Why did Wade bench Flutie?

Frez

It still bothers me to think Rob Johnson played over our starting QB in that playoff game vs the Titans. Why did Wade bench Flutie? I think thge outcome of the game would have been different if Doug would have played. We had such a good team going into that game and we had to go with a candy ass for a QB.

:D

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It still bothers me to think Rob Johnson played over our starting QB in that playoff game vs the Titans. Why did Wade bench Flutie? I think thge outcome of the game would have been different if Doug would have played. We had such a good team going into that game and we had to go with a candy ass for a QB.

406638[/snapback]

It never would have come down to the last play if Flutie hadn't paced the sidelines all game with his helmet on going "when can I play, coach, huh? huh? when can I play?" Without that distraction the Bills would have won by three touchdowns.

It never would have come down to the last play if Flutie hadn't paced the sidelines all game with his helmet on going "when can I play, coach, huh? huh?  when can I play?"  Without that distraction the Bills would have won by three touchdowns.

406646[/snapback]

Flutie humping Wade's leg for three hours was a tad distracting... not that Wade was even watching the game. :D

it would have been the same result, at best. Flutie doesn't play special teams, and RJ put together one of the most forgotten but toughest, guttiest performances ever. That dude was beaten down (insert homoerotic joke here) by the titans and he still was able to drive down for the winning field goal. But, neither doug flutie nor rob johnson played special teams that day, so i think your question is moot.. Also, it was 5 years ago, so its pretty moot now too...

Now for a real question... What would have become of bill parcells had mark kelso been able to tackle??

406638[/snapback]

Are we still on this? 6 years ago and we're still talking about this crap?!! :D

Are we still on this?  6 years ago and we're still talking about this crap?!! :D

406698[/snapback]

6?

I'm still pissed over the Buf KC game for Superbowl one.

I have all my teeth, too, and my hair is still brown.

The sad part is that I told my brother during the game that the winner of this game will go to the superbowl.  DAMN

406701[/snapback]

I couldn't see that team doing better than perhaps getting past the second round. Beating the Colts and Jaguars would have been a tall order for that team.

I couldn't see that team doing better than perhaps getting past the second round. Beating the Colts and Jaguars would have been a tall order for that team.

406703[/snapback]

We had one HELL of a defense that year. Who knows what would have gone down.