OT NHL Center Ice

They're going to have to lower that price down soon. There is no way they can get enough people to order it. There weren't alot of hockey fans before last season, so now that it's been out a year, they've probably lost alot more. It should be something like $99.

Price posted is $129 as long as you buy before October 31st.  After October 31st it goes up to $159.

So much for throwing hockey fans a bone...  :devil:

412255[/snapback]

I don't think that is the price. The text says the $129.00 is for the 04-05 season, and if you paid $129.00 for that, I got a bridge for ya.

One year, I think it was the 2001-2002 season, I got the Center Ice package (on Time Warner) for the last 3 months of the season, for 59.99. The funny thing was, the next season, I got it again, for free...I don't know if it was a clerical error on Time Warner's part or what. When the season began, I thought it was just one of those "free preview" things they do with all of the sports packages, but it just kept on for the whole season.

Frankly, I am kind of excited about the upcoming season, but with my schedule, and football season in full swing during the fall, I might hold off until January to get the Center Ice thing...unless they have a good deal...living in the central time zone, by the time I get home from work, Sabres games are half over...taping them every night is alright, but kind of a hassle...no TIVO!

Price posted is $129 as long as you buy before October 31st.  After October 31st it goes up to $159.

So much for throwing hockey fans a bone...  :devil:

412255[/snapback]

I think it's more like boning the hockey fan

One year, I think it was the 2001-2002 season, I got the Center Ice package (on Time Warner) for the last 3 months of the season, for 59.99.  The funny thing was, the next season, I got it again, for free...I don't know if it was a clerical error on Time Warner's part or what.  When the season began, I thought it was just one of those "free preview" things they do with all of the sports packages, but it just kept on for the whole season.

412291[/snapback]

Dude, maybe you should check your credit card reports, if you still have them.

NFL Ticket and NBA Season Pass both renew automatically.

Dude, maybe you should check your credit card reports, if you still have them. 

NFL Ticket and NBA Season Pass both renew automatically.

412295[/snapback]

I have no credit cards (credit card free since January 2000)...one thing I know, TIME WARNER does not let any bill go unpaid...I really think it was just some sort of fluke...or an oversite, by the corporate giants! :devil:

I have no credit cards...one thing I know, TIME WARNER does not let any bill go unpaid...I really think it was just some sort of fluke...or an oversite, by the corporate giants! :devil:

412300[/snapback]

Dude who works for me got the last seaon for free, but on Comcast, not TW, so it does happen

I don't think that is the price. The text says the $129.00 is for the 04-05 season, and if you paid $129.00 for that, I got a bridge for ya.

412287[/snapback]

Please elaborate - is there a way to haggle and get a lower charge? I paid full price for center ice last year, whatever the earlybird renewal rate was at the time.

Please elaborate - is there a way to haggle and get a lower charge?  I paid full price for center ice last year, whatever the earlybird renewal rate was at the time.

412344[/snapback]

My attempt at sarcasm was obviosly off the mark. Just meant they didn't play last year, and per the site the $129 is for the 04-05 season

My attempt at sarcasm was obviosly off the mark. Just meant they didn't play last year, and per the site the $129 is for the 04-05 season

412379[/snapback]

Right but if you look below that it says offer expires October 31, 2005. I think the year is a typo and the price is correct. I hope I'm wrong.

The reason I posted this is because that site is different today than it was yesterday. Previously it had said something to the effect that pricing for the upcoming season was coming soon. So it isn't as though this site has been sitting unchanged for a year.