Parrish: Better or Worse?

I just watched the 8/31 practice video on bb.com and noticed something interesting.

All through training camp, Roscoe Parrish had his arm in a sling. But ont the video, there's no more sling. He seems to be moving his arm around fine. However, it seems he's wearing a thick cast that I hadn't noticed before.

So do you think it's good that it's no longer in a sling or bad that he's got a big cast?

I just watched the 8/31 practice video on bb.com and noticed something interesting.

All through training camp, Roscoe Parrish had his arm in a sling. But ont the video, there's no more sling. He seems to be moving his arm around fine. However, it seems he's wearing a thick cast that I hadn't noticed before.

So do you think it's good that it's no longer in a sling or bad that he's got a big cast?

424800[/snapback]

I saw him at the last SJF practice and he had his arm out of the sling and his wrist was in a "soft type " cast. It wasn't in plaster.

He ditched the sling back on 8/24, and there's no reason he needs to be wearing one since he didn't injure his shoulder or upper arm (at least that we know of). And as for the cast, what did you expect? Hopefully the cast allows him to move his fingers enough to catch a ball (in conjunction with his other hand, although a one-handed catch with a casted wrist would be REALLY impressive!).

Just to clarify, his wrist has been in a cast since he had surgery. It might have been plaster initially but reports are that it's a soft cast now. And he ditched the sling a week ago. All in all, he's moving in the right direction and there's a real possibility he could play in the opener. Might be some pain, but he could do it.

I want him to catch just one long one in s game even if it turns out to be just dumb luck cause if he presents a threat of making the catch the opposing DC will have to cover his wheels and if they assign their quickest DB to him then Evans gets a slower guy and Moulds get their third slowest guy.

Even if he is not back for a few weeks as long as the opponents have o gameplan based on the possibility he will play that's a great thing and that's my guess as to why April "dropped" the word he will play.

From today's D&C.

Finding the right combination of backup receivers behind Eric Moulds, Lee Evans and rookie Roscoe Parrish will be critical for the coaching staff. The Bills are expected to keep six receivers with Parrish out at least the first couple of games with a wrist injury.

From today's D&C.

426555[/snapback]

Today's Buff News said same thing- he'll be back between weeks 2-4. I say week 3 at home vs. ATL.

Was Roscoe the Miami receiver who got absolutely punished by a Florida State DB in that game they played in a downpour? I can't remember but I thought it was him. That was some hit.

Today's Buff News said same thing- he'll be back between weeks 2-4.

Was Roscoe the Miami receiver who got absolutely punished by a Florida State DB in that game they played in a downpour?  I can't remember but I thought it was him.  That was some hit.

426562[/snapback]

Yeah, it was him. The clip circulated around here once upon a time.

you guys are forgetting -- the bills have SAID NOTHING about roscoe's return. the articles in the D&C and buffalo snooze suggesting a 2-4 week hiatus are just speculation by reporters. for all we know, roscoe will be suiting up next week.

you guys are forgetting -- the bills have SAID NOTHING about roscoe's return.  the articles in the D&C and buffalo snooze suggesting a 2-4 week hiatus are just speculation by reporters.  for all we know, roscoe will be suiting up next week.

426582[/snapback]

Their speculation is more likely correct (especially when they are saying the same thing) than ours.

I too was at the last practice and wanted to answer the question of what type of cast it was on his arm. I threw an acorn at the cast and judging by the bounce of the acron off of it, I would say it was a soft cast. I have to run some more numbers and calculate wind speed and I'll get back to all of you. <_<

Their speculation is more likely correct (especially when they are saying the same thing) than ours.

426589[/snapback]

one thing i've learned over the years is that speculation by reporters is about as reliable as someone forecasting the weather...in three months.

one thing i've learned over the years is that speculation by reporters is about as reliable as someone forecasting the weather...in three months.

426610[/snapback]

i guess you learned your lesson after trusting reporters regarding peerless price's chances of being cut........

Was Roscoe the Miami receiver who got absolutely punished by a Florida State DB in that game they played in a downpour? I can't remember but I thought it was him. That was some hit.

Yeah, it was him.  The clip circulated around here once upon a time.

426564[/snapback]

Does anybody have a link to this video? I was telling my dad the other night about that hit when Roscoe went airborne and he says he was watching that UM-Fla St. game but he doesn't remember it.