Slot Receiver Available

marck

I am sure I am about to be flammed as a "someone with a name is available, why don't we sign him" kind of poster, but here me out on this one.

Troy Edwards was released by Jacksonville this weekend. This was due to the depth they have at WR. Edwards is a six year pro, was a 1st round choice of the Steelers and works very well from the slot. With Roscoe Parrish out for at least two to three weeks in the regular season, Edwards could be a really big help. Last year he caught 50 passes for over 530 yards, and has skills from the slot position.

I feel this signing could benefit the Bills for the short term and would made Josh Reed expendable and the Bills WR core should be as follows:

WR - Eric Moulds

WR - Lee Evans

WR - Troy Edwards

WR - Roscoe Parrish

WR - George Wilson

WR - Drew Haddad

Go ahead folks, fire away.

The point I am making is that Edwards is a good slot receiver with good hands and quickness. He is also elusive. These are three charactistics that Josh Reed does not have.

The question to ask is Troy Edwards better then Drew Haddad, when you answer that question then you have your justification to sign or the reson not to sign him.

In any case the Texans are looking at Edwards.

Parrish is the slot guy.  I don't understand signing a bust to stink up the field for those 2-3 weeks Roscoe's out.  Can't Josh Reed do that?

421860[/snapback]

I am sure I am about to be flammed as a "someone with a name is available, why don't we sign him" kind of poster, but here me out on this one.

Troy Edwards was released by Jacksonville this weekend.  This was due to the depth they have at WR.  Edwards is a six year pro, was a 1st round choice of the Steelers and works very well from the slot.  With Roscoe Parrish out for at least two to three weeks in the regular season, Edwards could be a really big help.  Last year he caught 50 passes for over 530 yards, and has skills from the slot position.

I feel this signing could benefit the Bills for the short term and would made Josh Reed expendable and the Bills WR core should be as follows:

WR - Eric Moulds

WR - Lee Evans

WR - Troy Edwards

WR - Roscoe Parrish

WR - George Wilson

WR - Drew Haddad

421563[/snapback]

Anything is better than Reed, at the mo.

The point I am making is that Edwards is a good slot receiver with good hands and quickness.  He is also elusive.  These are three charactistics that Josh Reed does not have.

The question to ask is Troy Edwards better then Drew Haddad, when you answer that question then you have your justification to sign or the reson not to sign him.

In any case the Texans are looking at Edwards.

421891[/snapback]

Have I heard of this guy????????

Troy Edwards was released by Jacksonville this weekend.  This was due to the depth they have at WR.  Edwards is a six year pro, was a 1st round choice of the Steelers and works very well from the slot.  With Roscoe Parrish out for at least two to three weeks in the regular season, Edwards could be a really big help.  Last year he caught 50 passes for over 530 yards, and has skills from the slot position.

WR - Eric Moulds

WR - Lee Evans

WR - Troy Edwards

WR - Roscoe Parrish

WR - George Wilson

WR - Drew Haddad

421563[/snapback]

WR - Eric Moulds

WR - Lee Evans

WR - Troy Edwards

WR - Roscoe Parrish

WR - George Wilson

WR - Drew Haddad

421563[/snapback]

WR - Eric Moulds

WR - Lee Evans

WR - Troy Edwards

WR - Roscoe Parrish

WR - George Wilson

WR - Drew Haddad

421563[/snapback]

I like the way you think,because i would cut aiken and reed too,and keep wilson and haddad.Troy edwards is an interesting idea,but maybe i would just keep jonathan smith instead because he runs good routes and can also return kicks.Maybe they will go with smith,moulds,parrish,evans,wilson,and haddad.

Other than on the OL I think this team should stick with the guys they have. Signing other FA like Edwards or  Simon can only lead to future cap hell problems.

422454[/snapback]

gonna repeat this post a few hundred more times in other threads?