Flyers cut (buyout) LeClair, Amonte

Ramius

hmmm, LeClair is someone i wouldnt mind seeing in buffalo...with all of the young players we have, having Johnny around would do nothing but help the franchise over the next few years, as we could use some solid vetrean leadership(and no i do not want that waste of a player, mike peca)...also, it doesnt hurt that hes still a decent scoring threat...

Git Er Done TD... :doh:

LeClair is beyond washed up. The Sabres bringing him in would be the equivalent to the Bills trying to bring in Andre Rison or Ricky Watters.

388913[/snapback]

That may be so but at least the Sabres will have options for a change rather than having to settle for their typical 'Pierre Le Nobody'. It should be exciting to see what transpires in the next few weeks/months. :doh:

hmmm, LeClair is someone i wouldnt mind seeing in buffalo...with all of the young players we have, having Johnny around would do nothing but help the franchise over the next few years, as we could use some solid vetrean leadership(and no i do not want that waste of a player, mike peca)...also, it doesnt hurt that hes still a decent scoring threat...

Git Er Done TD... :doh:

388911[/snapback]

I'm not a Sabres fan, but rather a Pittsburgh fan. You DO NOT want LeClair. He has zero left in the tank. Anyone paying LeClair at any price will be wasting cap space. He doesn't even remotely resemble anything of his former great playing self.

Amonte is a giant a-hole. The Flyers handed him a check for almost THREE MILLION dollars for doing nothing and he is now free to sign with any team (except Philly) for millions more and all he is doing is crying.

To paraphrase what Amonte said about the new CBA:

"I think it sucked. We gave up everything and got nothing. The 24% salary rollback is a disaster. I am very unhappy"

Only in the mid of a pro athlete does three million doallars equal nothing. Amonte should go see how much McD's pays per hour.