Crosby to Buffalo?

Ron MacLean has a "funny feeling" the Sabres will get Crosby.  Its not much, but I'll take it.

link

Looks like the lottery is this Thursday (July 21).  I haven't heard if it will be televised, but the NHL would be insane not to.

383744[/snapback]

His feeling in pretty lame (I hope I'm wrong). Comparing our chances in a random drawing among 30 teams to the Sabres getting Perreault with an expansion gimme is a non-starter.

I'm getting pretty sick of people saying the fix is in. The worst part is when people think that they're the first to think of it. I guarantee right now that this thing will not be fixed. That doesn't mean that Crosby won't end up in New York though. I think he's going there no matter which team wins the lottery.

Easy, just make some of the balls weigh less than others.

383848[/snapback]

I heard that when the lotto was held for the rights to Patrick Ewing

the league used cards drawn from a big hopper.

Apparently, they froze the card that had the Knicks on them.

Reach in...grab the cold card.....

Crosby becomes a Ranger!

I don't know...I am probably FOS!!

I have complete faith in Gary Bettman!

Now excuse me, but the men in the white coats are here to take me home. 

I'm not a big Bettman fan either, but from the perspective of a Sabres fan, he hasn't been that bad. He unequivocally stated that the team would stay in Buffalo after the Rigas bankruptcy and only sought bids from local buyers. Then he forces an economic system onto the NHL that makes it possible for Buffalo to compete at the same level as Detroit and New York.

When you really think about it, going forward, without Bettman, hockey in Buffalo may have ceased to exist. Look at what baseball did to the Expos.

I'm not a big Bettman fan either, but from the perspective of a Sabres fan, he hasn't been that bad.  He unequivocally stated that the team would stay in Buffalo after the Rigas bankruptcy and only sought bids from local buyers.  Then he forces an economic system onto the NHL that makes it possible for Buffalo to compete at the same level as Detroit and New York. 

When you really think about it, going forward, without Bettman, hockey in Buffalo may have ceased to exist.  Look at what baseball did to the Expos.

384192[/snapback]

It may be heresy to say this, but I'd rather have the '99 Stanley Cup.