JP so far - at the half.

bobblehead

I didn't see all that many mistakes. He was not "shaky" at all. JP ran when he had to run and got rid of the ball when necessary. He didn't do anything stupid which is most important. Bills scored 17 points on three drives and were 6 of 9 on third downs when JP was in there. Better he runs or throws it away than stand there, hold on to the ball too long and get clobbered and fumble. What do you people want? 30-30 for 500 yards and 9 TD's in one half of a preseason game? JP is a huge upgrade over Bledsoe. He is flat out exciting to watch and will just get better each game.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn't see all that many mistakes. He was not "shaky" at all. JP ran when he had to run and got rid of the ball when necessary. He didn't do anything stupid which is most important. Bills scored 17 points on three drives and were 6 of 9 on third downs when JP was in there. Better he runs or throws it away than stand there, hold on to the ball too long and get clobbered and fumble. What do you people want? 30-30 for 500 yards and 9 TD's in one half of a preseason game? JP is a huge upgrade over Bledsoe. He is flat out  exciting to watch and will just get better each game.

413498[/snapback]

A-friggin-men.

I don't understand some of the negativity here. Oh JP had happy feet. JP made rookie mistakes. JP didn't throw long. JP didn't throw for 600 yards. JP didn't blah blah blah.

Good christ people have you watched what we've had at quarterback for the last eight years? Not just the Bledsoe years but the Collins-AVP and Flutie-RJ years. Anyone who can't see that this is a HUGE upgrade with all kinds of upside, well, they're just never going to be happy no matter what. These are probably the same people who wanted Reich to start over Kelly. :angry:

This kid is well-coached, accurate, strong-armed, knows how to throw balls that won't be picked if they're not caught by our guys, and can make things happen with his arm AND his feet. Plus he's got a great drive to improve and he doesn't act like he has all the answers. I think we are in for a lot of fun these next few years, folks...

A-friggin-men.

I don't understand some of the negativity here.  Oh JP had happy feet.  JP made rookie mistakes.  JP didn't throw long.  JP didn't throw for 600 yards.  JP didn't blah blah blah.

Good christ people have you watched what we've had at quarterback for the last eight years? Not just the Bledsoe years but the Collins-AVP and Flutie-RJ years.  Anyone who can't see that this is a HUGE upgrade with all kinds of upside, well, they're just never going to be happy no matter what.  These are probably the same people who wanted Reich to start over Kelly. :angry:

This kid is well-coached, accurate, strong-armed, knows how to throw balls that won't be picked if they're not caught by our guys, and can make things happen with his arm AND his feet. Plus he's got a great drive to improve and he doesn't act like he has all the answers. I think we are in for a lot of fun these next few years, folks...

413573[/snapback]

I was all in favor of the switch from DB to JP. I don't know if you are referring to any part of my post earlier in this thread, but I was just trying to give a fair critique of JP's play for those who didn't get to see the game. I don't see anything wrong with saying "this is what he did good and this is what he needs to work on". My post from earlier...

JP's rushing TD was GREAT! His scrambling ability in the pocket is going to drastically reduce the number of sacks. On the other hand, he looked brutal on the safety that was negated by a penalty and except for the attempted flea flicker to Reed, did not attempt a pass of more than 10-15 yards or so. Also in the first half he took a helmet to helmet hit on one of his scrambles as he was near the sideline.

This is going to be an exciting season and I look forward to steady improvement throughout the season for JP!

413573[/snapback]

Well said. That boy has a cannon arm....with the accuracy to thread the needle. I was sitting there saying "WOW!".