Another Lawrence Phillips mishap

My strongest memory of LP is that in the Feista Bowl in 19?? vs the Gators, Nebraska head coach Tom (don't call me Ozzy) Osbourne, who had suspended LP the entire season (for punching a girl in the face - I think?) started him in the bowl game. They went on to crush the Gators via the running game. Very classless Tommy! :D

Jeff

My strongest memory of LP is that in the Feista Bowl in 19?? vs the Gators, Nebraska head coach Tom (don't call me Ozzy) Osbourne, who had suspended LP the entire season (for punching a girl in the face - I think?) started him in the bowl game. They went on to crush the Gators via the running game. Very classless Tommy!  :D

Jeff

414053[/snapback]

I believe the exact infraction was puching her in the face, grabbing her by the hair, dragging her down three flights of stairs and tearing off some of her clothing. I think ths all stemmed from an incident between her and one of his teammates.

I remember that game pretty well. LP and Tommy Frazier averaged about 40 yards a carry against the Gators. :P

I believe the exact infraction was puching her in the face, grabbing her by the hair, dragging her down three flights of stairs and tearing off some of her clothing.  I think ths all stemmed from an incident between her and one of his teammates. 

I remember that game pretty well.  LP and Tommy Frazier averaged about 40 yards a carry against the Gators.  :D

414055[/snapback]

Sir, you have a better momery that I. What a couple of scumbag! How can a coach do that, his good rep - in my book - with one move is all garbage.

Jeff

Sir, you have a better momery that I. What a couple of scumbag! How can a coach do that, his good rep - in my book - with one move is all garbage.

Jeff

414059[/snapback]

One of his DWI collars involved being stoned out at a topless bar. When asked by a reporter if he had learned his lesson, he stated that yes, the next time he goes to a topless bar, he will take a limo.

Jim Brown took a personal interest in this kid and even he gave up.

Years ago, there were heated debates on TSW about bringing Phillips to the Bills. As I recall, Lori and I were two of the posters who didn't want him no matter how good he was.

I hope that he is put away before he kills somebody.

Jeff

414059[/snapback]

And of course the good people of Nebraska rewarded Osborne by electing him to Congress. :D

Would you put him in the same class as Hillary and the good people of New York? :P

414404[/snapback]

I dunno, did Hillary ever turn a bunch of thugs loose on a college campus to beat the hell out of the coeds? :D

One of his DWI collars involved being stoned out at a topless bar. When asked by a reporter if he had learned his lesson, he stated that yes, the next time he goes to a topless bar, he will take a limo.

Jim Brown took a personal interest in this kid and even he gave up.

Years ago, there were heated debates on TSW about bringing Phillips to the Bills. As I recall, Lori and I were two of the posters who didn't want him no matter how good he was.

I hope that he is put away before he kills somebody.

414060[/snapback]

Your recollection is perfect, Bill. No way, nohow did I want that scum anywhere near "our" Bills.

My strongest memory of LP is that in the Feista Bowl in 19?? vs the Gators, Nebraska head coach Tom (don't call me Ozzy) Osbourne, who had suspended LP the entire season (for punching a girl in the face - I think?) started him in the bowl game. They went on to crush the Gators via the running game. Very classless Tommy!  :rolleyes:

Jeff

414053[/snapback]

yah but it was against the Gators...NOBODY wants to see them win...even dib will agree with me on this 0:)