"Compassionate Conservatives" Strike Again

huh?So I thought that the Roman Catholic religion was, like, the original Christian religion. Mayhap I missed one in there somewhere. Shoot all those years at Catholic school, what a waste.

Ah well, I guess it's good that they all turn on each other. Then they'll be too busy fighting the sectarian fight to worry about shoving their beliefs and supersticions down the throats of people who believe Christianity is more about doing the right thing by people than by worshipping statues of the Commandments and waving rosary beads.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

huh?So I thought that the Roman Catholic religion was, like, the original Christian religion. Mayhap I missed one in there somewhere.  Shoot all those years at Catholic school, what a waste.

Ah well, I guess it's good that they all turn on each other.  Then they'll be too busy fighting the sectarian fight to worry about shoving their beliefs and supersticions down the throats of people who believe Christianity is more about doing the right thing by people than by worshipping statues of the Commandments and waving rosary beads.

382738[/snapback]

Who pissed in your Wheaties today?

Basing your view on one yahoo in Mississippi. How liberal of you. :lol:

Who pissed in your Wheaties today?

Basing your view on one yahoo in Mississippi.  How liberal of you. :lol:

382749[/snapback]

We all know making offensive, smug, ignorant blanket statements is one of the favorite pastimes of those elightened progressives these days.

What did you expect?

huh?So I thought that the Roman Catholic religion was, like, the original Christian religion. Mayhap I missed one in there somewhere.  Shoot all those years at Catholic school, what a waste.

Ah well, I guess it's good that they all turn on each other.  Then they'll be too busy fighting the sectarian fight to worry about shoving their beliefs and supersticions down the throats of people who believe Christianity is more about doing the right thing by people than by worshipping statues of the Commandments and waving rosary beads.

382738[/snapback]

WTF? So your response to bigotry is that it is a good thing after all. :lol:

The feeling view isn't mutual. The Catholic Church (from what I remember when I used to go) is that everyone will go to heaven.

Except Nazis, terrorists, and dolphin fans :lol::lol: !

this is nothing new in the "adoption agency world".

my sister in law is a "bible-beliving christian" and as that relates to how you would raise a child she put in her application that she would spank a child for dicipline purposes.

Proverbs 13:24 He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes.

the agency she applied through rejected her and stated as matter of fact that was the reason.

"Our practice to not accept applications from Catholics was an effort to be good stewards of an adoptive applicant's time, money and emotional energy."

Sounds to me like in the long run the agency was being kind to the family by nipping it in the bud before it went any further. In the example i gave above, my wifes family paid an application fee, that was not refunded.

She added: "If it's OK to accept our money, it should be OK to open your home to us as a family."

ok,...so because she gave money "indirectly" to a non-profit organization, she should be able to make or change policy for that organization?

Of $244,000 generated by the sale of the tags in 2004, Bethany received $7,053, said Geraldine Gray, treasurer of Choose Life Mississippi, which distributes the money.

that isn't that much money....and it certainly isn't clear how much of that $7,053. came from Catholics.

"It is troubling to me if they are discriminating based on only the Catholics," Gray said.

I can say without any doubt in my mind that this organization does not "discriminate" (and i don't think that is the right word) against just Catholics.

You probably consider yourself a compassionate conservative because the last time you bought a new fridge you put the box out at the curb so that some homeless person could live in it.  :P

383181[/snapback]

Normally Darin would shoot a homeless person who tried living on his property. :rolleyes:

You probably consider yourself a compassionate conservative because the last time you bought a new fridge you put the box out at the curb so that some homeless person could live in it.   :rolleyes:

383181[/snapback]

Get the rubber out of YOUR ass yet? Just wondering. Not really important, just curious. Or was it out of the dog in the avatar? I lose track. What perverted crap was I doing? I forget.

Yeah, you were talking to me, sport. You reminded us of insulting with no cause in the middle of a conversation. Witty you are. Feel pretty? Oh so witty?