Seymour got a new contract

ch19079

Sounds to me as if the Pats are worried that without Romeo anymore they need all the help they can get to try and figure how the new D will perform. If they do well, then they can send RS packing next year.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dunno.  I've learned not to question Belichick.

396419[/snapback]

Which explains your lack of insight on football-related issues.

I've been over this a million times.  The screen name is the result of an in-joke with one of your members who posts at my Pats board.  My avatar was a harmless Pats-related photo before a Bills fan on this board PMed me and requested a new Donahoe-themed avatar.

Blah, blah, blah. You're still a crap-disturber on an opposing team's web site, answering valid football questions with the mindless "I've learned not to question Belichick."

You're a troll, so I call you one. It's that simple.

Because I don't question the motives of a guy who's built a football dynasty? That explains my lack of insight?

I'm afraid I don't follow your logic.

Blah, blah, blah.  You're still a crap-disturber on an opposing team's web site, answering valid football questions with the mindless "I've learned not to question Belichick."

The point is that others have no problem with me, my screen name, or my avatar. Stop speaking for them.

And look back at the majority opinion on issues like the Milloy release. Maybe more people should learn not to question Belichick, lest they end up looking like jackasses.

You're a troll, so I call you one.  It's that simple.

It's simple, that I won't argue. I'm gussing complexity is quite beyond you.

Because I don't question the motives of a guy who's built a football dynasty? That explains my lack of insight.

I find the Pats situation right now to be very interesting. I wouldn't mind conversing with a Pats fan on how Belichick is going to handle the offense, with no OC, and still help a first-time DC whose lost half his starting LB group a couple of weeks before the training camp.

But all you contribute is 'Belichick knows everything.'

Look back at the majority opinion on issues like the Milloy release. Maybe more people should learn not to question Belichick, lest they end up looking like jackasses.

Yeah, and Donahoe hit the jackpot with McGahee. Does that mean that these guys don't make mistakes? And even though the Milloy release worked out for him, do you believe that's a smart way to do business? Would you expect him to release a team captain the week before the opener again?

Or again, is all you have is 'Belichick knows everything.'

It's simple, that I won't argue. I'm gussing complexity is quite beyond you.

You're the one who says "Maybe more people should learn not to question Belichick..." It doesn't get any less complex than that.

Keep sucking on your Belichick lollipop, troll.

How's the Pat's camp been going? Certainly good to have all the draftees signed.

It certainly is. I've been following camp via the Pats' offical website's daily video news show and updates from attendees, and it seems to be going smoothly. No major injuries, which is all you can really as for.

I understand the Bills haven't had any major injuries yet either, which is good.

The point is that others have no problem with me, my screen name, or my avatar.  Stop speaking for them.

396444[/snapback]

I hate you, your avatar and you stupid screen name. Go f*ck yourself HD. :D

Oh yeah, have a nice day. :D

How's the Pat's camp been going? Certainly good to have all the draftees signed.

396452[/snapback]

From a Pat Kirwin report and Belichick interview on the NFL channel yesterday:

They plan to give Brady much of the play-calling responsiblity this season. Bellichick believes that calls don't need to be made until 5 seconds before the ball is snapped. They haven't explained, to my knowledge, though, how game planning is going to work.

Belichik indicated that they won't have a set 3-4, or 4-3 defense, but would change the defense according to the opponent they're facing that week. Again, relying heavily on weekly game planning.

I find the Pats situation right now to be very interesting.  I wouldn't mind conversing with a Pats fan on how Belichick is going to handle the offense, with no OC, and still help a first-time DC whose lost half his starting LB group a couple of weeks before the training camp.

Feel free to engage me in those discussions, if you feel you can do so without being rude.

But all you contribute is 'Belichick knows everything.'

I don't recall saying that.

Yeah, and Donahoe hit the jackpot with McGahee.

:D

Does that mean that these guys don't make mistakes?

I don't know if drafting a player who hasn't yet posted numbers as good as the guy he forced out and building a team that's won three out of the past four Super Bowls are quite the same.

And even though the Milloy release worked out for him, do you believe that's a smart way to do business?

Releasing declining players with too-large cap figures? Certainly.

Would you expect him to release a team captain the week before the opener again?

If said player was declining and overpaid, yes.

I don't know if drafting a player who hasn't yet posted numbers as good as the guy he forced out and winning three out of the past four Super Bowls are quite the same.

I assume you're talking about Henry here. McGahee averaged 4 yards per carry last year, better than Henry's YPC. He scored 13 TDs, one less than Henry's career best of 14 TDs. But McGahee only started 11 games. And the Bills won 9 of 11 McGahee's starts, a streak the Bills never matched with Henry in the lineup.

So what's your point, aside from stoking your Belichick fetish.

Releasing declining players with too-large cap figures? Certainly.

Declining? Milloy just posted one of his best years in terms of sacks and ints in an injury-shortened season. He was a leader on a top 5 defense. If Belichick hadn't mishandled the cap, Milloy would certainly still be a Pat, as Bill hasn't shown an aversion to playing aging veterens.

There were several way to handle this better. Luckily, the team pulled together, and it only cost them a couple of embarassing losses. But it does show that Belichick isn't immune to bad judgement.

Blah, blah, blah.  You're still a crap-disturber on an opposing team's web site, answering valid football questions with the mindless "I've learned not to question Belichick."

You're a troll, so I call you one.  It's that simple.

396426[/snapback]

The guy is trying to talk football and all you've got for him is "you're a troll." I guess anybody that disagrees with you is a troll? He's not trying to start sh--, in fact, he's doing is best to avoid your crap.

Its a sad f'in day when I come to the defense of a Pats fan...

I assume you're talking about Henry here.  McGahee averaged 4 yards per carry last year, better than Henry's YPC.  He scored 13 TDs, one less than Henry's career best of 14 TDs.  But McGahee only started 11 games.  And the Bills won 9 of 11 McGahee's starts, a streak the Bills never matched with Henry in the lineup.

McGahee's year last year < Henry's '02-'03 stretch.

I think he'll be a solid pro, but acting like it's already a huge coup for the Bills when it forced out your Pro Bowl RB and cost you the opportunity to draft a player at a need position makes no sense to me.

Declining?  Milloy just posted one of his best years in terms of sacks and ints in an injury-shortened season.  He was a leader on a top 5 defense.

In the year before the Pats released him, Milloy made no impact plays for one of the league's worst defenses.

Declining.

If Belichick hadn't mishandled the cap...

Belichick must be the only coach/GM around who can "mishandle" his way into Super Bowl wins.

There were several way to handle this better.  Luckily, the team pulled together, and it only cost them a couple of embarassing losses.  But it does show that Belichick isn't immune to bad judgement.

Frankly, I'll take Belichick's "bad judgement" if it leads to consecutive championships

The guy is trying to talk football and all you've got for him is "you're a troll."  I guess anybody that disagrees with you is a troll?  He's not trying to start sh--, in fact, he's doing is best to avoid your crap.

Hey, thanks!

Apart from a few bad apples like this guy and MadBuffaloDisease, this board has been very accepting of me, despite being a Pats fan. I certainly never "troll" and am just looking for good football conversation. It's a great board full of really pasionate fans, so I like to hang around and chime in now and then.

The guy is trying to talk football and all you've got for him is "you're a troll."  I guess anybody that disagrees with you is a troll?  He's not trying to start sh--, in fact, he's doing is best to avoid your crap. 

Its a sad f'in day when I come to the defense of a Pats fan...

396494[/snapback]

Uh, yeah....that's exactly it. He doesn't agree with me. So he's a troll :D

My problem with him is that he doesn't discuss football beyond the point that we shouldn't question Belichick.

If that's going to be the answer to all the issues facing the Pats, why try discussing them on another team's message board? Why not just hang with the Belichick fan club?

There was a time that nobody questioned Chuck Knoll, or Joe Gibbs, Jimmy Johnson, or Bill Parcells. How are those guys doing now?

I believe there are legitimate questions facing the Pats, and the only response I get from this guy is that Belichick is infallible and McGahee was a questionable (formally bad) pick.

Sorry, to me, that's a troll.

My problem with him is that he doesn't discuss football beyond the point that we shouldn't question Belichick.

False. I simply said that I didn't expect Belichick to handle the situation this way, but that I'm not going to question someone with his track record.

If that's going to be the answer to all the issues facing the Pats

It's not, and it never has been. Problem solved.

I believe there are legitimate questions facing the Pats, and the only response I get from this guy is that Belichick is infallible...

Again, I never said that.

It's obvious that you're only interested in hyperbole. I'm hear for real football talk, so if you ever want to participate in that, I'll be here.

Hey, thanks!

Apart from a few bad apples like this guy and MadBuffaloDisease, this board has been very accepting of me, despite being a Pats fan.  I certainly never "troll" and am just looking for good football conversation.  It's a great board full of really pasionate fans, so I like to hang around and chime in now and then.

396501[/snapback]

Pats fans certainly earned the right to be confident, but I hope you will still be around, getting your share of I-told-u-so's, if the Pats go 8-8 this year.

People are writing off the Bills for having Losman as a starter, despite having top-shelf defense, ST, and RB. Your team lost both coordinators, never replaced your OC, lost 3 pro-bowl defensive starters, and almost lost a fourth, and you act like that's a recipe for another Super Bowl?!?!?

There's a big difference between being confident and being delusional!

PTR