F.A.T.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Goodenow will send Jeremy Roenick to break my legs, but i realize that he's a p*ssy. If i suckerpunch him in his glass jaw, will i get a 2 minute roughing penalty, or 2 for roughing, 5 for fighting, and a 10 minute game misconduct? Now, if you'll excuse me, i have to go fishing.

I think Goodenow will send Jeremy Roenick to break my legs, but i realize that he's a p*ssy.  If i suckerpunch him in his glass jaw, will i get a 2 minute roughing penalty, or 2 for roughing, 5 for fighting, and a 10 minute game misconduct?  Now, if you'll excuse me, i have to go fishing.

387203[/snapback]

If I'm the ref, you'll be awarded a penalty shot.

Serious questions - and I need some answers from a men's perspective please.

My women's intuition tells me that my beau is an alcholic. He admits to at least three whiskys every evening. But sometimes sounds a little slurred on the phone around 9:30pm. On the weekends he smells of whisky when he comes over in the afternoon and will drink at least another 3. If we go out- he pours himself a "roadie" and drinks it in the car which I hate but if I say anything about it I'm "nagging". I've not seen him stumble or "sound" drunk, but after the 3rd or 4th drink he gets very emotional (I love you, you're the best, etc. etc.).

I've tried to talk about this situation because I'm concerned about what will happen as the relationship goes on. I really like this guy's personality and we get along really well - but this issue sets off little warning bells in my head. He firmly insists that I'm over reacting and he just "likes a few drinks". I like a few drinks too, but not every day! He's also on blood pressure and "stress" medication. Isn't that a vicious combination?

The few times he's stayed over, I've detected some shaking in the AM. In those cases, he has left to go and "run errands".

No one is perfect and when we go into relationships, there will always be a few negatives - especially as we become older, wiser, and more cautious. But am I over reacting?

My women's intuition tells me that my beau is an alcholic. He admits to at least three whiskys every evening. But sometimes sounds a little slurred on the phone around 9:30pm. On the weekends he smells of whisky when he comes over in the afternoon and will drink at least another 3.  If we go out- he pours himself a "roadie" and drinks it in the car which I hate but if I say anything about it I'm "nagging". I've not seen him stumble or "sound" drunk, but after the 3rd or 4th drink he gets very emotional (I love you, you're the best, etc. etc.).

I've tried to talk about this situation because I'm concerned about what will happen as the relationship goes on. I really like this guy's personality and we get along really well - but this issue sets off little warning bells in my head. He firmly insists that I'm over reacting and he just "likes a few drinks". I like a few drinks too, but not every day! He's also on blood pressure and "stress" medication. Isn't that a vicious combination?

The few times he's stayed over, I've detected some shaking in the AM. In those cases, he has left to go and "run errands".

No one is perfect and when we go into relationships, there will always be a few negatives - especially as we become older, wiser, and more cautious. But am I over reacting?

387213[/snapback]

Point of clarification: when he drinks in the car, are you driving or his he?

If he's driving...you're underreacting. Severely. If you're driving...you might want to keep in mind that in some states, ANYONE drinking in the car results in the driver being hauled in.

My women's intuition tells me that my beau is an alcholic. He admits to at least three whiskys every evening. But sometimes sounds a little slurred on the phone around 9:30pm. On the weekends he smells of whisky when he comes over in the afternoon and will drink at least another 3.  If we go out- he pours himself a "roadie" and drinks it in the car which I hate but if I say anything about it I'm "nagging". I've not seen him stumble or "sound" drunk, but after the 3rd or 4th drink he gets very emotional (I love you, you're the best, etc. etc.).

387213[/snapback]

No. And you already know that.