Eli Manning...elbow injury

LabattBlue

Giant fans better sleep with their fingers crossed tonight for good luck...

Manning to have further tests on injured elbow; Giants look at Couch

By DAVID PORTER, Associated Press Writer

August 21, 2005

EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. (AP) -- New York Giants quarterback Eli Manning will have further tests on the right elbow he injured Saturday night in a 27-21 victory over Carolina.

Manning woke up Sunday with soreness in the elbow. The second-year quarterback had an MRI and is scheduled to be examined by team orthopedist Dr. Russell Warren on Monday.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-g...ov=ap&type=lgns

I'm sure daddy and big brother will kiss it and make it feel better...

414107[/snapback]

Is Eli the youngest Manning? I was on a business trip and a co-worker (who seems like a bit of a stooge) was telling me there's a younger one who is still in high school or about to start college. I told him I hadn't heard that and I think he's wrong, but he said he was positive. I said he was full of BS, as I feel like the bj-artists at ESPN would already be slobbering over the kid. Can anyone confirm or deny that Aging Archie has another young buck coming up?

Also, while I hope his elbow is okay, I am of the opinion that Eli would have been a second round pick if his name was Eli Jones.

Is Eli the youngest Manning?  I was on a business trip and a co-worker (who seems like a bit of a stooge) was telling me there's a younger one who is still in high school or about to start college.  I told him I hadn't heard that and I think he's wrong, but he said he was positive.  I said he was full of BS, as I feel like the bj-artists at ESPN would already be slobbering over the kid.  Can anyone confirm or deny that Aging Archie has another young buck coming up?

Also, while I hope his elbow is okay, I am of the opinion that Eli would have been a second round pick if his name was Eli Jones.

414188[/snapback]

I believe there is a third Manning son and if memory serves from something I read, he's supposed to have more potential than Peyton and Eli combined.

I believe there is a third Manning son and if memory serves from something I read, he's supposed to have more potential than Peyton and Eli combined.

At what? I seem to remember a brother who didn't play football......

At what?  I seem to remember a brother who didn't play football......

414200[/snapback]

Cooper Manning....had great potential. He was injured in hs/college and was never able to play again. Peyton wears 18 because it was Coopers and he wanted to honor his brother.

Cooper Manning....had great potential. He was injured in hs/college and was never able to play again. Peyton wears 18 because it was Coopers and he wanted to honor his brother.

414202[/snapback]

Yeah, I knew about him, but I thought he was older. Is there a younger one than Eli coming up who's still playing?

Yeah, I knew about him, but I thought he was older.  Is there a younger one than Eli coming up who's still playing?

414203[/snapback]

No more Manning offspring...

In April of 1971 Manning was drafted by the New Orleans Saints as the second pick in the draft (Manning 3). He played with the Saints for eleven years. He endured many coaching and personnel changes during his long stay in New Orleans (Manning 1). In 1974, Archie and Olivia had their first son Cooper Manning. Then came Peyton Manning (1976) and last came Eli Manning (1981). In 1978 Manning was named NFL Most Valuable Player and he was a pro bowler for two seasons. After being traded to the Houston Oilers and playing there for one year and finishing his career with the Minnesota Vikings after Manning--first Saints Hall of Famerbeing forced to retire, because of a thyroid disease in 1985 (Manning 4).

Yeah, I knew about him, but I thought he was older.  Is there a younger one than Eli coming up who's still playing?

414203[/snapback]

He is older ....I don't believe they have a younger one than Eli....but I could be mistaken.

No more Manning offspring...

In April of 1971 Manning was drafted by the New Orleans Saints as the second pick in the draft (Manning 3). He played with the Saints for eleven years.  He endured many coaching and personnel changes during his long stay in New Orleans (Manning 1).  In 1974, Archie and Olivia had their first son Cooper Manning.  Then came Peyton Manning (1976) and last came Eli Manning (1981).  In 1978 Manning was named NFL Most Valuable Player and he was a pro bowler for two seasons.  After being traded to the Houston Oilers and playing there for one year and finishing his career with the Minnesota Vikings after Manning--first Saints Hall of Famerbeing forced to retire, because of a thyroid disease in 1985 (Manning 4).

414206[/snapback]

Thanks LB. I knew the guy who told me that was a stooge. And he was persistent about it and said he was positive. :D

I work in NJ with a bunch of Giants fans. I sent them an email titled Mannings MRI Results with this link: MRI Results.

Needless to say, I got emails back with a link to articles about Mould's Injury. Oh well, I think I have sent that pic about 5 times and posted it here when I introduced myself. It really doesn't get old.

I work in NJ with a bunch of Giants fans.  I sent them an email titled Mannings MRI Results with this link: MRI Results.

Needless to say, I got emails back with a link to articles about Mould's Injury.  Oh well, I think I have sent that pic about 5 times and posted it here when I introduced myself.  It really doesn't get old.

414230[/snapback]

Not to go off on a different subject, but these really are the best looking Uniforms in the league.

boltfan8057xn9if4on.gif

Thanks LB.  I knew the guy who told me that was a stooge.  And he was persistent about it and said he was positive. :D

414220[/snapback]

Maybe he's thinking of the lacrosse-playing Powell brothers. After Casey, Ryan and Michael, there IS a fourth son -- Mason -- coming up through the ranks right now. I think he's only about 12 right now but I could be wrong.