bashing pennington - a fool's errand

over his career, he's averaged a 2 to 1 td to int ratio, a 66% completion rate, and a 7.4 ypa average. obviously, those are excellent numbers. for those who feel he's not the player he was, in the playoffs last year (post-injury), facing 2 teams with a combined regular season record of 27-5 *on the road*, he had a 2 to 1 td to int ratio, a 67% completion rate, and a 7.0 ypa average.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/PennCh01.htm

bledsoe's career ypa is 6.6. jim kelly's is 7.4.

bearing this in mind, those who say they prefer an unproven commodity like losman over pennington might want to think again. this is not to say that losman won't be good -- it's impossible to tell. however, it is clearly evident that pennington is an upper echelon qb at this point based on his production.

over his career, he's averaged a 2 to 1 td to int ratio, a 66% completion rate, and a 7.4 ypa average. obviously, those are excellent numbers. for those who feel he's not the player he was, in the playoffs last year (post-injury), facing 2 teams with a combined regular season record of 27-5 *on the road*, he had a 2 to 1 td to int ratio, a 67% completion rate, and a 7.0 ypa average.

bearing this in mind, those who say they prefer an unproven commodity like losman over pennington might want to think again. this is not to say that losman won't be good -- it's impossible to tell.  however, it is clearly evident that pennington is an upper echelon qb at this point based on his production.

411300[/snapback]

His shoulder is pulp (I stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night). If I was a betting man I would put the over/under at 7 games for him this year. I just don't think he's gonna make it.

Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Its no doubt that Pennington does have good stats. He is a smart QB but when watching him throw he never goes downfield. He never takes risks. His longest pass is usually only about 10-15 yds in the air. I just think Jet fans hype this guy up and he is good but not great. Losman will be better. Go JP.

bearing this in mind, those who say they prefer an unproven commodity like losman over pennington might want to think again. this is not to say that losman won't be good -- it's impossible to tell.  however, it is clearly evident that pennington is an upper echelon qb at this point based on his production.

411300[/snapback]

those stats are "breasts" :lol: