left water and food if people needed it.

425063[/snapback]

Good to know. Those poor people.. I saw one guy who got saved (diabetic and needed heart medication) because he luckily had a can a spray paint and painted his roof with the message that he needed meds.

You want to know what's even more jacked up?  My service jacket is in N.O.  All of my orders (I've got some due this week) get approved through N.O. and it seems like most anything to do with life after active duty Navy comes out of N.O.

I think I'm (along with a few others mind you) screwed man...

425040[/snapback]

Trust me, they can recreate your jacket. 99.9999% of that stuff is put to computer and film within minutes of it happening. Been that way for years. Navy and Corps were way ahead of the curve and have been doing that since early 80's at least.

boomerjamhead, i could say the sky is blue, and you would correct me. I come into a thread where i had no input, and find a joke shot at me from one of the board nerds... "oooh, i got a Geico joke in... i'm funny! snort!" ...

I understand the magnitude of it, It's just depressing and I had a knee jerk reaction, already explained in the other thread.

But keep on replying to all my threads... if that makes you sleep better..

425051[/snapback]

Nah, I usually avoid your threads believe it or not. The one that just got whacked though I couldn't resist. Sorry that I carried that one over here, but come on man, we have the greatest military on the planet and at times it may seem that they can work miracles, but even we have or limitations.

You of all people should not have such thin skin. It comes with the territory Mr. 14K posts.