McGahee now Benedict Arnold?

BigDaddy12

Fanball.com reporting Willis wants a trade if he is not opening day starter.

Bills: McGahee demands starting role?

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Friday, August 20, 2004

News

Willis McGahee has reportedly asked the Buffalo Bills to trade him if he is not their starting running back on opening day. According to the Associated Press, McGahee did not issue any type of ultimatum, but expressed his unhappiness at the prospect of playing second fiddle to starter Travis Henry. A Bills' spokesman denied the rumor and McGahee could not be reached for comment.

Without jumping to conclusions, just because the Bills' denied it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

My concern now focuses on the fact TH says "trade me" and he is villified on this board. WM says the same and it is discounted.

This will end up being bigger than Flutie-Johnson ever was.

Guest gobuffalo
Fanball.com reporting Willis wants a trade if he is not opening day starter.

Bills: McGahee demands starting role?

by Fanball Staff - Fanball.com

Friday, August 20, 2004

News

Willis McGahee has reportedly asked the Buffalo Bills to trade him if he is not their starting running back on opening day. According to the Associated Press, McGahee did not issue any type of ultimatum, but expressed his unhappiness at the prospect of playing second fiddle to starter Travis Henry. A Bills' spokesman denied the rumor and McGahee could not be reached for comment.

1155[/snapback]

uht oh.....better start him :lol:

Yeah... I doubt this story is true... but I do wonder why Drew Rosenhaus wouldn't also deny it.

The AP story says that he had no comment. Howard Simon says that his producer called and spoke to Rosenhaus directly who refused to comment at all on the story.

So if its not true, why wouldn't Rosenhaus just dismiss it and have done with it?

Just wondering...

Without jumping to conclusions, just because the Bills' denied it, doesn't mean it didn't happen.

My concern now focuses on the fact TH says "trade me" and he is villified on this board. WM says the same and it is discounted.

This will end up being bigger than Flutie-Johnson ever was.

1172[/snapback]

It's discounted because of the source...give me a real source and I'll believe it happened.

Does this still mean that Bledsoe still stinks or is he back on the good list? I can't keep track from day to day on who I am supposed to hate and who stinks.

Last week Henry, Bledsoe and the o-line stunk. McGahee and Losman would win the bowl for us. Now Henry is the true Bill and McGahee can kiss our ass. Does that mean Losman can kiss our ass too cause he wants to start ASAP. I am so confused.

Guest WalkingCane

I have known Willis for since Highschool, and He would NOT say that, he is a

humble, respectful man. This ai completly out of HIS character. Total BS.

Best Wishes to the Bills, and Go Miami Hurricanes!

Does this still mean that Bledsoe still stinks or is he back on the good list? I can't keep track from day to day on who I am supposed to hate and who stinks.

Last week Henry, Bledsoe and the o-line stunk. McGahee and Losman would win the bowl for us. Now Henry is the true Bill and McGahee can kiss our ass. Does that mean Losman can kiss our ass too cause he wants to start ASAP. I am so confused.

1189[/snapback]

bring back rob and doug as this is getting ridiculous

maybe willis could play first viola and leave travis at fiddle

AP, CBSportsline, ESPN

Sounds like legit sources to me.

1196[/snapback]

The source of the story, not who's reporting it...as far as I can tell nobody knows who claims McGahee said this...it's just some story that every media outlet is aping at this point. I'm not saying it's not true, just I won't believe it till I hear McGahee, his agent, or the Bills say it is true.

The source of the story, not who's reporting it...as far as I can tell nobody knows who claims McGahee said this...it's just some story that every media outlet is aping at this point.  I'm not saying it's not true, just I won't believe it till I hear McGahee, his agent, or the Bills say it is true.

1200[/snapback]

I understand your point on the source, but in the past we've heard rumblings and waited for them to be substantiated by a major outlet (ala ESPN, NFL.com) and alot of rumors are just that, rumors that are never reported in the mainstream media.

The big boys are jumping on this one BIGTIME.

That said, I also agree and look forward to definitive proof of the statement.

I can't believe this kid!  He has one good outing and he starts acting like an all pro baby!  I hope Mularkey sits him for the next game.

1231[/snapback]

Cobra seriously shutup man

IT IS NOT PROVEN TRUE YET..but you think he should sit

thank god you arent the coach.

Ummm, let's see.

Your team has an all-Pro, 1400 yards-a-season, plays when he's painfully hurt RB whom your most hated opponent even admits that it does not like to face.

You've had a SEVERE injury that has set back even some of the league's best backs two years, when all is said and done.

Your team has TAKEN A CHANCE on you with a high draft pick and is paying you good money when everyone else pretty much had written you off as maybe a second-day pick.

You have had one solid outing in the 2nd half of the year's first preseason game, your first contact play in 1 1/2 years.

You think you have leverage on this one? You think you're owed a starting job now?

Willis, get your head together and / or get out in the media and refute this one. Because no Bills fan in their right mind would respect this attitude.

Archived