Hospitality Question

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am originally from Buffalo, but am a big Jets fan (I also follow the Bills a lot, since I am from there)...

417331[/snapback]

I really cannot relate to you as a human being based on that statement alone. If you are from Buffalo and you have any soul you will be a Bills fan. If you say you are a Bills fan and a fan of another team, then in my opinion you are not a Bills fan and you probably are the type of person who is cruel to children and animals. Whenever I meet a new person from Buffalo the first thing I ask them is if they are a Bills fan. If they're not, well I honestly want nothing to do with them.

The answer to your question is that you should be fine with Jets stuff on as long as you don't act like an idiot and provoke any drunk Bills fans.

I really cannot relate to you as a human being based on that statement alone.  If you are from Buffalo and you have any soul you will be a Bills fan.  If you say you are a Bills fan and a fan of another team, then in my opinion you are not a Bills fan and you probably are the type of person who is cruel to children and animals.  Whenever I meet a new person from Buffalo the first thing I ask them is if they are a Bills fan.  If they're not, well I honestly want nothing to do with them.

The answer to your question is that you should be fine with Jets stuff on as long as you don't act like an idiot and provoke any drunk Bills fans.

417812[/snapback]

Nice mob mentality you have there. I've been a Bill's fan since 1960. I lived in Pittsburgh for 11 years, and in the last 15 years in Cincinnati.

According to your lights, I should have ignored watching NFL football but for the one to three Bill's games I've seen per year for the last 26 years. Not uttered a football comment, not listened to any word said about football by anyone in those 2 towns for the last 26 years.

Right. ;)

Nice mob mentality you have there. I've been a Bill's fan since 1960. I lived in Pittsburgh for 11 years, and in the last 15 years in Cincinnati.

According to your lights, I should have ignored watching NFL football but for the one to three Bill's games I've seen per year for the last 26 years. Not uttered a football comment, not listened to any word said about football by anyone in those 2 towns for the last 26 years.

Right. ;)

417827[/snapback]

#1 - Following another team is fine. Following the entire NFL is fine, but buying the merchandise of another team? Returning to Buffalo wearing said merchandise? I doubt even you would do that.

#2 - Could you not detect the sarcasm of my first post?

#3 - :P to counter your :lol:

#1 - Following another team is fine.  Following the entire NFL is fine, but buying the merchandise of another team?  Returning to Buffalo wearing said merchandise?  I doubt even you would do that.

#2 - Could you not detect the sarcasm of my first post?

#3 -  ;)  to counter your  :P

417861[/snapback]

#2 No. Sarcasm is a verbal art....Mobster... :lol:

Thanks again for the advice...Although, we just found out today that because of scheduling problems and things with her classes, we won't be able to get to the Jets game, however will have to go the week before and catch the Miami game.

Thanks a lot everyone!

Thanks again for the advice...Although, we just found out today that because of scheduling problems and things with her classes, we won't be able to get to the Jets game, however will have to go the week before and catch the Miami game.

Thanks a lot everyone!

418524[/snapback]

Because of a conflict with her CLASSES??!?!?!? You're in college man, you're supposed to just skip the class. You've got a lot to learn young man.

Thanks a lot everyone!

418524[/snapback]

Problem solved, then - we can all agree on hating Miami, right?

I've been to games against the Vikings (twice) and Packers (once). The first time against the Vikes, everything was cool (although we were in a big group of Bills fans...) The second time was good too, although there were a couple of Vikings fans trying to provoke our group by saying very inapprorpriate things (there were kids in our group). The guards went after teh Bills fans. :lol:

In Green Bay (the 10-0 game in '02), I had a great time (except for the ending). Happened to sit next to another Bills fan I didn't know. Second play of the game, we get an INT and both of us are whooping it up. A Packer fan behind us just looked and said, "Celebrate now, it's the last good play you'll have." Unfortunatley, he was right... :lol: The fans in GB were awesome though. :lol:

I'd say wear your Jets colors, don't be an idiot, and befriend people in your area. I'd recommend buying tickets in the lower bowl areas, as those are usually season tickets being sold and you're more likely to have a favorable experience I would think (can't guarantee that, but it's my general impression).

CW

I can't say there are no obnoxious Bills fans, but Buffalo is not NYC or Miami.

both of these places are pretty tame places to root for the opposing team. I'd wear my bills stuff in NY or Miami before I would in at at least 15 other cities...