The Perfect Bills Season

The Bills steamroll through the preseason and go 16-0 in the regular season.

McGahee runs for 3,000 yards and 25 touchdowns and isn't even touched in several games. Zero Fumbles.

Losman runs for 1,000 yards scrambling, 4,500 yards passing, 35 TD's and 0 INTs.

No penalties all year, no turnovers on offense.

Spikes has 250 tackles, 15 sacks, 10 INTs.

Fletcher has 300 tackles, 10 sacks, 15 INTs.

No injuries to report.

The secondary bats down or intercepts every single pass thrown their way.

The Bills steamroll through the playoffs and beat the Falcons by six touchdowns in the Super Bowl.

ESPN gives us the respect we deserve. Stuart Scott's head blows up, and Stephen A. Smith's new show is cancelled after he develops season-long laryngitis.

All fans everywhere hail the 2005 Buffalo Bills as the greatest team ever.

With all of the whining I hear on this board, it sounds like there are a number of people here who will accept nothing less than the statistics listed above.

This is football. There are always mistakes and mental errors. There are always injuries. Even the 1972 Dolphins had to come back three times in the final minutes in order to win games. There is always luck during a season...good and bad.

I say, let's just enjoy the ride. Complain when it's necessary, but otherwise, don't act like we can replace MM or TD.

This will be a well prepared football team, but it's not the best team in the division right now. However, I see the Bills building something. Something really, really good for the future.

That's my two cents, and now I will step down from the soapbox.

Mike

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why didn't Clements return any punts for touchdowns?!?!?!?! :lol:

And what about McGee?!

This season sucked....

:doh:

CW

408662[/snapback]

LMAO...forgot to note the special teams and all the turnovers they caused, plus the 12 touchdowns Clements and McGee each scored on returns.

:):lol:

Mike

Stop intimating that he's light in the loafers.

408670[/snapback]

fag.

If Spikes and Fletcher combine for 550 tackles, then I hope the rest of the D doesn't get any tackles, because that's already allowing the opposing offense over 34 plays per game.... :doh:

You could have mentioned that Mel Kiper, John Madden, Joe Theisman, and Dan Dierdorf were all in a fatal airplane crash together.

Is there a national commentator or announcer that hasn't been insulted by our forum posters? Even Rich Eisen (on NFL Network) has been slammed. I think he does a terrific job, is a good interviewer, and has a smooth delivery.

Mel Kiper is not very charismatic as a TV personality, but he's done his homework and though he doesn't have the resources or knowledge of GMs and top scouts, I'd bet he knows far more about NFL draft prospects than any of the amateurs posting here.

Madden is knowledeable and charismatic and is occasionally informative. That said, he can get overly bombastic and easily sidetracked. I've heard him as a guest on radio interviews and I swear he's downright senile as he stutters through cliches and double talk. He's made an art of talking for long periods of time and saying absolutely nothing.

Theisman is not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he's paid to be opinionated and give insight from a player perspective. He is what he is. I'll never forget watching a Bills' ESPN game when he uttered a classic malaprop saying, "he's got him in the short hairs" (rather than crosshairs).

I've never understood what Dierdorf is so hated. I've listened to him, specifically to hear why he is so disliked, especially by Bills fans. Don't get it. Seems to be fair in his assessments and I'd say is a generally likeable guy who I wouldn't mind having as a neighbor to share a few frosties with.

Are there any commentators that are universally liked?

BTW - is it me or does Bob Costas come off like a real dick?

Theisman is not the sharpest tool in the shed

408695[/snapback]

No, but "tool" is the right word for him. I can't believe that someone who played the game for a significant amount of time could be so ill-informed and wrong so often. I flat-out can't stand the guy.

Dierdorf is fine, I don't feel one way or the other about him. Costas I find to be pretty darned knowledgeable. I like him. Plus he's a 'Cuse guy.

Are there any commentators that are universally liked?

408695[/snapback]

I actually like Tasker. Some complain about him here but I think he truly brings the player perspective you claim Theismann adds. My one critique of him would actually be that I think he goes out of his way not to be a Bills homer, and is overly critical of our boys on the air.

I think some of the old, classic broadcasters were universally liked. But that's coming from the era where one game was on instead of 16, where the voice of your local team meant something, and there were less distractions. With quantity, the quality has decreased. I mean, we have to listen to Kenny Albert drunkenly stumble over himself year after year. How is this guy still working in broadcasting?

What's all this got to do with the Madden '06 Bills anyway? :blush:

I say, let's just enjoy the ride.  Complain when it's necessary, but otherwise, don't act like we can replace MM or TD. 

This will be a well prepared football team, but it's not the best team in the division right now.  However, I see the Bills building something.  Something really, really good for the future.

That's my two cents, and now I will step down from the soapbox.

408651[/snapback]

So your saying if someone sees something different they shouldn't say anything, because it doesn't meet with your agenda, nor does it show the Bills not winning every Super Bowl. :blush:

So your saying if someone sees something different they shouldn't say anything, because it doesn't meet with your agenda, nor does it show the Bills not winning every Super Bowl.  :blush:

408705[/snapback]

No, he's saying complain when it's warranted (like, not so much during the effing preseason), and that not all is lost if the team doesn't meet all these criteria.

In a nutshell, enjoy it. Seems like a hard thing for a lot of us to do these days. Is it just that we care too much?