Batten Down the Hatches Buffalo

Test

...ALLEGANY-CATTARAUGUS-CHAUTAUQUA-GENESEE-JEFFERSON-LEWIS-LIVINGSTON- MONROE-NIAGARA-NORTHERN CAYUGA-NORTHERN ERIE-ONTARIO-ORLEANS-OSWEGO- SOUTHERN ERIE-WAYNE-WYOMING- 958 AM EDT FRI AUG 19 2005

...SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT...

A VERY MOIST AND UNSTABLE AIR MASS ACROSS THE OHIO VALLEY IS EXPECTED TO SURGE NORTHEASTWARD THIS AFTERNOON AHEAD OF AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE TRACKING THROUGH THE GREAT LAKES REGION. THE COMBINATION OF STRONG INSTABILITY AND MODEST MID AND UPPER LEVEL WINDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DISTURBANCE WILL BE FAVORABLE FOR ORGANIZED SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT.

THE PRIMARY AREA FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF SEVERE WEATHER WILL BE WEST OF THE FINGER LAKES...INCLUDING THE BUFFALO AND ROCHESTER AREAS. THE BEST TIME FOR DEVELOPMENT WILL BE FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 8 PM THIS EVENING.

THE MAIN SEVERE WEATHER THREAT IS EXPECTED TO BE LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS. HOWEVER...ISOLATED TORNADOES ARE ALSO POSSIBLE....

The sky is falling!

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/14222...&from=whatwhere

DOOMED!!!!!

412421[/snapback]

quandry.....

I need to replace my roof (rather expensive), I have very good homeowners insurance.

If a tornado rips my roof off, does my insurance pay for a new roof???

If so, do I do ritual dances on my front lawn hoping for a spinning act of god to eat my roof??? :)

quandry.....

I need to replace my roof (rather expensive), I have very good homeowners insurance.

If so, do I do ritual dances on my front lawn hoping for a spinning act of god to eat my roof???  :)

412424[/snapback]

it would probably be better if you danced on your roof.

Aren't all tornados isolated? I mean there are some storms that generate multiples, but that is extremely rare.

Gotta love the old multiple vortices complex.

I think what they are saying is that chances of tornadoes are slim and if there are any it's only likely to be one or maybe two. Big cells can indeed drop multiple twisters at the same time, but they can also drop them at different times as well. I wouldn't call it common but if you've got the right condidtions (ala today) I wouldn't call it all that rare either.

All I know is I've already got my camcorder, a full tank of gas, a handheld scanner, a cooler of beverages and a detailed Western Pennsyltucky gazeteer sitting on the kitchen table ready to go chasin'. :)

Cya

quandry.....

If so, do I do ritual dances on my front lawn hoping for a spinning act of god to eat my roof???  :blink:

412424[/snapback]

Just be sure to say "go away now" once it's done with the roof. :)

Gotta love the old multiple vortices complex.

I think what they are saying is that chances of tornadoes are slim and if there are any it's only likely to be one or maybe two. Big cells can indeed drop multiple twisters at the same time, but they can also drop them at different times as well. I wouldn't call it common but if you've got the right condidtions (ala today) I wouldn't call it all that rare either.

All I know is I've already got my camcorder, a full tank of gas, a handheld scanner, a cooler of beverages and a detailed Western Pennsyltucky gazeteer sitting on the kitchen table ready to go chasin'.  :)

Cya

412436[/snapback]

Whats in the cooler???????

Just be sure to say "go away now" once it's done with the roof.  :)

412437[/snapback]

Oh I will, the neighbors already got their roofs replaced.... :doh:

I'm kind of stunned that no one has flamed me for being so insenstive as to wish for a tornado. :blink:

Oh I will, the neighbors already got their roofs replaced.... :blink:

I'm kind of stunned that no one has flamed me for being so insenstive as to wish for a tornado. :)

412452[/snapback]

If you are drawing the tornadoes toward you, that means you are drawing them away from me...

...ALLEGANY-CATTARAUGUS-CHAUTAUQUA-GENESEE-JEFFERSON-LEWIS-LIVINGSTON- MONROE-NIAGARA-NORTHERN CAYUGA-NORTHERN ERIE-ONTARIO-ORLEANS-OSWEGO- SOUTHERN ERIE-WAYNE-WYOMING- 958 AM EDT FRI AUG 19 2005

...SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS ARE POSSIBLE THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT...

A VERY MOIST AND UNSTABLE AIR MASS ACROSS THE OHIO VALLEY IS EXPECTED TO SURGE NORTHEASTWARD THIS AFTERNOON AHEAD OF AN UPPER LEVEL DISTURBANCE TRACKING THROUGH THE GREAT LAKES REGION. THE COMBINATION OF STRONG INSTABILITY AND MODEST MID AND UPPER LEVEL WINDS ASSOCIATED WITH THE DISTURBANCE WILL BE FAVORABLE FOR ORGANIZED SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS THIS AFTERNOON AND TONIGHT.

THE PRIMARY AREA FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF SEVERE WEATHER WILL BE WEST OF THE FINGER LAKES...INCLUDING THE BUFFALO AND ROCHESTER AREAS. THE BEST TIME FOR DEVELOPMENT WILL BE FROM 2 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO 8 PM THIS EVENING.

THE MAIN SEVERE WEATHER THREAT IS EXPECTED TO BE LARGE HAIL AND DAMAGING WINDS. HOWEVER...ISOLATED TORNADOES ARE ALSO POSSIBLE....

The sky is falling!

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/14222...&from=whatwhere

412400[/snapback]

In a related note...

Twister the movie really has really shown its age and reveals itself as downright awful. I remember when it first came out everyone was amazed by that darn flying cow. All the special effects kept everyone distracted from the poor plot/casting/acting in the movie overall. Now that those special effects look uber fake compared to what goes on in Hollywood today -- completely unwatchable.

The unitentional comedy scale is through the roof though. Anyone remember how the Helen Hunt and what's his name characters managed to stave off that final out-of-this-world powerful twister?

LMAO

quandry.....

If so, do I do ritual dances on my front lawn hoping for a spinning act of god to eat my roof???  :)

412424[/snapback]

I believe the insurance company will only pay for the cost of replacement based on current depreciation. In other words, if it costs $10,000 to replace your roof with a new one, but your current one is only worth $6000, you end up having to come up with the $4000 when it comes time to replace the roof that's now covering some curled up witches feet.