Meet the new boss

PromoTheRobot

I went to the Jags game without a strong sense of where this team would be. It's pretty obvious now we are just picking up where we left off. Even if we won the game, I would still say we are lloking like a 6-10 team again.

The shame of it all is that it looks like Tom Donahoe bought a bunch of bad merchandise. We just don't have the players. Bledsoe? It's over. Just deal with it. Like someone said on WGR today, we've lowered the bar so far for Drew, we're happy when this one-time Pro Bowl isn't losing the game for us.

The line? Putrid. Kicking? A joke. Defense? No discipline. Coach Mullarkey has sh*t to work with. OL Coach McNally is already washing his hands. Unfortunately, we have to wait another 3 years, after Mullarkey gets fired, before anyone considers Donahoe getting the boot.

PTR

Yes this is the pattern all over again.

We lose early in the season: people say ... well it is too early to really tell only after one game. And then discredit what you say by name calling.

We lose in the middle of the season: People say ... just get over it and look forward to the next game.

We lose late in the season: People say ... well it is too late to do anything about it this season. Adjustments will have to be made during the off-season.

Then the season is done and my favorite part happens: People say ... they are hopefull NEXT YEAR will be better. Always look to next year.

In the meantime IF anyone points out anything that could stand improvement on the team PLEASE be sure to BASH that person as a non-fan and tell them to cheer for Miami if that's the way they feel about the Bills.

I have seen this movie before <_<

I went to the Jags game without a strong sense of where this team would be.  It's pretty obvious now we are just picking up where we left off.  Even if we won the game, I would still say we are lloking like a 6-10 team again.

The shame of it all is that it looks like Tom Donahoe bought a bunch of bad merchandise.  We just don't have the players.  Bledsoe?  It's over.  Just deal with it.  Like someone said on WGR today, we've lowered the bar so far for Drew, we're happy when this one-time Pro Bowl isn't losing the game for us.

The line?  Putrid.  Kicking?  A joke.  Defense?  No discipline.  Coach Mullarkey has sh*t to work with.  OL Coach McNally is already washing his hands.  Unfortunately, we have to wait another 3 years, after Mullarkey gets fired, before anyone considers Donahoe getting the boot.

PTR

28157[/snapback]

How is McNally already "washing his hands?" Did I miss a quote or something?

I must have missed something, because this team, especially the offense, looks completely different than last year.

They didn't lose because the offense couldn't sustain drives, or protect the QB or gave up on the running game.

They protected Bledsoe, controlled the clock, and racked up some good ground yardage on one of the best run defenses in the league.

Unlike last year, were the whole offense game plan and execution just looked wrong, you can point to specific plays yesterday where the game broke down.

Bottom line is that the mistakes that cost the game were made by veteren players. You'd expect veterens to be able to fix these mistakes, and once they do, this offensive scheme will work.

The line?  Putrid.  Kicking?  A joke.  Defense?  No discipline.  Coach Mullarkey has sh*t to work with.  OL Coach McNally is already washing his hands.  Unfortunately, we have to wait another 3 years, after Mullarkey gets fired, before anyone considers Donahoe getting the boot.

PTR

28157[/snapback]

Promo,

Seriously man, I think something is finally going wrong with your processors. I know it is getting difficult to find tubes or get them checked since Loblaws took the old testing machines out but time has finally come for you to have your tubes replaced with some solid state circuitry.

<_<

I agree with the post above. They are a different team this year.

Just how much of a barometer was Week 1 last year? None.

I think those not blasting the Bills are just as disappointed as everyone else. And yes, there is a time to be brutally honest with ourselves, but it is a bit early right now.

If we win at Oakland and go to the bye at 1-1, we are back in the running. If we go in 0-2, I agree it will be a long year where we will be consistently competitive losers like last year.

I must have missed something, because this team, especially the offense, looks completely different than last year.

They didn't lose because the offense couldn't sustain drives, or protect the QB or gave up on the running game.

They protected Bledsoe, controlled the clock, and racked up some good ground yardage on one of the best run defenses in the league.

Unlike last year, were the whole offense game plan and execution just looked wrong, you can point to specific plays yesterday where the game broke down.

Bottom line is that the mistakes that cost the game were made by veteren players.  You'd expect veterens to be able to fix these mistakes, and once they do, this offensive scheme will work.

28773[/snapback]

I tend to agree with this type of thinking.