$BILLIONS lost in the south

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We do all that relief efforts around the world.

Let it be know if you hear of any nation helping out our homeless after this disaster.

423996[/snapback]

I mentioned that to a coworker this morning, and we both agreed we won't be hearing anything from anyone. :P

CW

why are we concerned about who will help us? why don't we worry about helping ourselves and continue to do the right thing and help others when we can. there is a reason others hate us, we are good people!

Let it be know if you hear of any nation helping out our homeless after this disaster.

423996[/snapback]

Usually the swiss offer dog teams to sniff out survivors in rubble.

I am sure there will be offers, but the problem is not resources the problem will be access. The US has millions of gallons of water, but when there is no highway in, that doesn't do you a hell of a lot of good. We don't need aid, we need a sensible plan for hundreds of thousands of homeless people.

Please take back Star Jones and Nancy Wilson.......please?

424024[/snapback]

If you're talking about Heart, Nancy's the cute blond one. Her sister Anne might be a little heavy, but she's not a cow.

I don't expect other nations to help our problems right now...but collegeguy's right, Canada is sending in some aid. I think that might be about it.

Remember, the United States is the only country on Earth that could be self-sufficient if it had to.

Mike

why are we concerned about who will help us?  why don't we worry about helping ourselves and continue to do the right thing and help others when we can.  there is a reason others hate us, we are good people!

424036[/snapback]

Maybe Spongebob can absorb all the water? Problem solved.

If you're talking about Heart, Nancy's the cute blond one.  Her sister Anne might be a little heavy, but she's not a cow.

I don't expect other nations to help our problems right now...but collegeguy's right, Canada is sending in some aid.  I think that might be about it.

Remember, the United States is the only country on Earth that could be self-sufficient if it had to.

Mike

424043[/snapback]

Then how about a few words of regret at our loss?

Is that too much to ask? Apparently so.

423996[/snapback]

Would like to see something from Indonesia.

That area got almost $400 million in aid from us,

not to mention the cost of sending a whole carrier group there to help.

At they still bitched it wasn't enough, and would tell our aid workers to keep a low profile,

so they wouldn't "offend" any one.

All this, when one week after 9-11, they had thousands marching in the streets chanting "Death to USA"

Doesn't matter that we are not a third world country. Unless everyone down there is taken care and safe, we could use any help we would get.

I know that $400 million spent over there would do a lot to help this people, who are Americans, and don't hate the US.

If you're talking about Heart, Nancy's the cute blond one.  Her sister Anne might be a little heavy, but she's not a cow.

I don't expect other nations to help our problems right now...but collegeguy's right, Canada is sending in some aid.  I think that might be about it.

Mike

424043[/snapback]

My bad BP my bad. How about Roseanne Barr....better?

I just do not think that we should ask for it but the world should offer support(if needed)

When watching the new and the thousands of people being plucked off roof tops because many had no car or could not afford to leave because they live pay check to pay check.

There had to be buses that could have picked up people and driven them to safety somewhere. These are Americans losing their lives in their own homes. I donated to the relief effort but just feel that there can be more we can do.

I dunno why you're all feeling so bitter about this. We weren't happy with the Indonesians "expecting" help from us, so it doesn't look good for us to be expecting help in return just because we helped someone else. Personally, I don't mind that no one else has offered help. If we come out on top (which we will), it just makes them look bad.

As a foreigner I thought I better weigh in:

I have recieved many kind words of support and condolence since the July terrorist attacks in London from Americans. Those words have been glady and gratefully recieved. So to the victims, family and friends of Katrina I offer my sincere condolences, prayers and hope for a swift return to normal.

In terms of Aid, both financial and humanitarian, large prosperous nations such as the US, UK, Germany, Australia, etc cannot realistically expect a large amount of aid from foreign countries. We are the ones with the money, so we have to make sure we look after ourselves properly. I hope the UK is offering aid of some sort in this case, but chances are it will not be accepted or needed. The USA has remarkable resources at its fingertips that the rest of the world can only dream of - you'll use them to the best of your ability to fix up and move on.

Take our aid if you need it - take our condolences and prayers because we offer them.

Don't be isolationist - in times of crisis you need your friends, if only for a shoulder to cry on.