$BILLIONS lost in the south

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK OK - don't piss me off here. Don't B word about Indonedia or anything else for that matter...

THOUSANDS died in Indonesia. They DESERVED AND NEEDED American aid.

When 9/11 happened the WORLD was horrified and offered it's support - the UK even went to WAR for the US over that stuff.

Your moaning makes you sound like spoiled babies. Your nation is a SUPERPOWER - the ONLY one in the world.

Ya made yer bed, now lie in it.

As a foreigner I thought I better weigh in:

I have recieved many kind words of support and condolence since the July terrorist attacks in London from Americans. Those words have been glady and gratefully recieved. So to the victims, family and friends of Katrina I offer my sincere condolences, prayers and hope for a swift return to normal.

In terms of Aid, both financial and humanitarian, large prosperous nations such as the US, UK, Germany, Australia, etc cannot realistically expect a large amount of aid from foreign countries. We are the ones with the money, so we have to make sure we look after ourselves properly.  I hope the UK is offering aid of some sort in this case, but chances are it will not be accepted or needed. The USA has remarkable resources at its fingertips that the rest of the world can only dream of - you'll use them to the best of your ability to fix up and move on.

Take our aid if you need it - take our condolences and prayers because we offer them.

Don't be isolationist - in times of crisis you need your friends, if only for a shoulder to cry on.

424064[/snapback]

Nick, you're a man with grace and sensibility. :P Thanks for being in this forum.

OK OK - don't piss me off here. Don't B word about Indonedia or anything else for that matter...

When 9/11 happened the WORLD was horrified and offered it's support - the UK even went to WAR for the US over that stuff.

Your moaning makes you sound like spoiled babies. Your nation is a SUPERPOWER - the ONLY one in the world.

424070[/snapback]

Excuse me, but I don't hear anyone bitching about the UK. We all love the UK here, and for good reason.

What some of us object to is giving aid to nations (aid that comes out of the taxpayers wallet) to nations that openly support anti-Americanism such as Indonesia. And this is the opportunity to point out the hypocrisy and greed of nations such as Indonesia.

What some of us object to is giving aid to nations (aid that comes out of the taxpayers wallet) to nations that openly support anti-Americanism such as Indonesia. And this is the opportunity to point out the hypocrisy and greed of nations such as Indonesia.

424081[/snapback]

Indeed - but when children and babies are swept away from their families, mothers and fathers, uncles and aunts are killed in their tens of thousands it doesn't matter to me what stance their government takes. We're all one species...

424081[/snapback]

I don't think there should be political tests for people dying. Life is sacred, so I believe. (or racial one's)

Excuse me, but I don't hear anyone bitching about the UK. We all love the UK here, and for good reason.

424081[/snapback]

Shouldn't we rise above that pettiness?

424070[/snapback]

How the F#@K did we make are own bed?

We were hit a by a hurricane.

A NATURAL DISASTER.

But when thousands of our people were killed on PURPOSE,

those hateful animals celebrated.

And we don't have the right to be concerned were our TAX money is going?

Heh. Well, I guess I'll just have to remember that when some Muslim extremist kills a few hundred more of my countrymen.

424097[/snapback]

Well I wouldn't want to take that argument right now. Both of our countries have killed several thousands of innocent civilians under the auspices of a war or terrorism. While I don't dispute that was the right thing to do - it makes no sense to demand everything we gave in good faith to countries like Indonesia because of the actions of a few.

Indeed - but when children and babies are swept away from their families, mothers and fathers, uncles and aunts are killed in their tens of thousands it doesn't matter to me what stance their government takes. We're all one species...

Thank you Nick - well said!

Even though I was part of the evacuation and felt the ugliness and feer of that - I got out and feel blessed that I did. If I hadn't have had a credit card on me with an open charge allowance of $1000, I would have been one of those sitting in the Superdome suffering along with the others.....

So many of you have commented on the "idiots" that didn't get out. Well, rest assured, for every idiot that didn't want to leave, there were at least five that wanted to and couldn't. There were at least 200 people behind me in the Avis rental car line at the airport that were from out of town. There were no flights, no cars. How did those "idiots" get out - they didn't.

Restoring basic human needs like water and shelter to thousands of people are what matters right now. So many have family and friends that they can't even contact down there and we're scared - politics be damned.

Well I wouldn't want to take that argument right now. Both of our countries have killed several thousands of innocent civilians under the auspices of a war or terrorism.  While I don't dispute that was the right thing to do - it makes no sense to demand everything we gave in good faith to countries like Indonesia because of the actions of a few.

424115[/snapback]

A few?

I saw thousands and thousands marching after 9-11 with their hatefull chants of "Death to American"

Please don't give me that "Handful of people " crap.

Why should he have to?

424015[/snapback]

Let's use an example of a neighborhood to explain this. There was a storm. A tree in Mr. Smith's yard fell down. Mr. Jones, his next door neighbor, has no damage to his yard. Now would it make sense for Mr. Smith to be pissed off that when he woke up and saw the fallen tree that Mr. Jones wasn't already out there chopping it up? No, if he wanted his help with taking care of it he'd give him a call and ask him nicely and offer him some beer when they're done. People don't always know what to do unless they're asked.