Satan to the Islanders

agilen

And anyway...

Peca can't seem to play a full season anymore, Zhitnik loses his mind at the most inopportune times, and Satan is basically good for a hat trick in an 8-2 win over Nashville and no points in a 2-1 loss to Ottawa.

I'm not shedding tears.

http://rds.ca/hockey/chroniques/184893.html

Sorry, its in French, I'll look for an English link when one comes out.

So whats with all of our best players going to the Islanders?  Peca, Zhitnik, Satan....I'm about ready to start rooting for them (j/k)

397581[/snapback]

Here it is from TSN: http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=132333

I just hope that Darcy spends a bit of money. Word is, he'd like to trade for Aaron Miller from LA...but that means giving up players, and I think he has already given up all that he can afford.

They don't like all the '99 Sabres - this one surprised me: The Islanders have acquired forward Michael York and a conditional draft choice from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for center Michael Peca. York was 16-26-42 in 64 games with Edmonton in 2003-04, 22-29-51 in 71 games with the Oilers in 2002-03.

As an hockey fan, I always liked Peca's play. As an Islanders fan I was happy to see him come to L.I. While he hasn't been the same since Darcy Tucker's cheap shot back in the 2002 playoffs, this move still surprised me. They've now let go of two of the on ice leaders in Aucoin and Peca and I'm not expecting Yashin and Satan to lead them to the promised land....

They don't like all the '99 Sabres - this one surprised me: The Islanders have acquired forward Michael York and a conditional draft choice from the Edmonton Oilers in exchange for center Michael Peca. York was 16-26-42 in 64 games with Edmonton in 2003-04, 22-29-51 in 71 games with the Oilers in 2002-03.

As an hockey fan, I always liked Peca's play. As an Islanders fan I was happy to see him come to L.I. While he hasn't been the same since Darcy Tucker's cheap shot back in the 2002 playoffs, this move still surprised me. They've now let go of  two of the on ice leaders in Aucoin and Peca and I'm not expecting Yashin and Satan to lead them to the promised land....

397671[/snapback]

Yeah, the Peca trade happened after I started this thread...guess its not like the '99 sabres anymore. I always liked Peca more than Satan, because when it comes down to it, I'd prefer to have a team full of playoff gamers than a team full of guys who can score when we don't really need them to.

Zhitnik is solid and will be solid in the playoffs too. And who knows, Satan may start earning his paycheck more for you, it could have been issues with Ruff all this time that caused him to only really play when he felt like it. All in all, I still wish those two had at least gone to the Western conference, if they weren't gonna stay in Buffalo.