What IF.....

Estro

I've been surfing the web for the past hour and listening to NFL LIVE and just got started thinking about something. If we still had Henry on the roster I think the trade for Corey Simon would be much more feasible.

Todd Pinkston, starting receiver for the Eagles, apparently ruptured his achilles and will most likely be lost for the season. Correl Buckhalter, limped off the field today with an apparent knee injury (he tore his ACL last year in training camp). Brian Westbrook, the starting back, is still holding out for a new contract and is not in camp. Terrel Owens has a minor injury, and his future health status is still undetermined. This means that the Eagles are cureently missing their top 2 running backs and their top 2 receivers.

Basically, I see a scenario now where the Eagles could really use a guy like Travis Henry with all the problems they currently have. I'm not saying I think a Travis for Simon swap straight up would get it done (not even close), but perhaps Henry and a mid pick like a 4th. Does anyone else think that we could've gotten more out of the eagles given their current situation, than the 3rd round pick we got form the Titans?

P.S. Don't get me wrong I was satisfied in getting a 3rd for Henry, but I'm just thinking what if...

This was mentioned around draft time. Henry for Simon. Basically if the Eagles had any interest in it I'm sure it would have been done. I don't see why they'd want Henry when they'll get Westbrook's contract straightened out eventually.

Your right. There is no way Westbrook holds out for the season. But even so is he the type of back that can give you all you need over a 16 game season. I don't think so, than bring into the equation the fact that Buckhalter can't stay healthy. I just think the Eagles would look a lot closer at Henry now than they were willing to during the draft.

This was mentioned around draft time.  Henry for Simon.  Basically if the Eagles had any interest in it I'm sure it would have been done.  I don't see why they'd want Henry when they'll get Westbrook's contract straightened out eventually.

399980[/snapback]

But they had a healthy roster around draft time. Now they don't. Like I said earlier I really dont want Simon here. What I do want is a long term deal for Nate and the Defense to hold up their end by giving us the 85 Bears D here in Buffalo.

F' Philly. They were jerking Donahoe around with Travis and they jerk around most of their players when its contract time. They deserve what they are getting. I hope their starting lineup consists of Moats at RB, and Greg Lewis and Reggie Brown at WR. Donahoe should offer a 3rd rounder for Simon. Let him sit out and eat up $5m in cap space.

I've been surfing the web for the past hour and listening to NFL LIVE and just got started thinking about something.  If we still had Henry on the roster I think the trade for Corey Simon would be much more feasible.

Todd Pinkston, starting receiver for the Eagles, apparently ruptured his achilles and will most likely be lost for the season.  Correl Buckhalter, limped off the field today with an apparent knee injury (he tore his ACL last year in training camp).  Brian Westbrook, the starting back, is still holding out for a new contract and is not in camp.  Terrel Owens has a minor injury, and his future health status is still undetermined.  This means that the Eagles are cureently missing their top 2 running backs and their top 2 receivers.

Basically, I see a scenario now where the Eagles could really use a guy like Travis Henry with all the problems they currently have.  I'm not saying I think a Travis for Simon swap straight up would get it done (not even close), but perhaps Henry and a mid pick like a 4th.  Does anyone else think that we could've gotten more out of the eagles given their current situation, than the 3rd round pick we got form the Titans?

P.S.  Don't get me wrong I was satisfied in getting a 3rd for Henry, but I'm just thinking what if...

399969[/snapback]

He's not thank god.

We aren't going to get Corey Simon unless we unload salary and in the NFL that's nearly impossible. That guy wants to get paid, and I mean PAID.

Forget about Travis.

I agree with BuffaloRebound. Let's see how the Green Turds, I mean Birds, like a nice low-ball, jerk around offer like they gave Donahoe. Oh, we're interested, MAYBE we'll give you a 3rd rder or maybe a 4th. Nah, would you take a 5th and be happy? Like we're a bunch of idiots and are desperate for their cheap ass ways. I hope they choke on Simon and his big, fat contract.