Anyone catch this dis on the air?

Anyone catch when the announcer said "...that was not a good play by so-and-so...hate to see that happen next week whe the Packers play a better team!" Happened about 2/3 of the way into the scrimmage. He tried to stop himself but it was too late, he dissed the Bills bigtime on the air. FYI they play SD next week.

PTR

Anyone catch when the announcer said "...that was not a good play by so-and-so...hate to see that happen next week whe the Packers play a better team!"  Happened about 2/3 of the way into the scrimmage.  He tried to stop himself but it was too late, he dissed the Bills bigtime on the air.  FYI they play SD next  week.

PTR

400487[/snapback]

It might have made sense if he was just comparing the teams as a whole and referring to last year's records. But he was specifically talking about the defense which he'd earlier mentioned as "possibly the best defense in the league".

That's ok, he also said JP deciding to run instead of throw was a "physical mistake" not a "mental mistake". I'm pretty sure that'd be classified as a mental error.

Anyone catch when the announcer said "...that was not a good play by so-and-so...hate to see that happen next week whe the Packers play a better team!"  Happened about 2/3 of the way into the scrimmage.  He tried to stop himself but it was too late, he dissed the Bills bigtime on the air.  FYI they play SD next  week.

PTR

400487[/snapback]

Bastard. :D

This was a scrimmage, not the fifth week of the season. I don't care right now if every media person and publication in America, Canada, and Bermuda dismiss the Bills. As long as the team doesn't read or believe a word of it.

Mike

This was a scrimmage, not the fifth week of the season.  I don't care right now if every media person and publication in America, Canada, and Bermuda dismiss the Bills.  As long as the team doesn't read or believe a word of it.

Mike

400783[/snapback]

Oh I do hope they read it and use it as motivation, not that they need it. But it's always great to prove the "experts" wrong.

PTR

Oh I do hope they read it and use it as motivation, not that they need it.  But it's always great to prove the "experts" wrong.

PTR

400955[/snapback]

I love it when no one gives my team a chance. It makes winning all the sweeter.

PTR

400487[/snapback]

Outrageous. Everybody knows based on last season that we are better SD!

PTR

400487[/snapback]

Seeing as how the Chargers made the playoffs last year, that would make them a better team. So, he's not dissing the Bills. Sometimes I think you can get oversensitive at times. :D

Seeing as how the Chargers made the playoffs last year, that would make them a better team. So, he's not dissing the Bills. Sometimes I think you can get oversensitive at times.  :D

401168[/snapback]

I'm assuming you'd already deduced that from some of the reactions here to the various preseason forecasts. "What? They're not picking the Bills all the way? How DARE they?!??!?!?"

Bills D was higher-ranked than SD in just about every defensive stat last year - yardage, points allowed, sacks, and turnovers. Most of the Chargers' 2004 success traces directly back to having had the #3 scoring offense (and #1 in the league in red-zone production).

But yeah, if the announcer was talking solely about 12-4 vs. 9-7, he had a valid point....

But yeah, if the announcer was talking solely about 12-4 vs. 9-7, he had a valid point....

401178[/snapback]

Exactly.

And until the Bills end their playoff drought, they're not going to be mentioned in the same breath of the Pats, Steelers, Chargers, or any other division winner. Period. End of story. Is it right? Maybe not. But that's life in the Hot Pockets media world we live in right now.

Yeah, I heard the guy try and backtrack from his "better team" remark...but christ, let's just be realistic here. 12-4 vs. 9-7...Hmmm, maybe the guy jumped the gun on "better team" but let's not get our panties in a knot over a remark like this.