Bulletin: Bruschi sits out '05

Is your memory really that bad?

In 2003, the Patriots were so ravaged by injury that they started 42 different players over the course of the season, the most ever for a division winner.  Others, like Tom Brady, played through injury.

Is that your idea of getting "every single break?"

As for the topic, I'm glad Bruschi's sitting out.  He shouldn't risk further injury by rushing back.

386830[/snapback]

You won the Super Bowl! Yeah, I'd say that's getting every break! And what Tom Brady injury are we talking about, an ingrown toenail? Brady has never been injured seriously. If he ever were, though, you could flush your team down the toilet, because HE'S the reason you keep winning SB's, not Belichick.

PTR

Flame me if you want, but I have little sympathy for Bruschi.

Please keep in mind that this guy was one of the "bad guys". He was a huge headhunter and had no problem trying his hardest to put other players on a stretcher. His blatant attempt to end Todd Collins' career years ago still galls me.

I wish him well and hope he's OK. But from a football standpoint, what goes around comes around, Teddy-boy. Aint Karma a B word?

I also won't miss him and his ginormous head. Now if only we could force the hordes of obnoxious M a s s h o l e s wearing Bruschi jerseys from invading the Ralph by making them sit out the season as well.... ;)

You won the Super Bowl!  Yeah, I'd say that's getting every break!

The result does not affect the process. The Patriots won the Super Bowl in 2003 despite catching very few breaks.

And what Tom Brady injury are we talking about, an ingrown toenail?  Brady has never been injured seriously.

Did you even bother to click on the link in my last post? It's a picture of Brady after the game against Philadelphia in week 2 of 2003. His elbow is the size of a grapefruit. He suffered a bursa sac injury in that game that affected him for several weeks after.

The next week against the Jets, he re-aggravated a shoulder injury that he played through in the last 4 games of 2002. If my memory serves, he was on the injury report every week that season. He underwent shoulder surgery in the offseason.

If he ever were, though, you could flush your team down the toilet, because HE'S the reason you keep winning SB's, not Belichick.

Inclined to agree.

My first thoughts when I heard about his injury were "I wonder if he regrets taking way less money for a shot to win Super Bowls now that his career may be cut short." The way I look at it these guys have to get everything they can while they're still able because they never know when their careers will be done. Of course, I realize my view isn't the prevailing fan view.

Did you even bother to click on the link in my last post?  It's a picture of Brady after the game against Philadelphia in week 2 of 2003.  His elbow is the size of a grapefruit.  He suffered a bursa sac injury in that game that affected him for several weeks after.

387099[/snapback]

Pretty cool -

Too bad so sad for Tedy, good news for the Bills.

I just want one year when the Pats don't get every single break.

386516[/snapback]

I want to hear about lots of breaks (involving bones in Marsha Brady.....).

My first thoughts when I heard about his injury were "I wonder if he regrets taking way less money for a shot to win Super Bowls now that his career may be cut short."  The way I look at it these guys have to get everything they can while they're still able because they never know when their careers will be done.  Of course, I realize my view isn't the prevailing fan view.

387109[/snapback]

I doubt it - if anything, he probably is thankful he did so. Bruschi took less money in his contract perhaps, but more guaranteed money up front in terms of a higher bonus to salary ratio.

I agree that these guys have every right to get all they can. Football players make the least out of the four major sports due to the roster size and length of the season, yet theirs is the most watched and liked sport in the country by far.

Patriots announce Tedy Bruschi will not play in 2005.  He is improving but he feels he's not ready to play.  Not ruling out '06.

Comments?

PTR

386512[/snapback]

Hopefully he has a full return to health, strokes can be very damaging.

Flame me if you want, but I have little sympathy for Bruschi.

Please keep in mind that this guy was one of the "bad guys". He was a huge headhunter and had no problem trying his hardest to put other players on a stretcher. His blatant attempt to end Todd Collins' career years ago still galls me.

I wish him well and hope he's OK. But from a football standpoint, what goes around comes around, Teddy-boy. Aint Karma a B word?

387024[/snapback]

Oh-kay.