How much do you care about details on injuries?

34-78-83

Do YOU care as much about injuries as much as WGR implies you do?  

61 members have voted

1. 1. Do YOU care as much about injuries as much as WGR implies you do?

• Yes, I feel that as a fan I have a right to know as much as possible
    • No, NFL teams/players have good reason to disclose as they please

This poll is based on the discussions on Buffalo radio WGR550 recently, which seem to have the hosts all stirred up about what they feel is disrepectful treatment of the media and fans regarding how much detail the Bills reveal about injuries. They seem to feel that they are representing your opinion on how this is being handled. Are they right? I say no, but what do you think? (Explain if you wish)....

Unfortunately as usual I need a third choice.

I really want info on injuries to players essential to whether we can compete for the playoffs this season such as if there was an injury to WM. However, I really am fine with the level of info given out regarding our potential #3 WR.

Rven regarding the injury to JP last year, i was most interested in whether it would impact him in the long-run but once it was clear that he would likely eventually be fine I was pleased that there was no chance for him to play as it stopped mindless argument or any temptation to rush him along.

As far as the general point, it would be fine with me it the regular season rules for teams applied to the pre-season that they are forced to reveal injuries, their location on the body, and some prognosis as to when he will play that can be expressed in percentages since no one really knows.

I don't need to know everything and a choice that is between knowing everything or knowing nothing is not a real choice.

I don't need to know everything and a choice that is between knowing everything or knowing nothing is not a real choice.

411878[/snapback]

There was no implication in the Poll description of an "all or nothing" choice if that's what you're saying here... :devil:

What's most amusing about the embarrassing whining going on at WGR over this issue is the fact they are acting like they care so much about the fans, and we're all in it together, and it's us against the big bad company. They would do a service to themselves and us fans and the team if they just woke up and realized most fans aren't on their side in virtually anything.

What's most amusing about the embarrassing whining going on at WGR over this issue is the fact they are acting like they care so much about the fans, and we're all in it together, and it's us against the big bad company. They would do a service to themselves and us fans and the team if they just woke up and realized most fans aren't on their side in virtually anything.

411972[/snapback]

I agree, that is what I was hoping to show with these poll results. I don't want to skew them though by saying that. :devil:

411972[/snapback]

Agreed. WGR needs to get off their high horse and realize they not only do not represent the fans, but that most fans find them embarressing.

PTR

I listened to some of their whining on the drive home last night. They act as if they have some right to the information which I don't get. They don't. Actually no one does. Just because someone buys a ticket doesn't give them the right to expect anything other than a game from the team. anything other than admission to the game is absolutely not required from the team.

Just more of WGR's extremely poor programming. The dope and the poodle have to be two of the lamest talk show hosts ever.

WGR are a bunch of whiners, I dont get to hear them anymore since I dont live in the area, but as of last year when I last heard them it was just getting to be too much bullsh*t to listen to. Schopp, Bulldog, that young guy who does the night show, all they do is complain about what Donahoe and MM do and how they dont get treated well cos they're the media. No NFL team has an obligation to any media outlet to kiss their ass and tell them what they are doing.

Next thing they'll be asking what they're gameplan is for the next game. IDIOTS!

Mike Mularkey should just call a press conference and say, "From all indications, Roscoe Parrish will be out 3 weeks, 2 days, 22 hours and 12 minutes. But that may significantly change, and may be a lot less and may be a lot more. Kevin Everett will be out 2 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, 11 hours and 58 or 9 minutes. But that may or may not be accurate."

Mike Mularkey should just call a press conference and say, "From all indications, Roscoe Parrish will be out 3 weeks, 2 days, 22 hours and 12 minutes. But that may significantly change, and may be a lot less and may be a lot more. Kevin Everett will be out 2 months, 3 weeks, 6 days, 11 hours and 58 or 9 minutes. But that may or may not be accurate."

412971[/snapback]

I like it. 0:)

Schopp going off about "what about the people who play fantasy football?!?" was what really started getting to me. Yeah. That really matters. (And yes, I do play fantasy football.) Newsflash: if Roscoe Parrish was going to be one of the starting WRs on your FFL team, you've got deeper problems than what the Bills are telling you or not telling you about his wrist.

I won't attack WGR en masse like some people have been doing, but I will say this: Mike, when you start going after WKBW (saying their sponsorship of the team was the only reason they got a one-on-one interview with Losman), and then follow it up with the statement that you can't get people from the Bills on the air with you because "we don't pay for interviews", do you realize how stupid you sound?

Suggestion: ask Howard how much he was "paying for interviews" last season. That didn't stop Tom Donahoe from going on the Simoncast the day after HS suggested another non-playoff season might be TD's last in Buffalo....