Scrimmage...

Don't want to say too much before reviewing the tape....(yes, I'm putting this on DVD to watch close again........I must have some disease, but I always like breaking down tape), but I really like the style of the offense. Yes, there have been some mistakes....mostly in the run blocking area, but here are my notes:

JP looks confident and very in control......(except for that last pass) should have been a pick and TD for GB

D looks solid, but coverage has had a little trouble. A few dropped passes by GB

Run D has given a little more up than we are used to

McGahee looks like a stud (TD!!!!).....could use a little more help from the O-Line

Offense a little out of sync, but nothing to worry about at all

JP is rushing just a bit.....but no problem...no worries.

Gandy is NOT a liability so far in Pass Blocking

Parrish can't be covered

Overall, the team looks pretty good for this early in camp

(I reserve the right to change my mind after breaking down the tape! HA!)

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

He should of took off with it though or got rid of th ball.    Can't do the bledsoe pat in buffalo anymore.  The fans might string him up. 

lol

400231[/snapback]

Thats sadly a problem JP will have for this entire year...if he takes off and runs, people will get pissed at him for leaving the pocket and not having enough patience. If he sticks it out and looks for an open WR, people will get mad at him for not creating something by scrambling.

Damned if you do and damned if you dont.

He'll have to learn what is the best situation for both.

Willis to the one off tackle to left.

Bennie Anderson is a FUGGIN Tank. He's just hitting and pushing everything. Gandy is better in the run game than the pass game.

I have a good feeling inside the tackles will be good to Willis this year.

Anderson and Villarial are solid.....

Willis to the one off tackle to left. 

Bennie Anderson is a FUGGIN Tank.  He's just hitting and pushing everything.  Gandy is better in the run game than the pass game. 

I have a good feeling inside the tackles will be good to Willis this year. 

Anderson and Villarial are solid.....

400237[/snapback]

Come on QB sneak...lets see it...

He should of took off with it though or got rid of th ball.    Can't do the bledsoe pat in buffalo anymore.  The fans might string him up. 

lol

400231[/snapback]

Its going to happen occasionally. JP is going to make some bad passes this year and he's going to take some unnecessary sacks. Even the good young Qbs make bad plays, sometimes a lot of them. Manning tossed almost 30 INTs as a rookie. Its all part of the learning process.

Overall, JP looks good for first outing, although better in beginning than later on

On 11 attempts so far,

6 completions - all of which were good reads and good throws

Incompletions:

1 possible overthrow but pass interference so hard to tell

1 overthrow in end zone, when he could have possibly run in

2 bad underthows

1 bad throw on out - almost pic that would have beed taken back all the way if not dropped

and a scramble when he could have passed to Reed (if he saw him)

Overall I liked what I saw - cant wait for first preseason game

Its going to happen occasionally.  JP is going to make some bad passes this year and he's going to take some unnecessary sacks.    Even the good young Qbs make bad plays,  sometimes a lot of them.  Manning tossed almost 30 INTs as a rookie.  Its all part of the learning process.

400240[/snapback]

The play would have been a touchdown if it was picked off. That's what we can't see you in my opinion. No int's for interceptions. An int from a rookie fine, but one of those bad throws that a db has a clean break on can't happen.

The packers D owend the Bills during the goalline stand.

400247[/snapback]

its all for naught.. willis scored a 10 yard td run earlier... but yeah, the o line needs some push on those goal line situations. they're not as bad as advertised though.

So whats the deal here with the scrimmage...I'm assuming they are doing red zone work right now, how many more series does each team get?

400250[/snapback]

Yes, redzone. The Packers have had about 8 plays now, they are on the goal line now

I'm really impressed by the Bills. Scrimmage or not, they are looking sharp, calling some very agressive plays on bith sides, and look pretty f'n good.

Agreed - compared to the last couple Browns scrimmages, which looked sloppy and practice-like,

this year they do look sharp at this stage - I bet palying to a sold out crowd in a real stadium helps vs. a Saturday morning scrimmage on a practice field