Big Tree Inn

I need to make sure I get this right - Big Tree Inn, that's where a bunch of y'all drink on/before/after gameday right?

Is that the same place as Danny's?? If not can someone break down for me where each is and who I'm likely to see there on a Saturday night??

I'm trying to get a hotel booked for the NE game and trying to decide whether to stay Downtown at the Hyatt (it worked out well last time but is a pain because you have to drive back and can't drink too much) or whether to book a room at the Holiday inn in Hamburg or Motel 29 near the stadium...

If some of y'all are going to be places on the Saturday I'd rather go closer to there to shoot the breeze Sat night and sample some more fine American Lager and Wings.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I need to make sure I get this right - Big Tree Inn, that's where a bunch of y'all drink on/before/after gameday right?

Is that the same place as Danny's??  If not can someone break down for me where each is and who I'm likely to see there on a Saturday night??

I'm trying to get a hotel booked for the NE game and trying to decide whether to stay Downtown at the Hyatt (it worked out well last time but is a pain because you have to drive back and can't drink too much) or whether to book a room at the Holiday inn in Hamburg or Motel 29 near the stadium...

If some of y'all are going to be places on the Saturday I'd rather go closer to there to shoot the breeze Sat night and sample some more fine American Lager and Wings.

379691[/snapback]

They're across the street from each other.

:wacko:

If I'm in Buffalo for a game, I'm usually in the Big Tree Inn all day Saturday priming the liver.

They're across the street from each other.

If I'm in Buffalo for a game, I'm usually in the Big Tree Inn all day Saturday priming the liver.

379696[/snapback]

OK sorted....

So they are in the vicinity of the stadium huh? So it would be better to get a hotel in Orchard Park or Hamburg for Saturday night?

379691[/snapback]

You are looking forward to drinking some American lagers when you have all those fine British pales and bitters to choose from over there? :wacko:

Trust me, American style "lagers" are the Hot Pockets of the beer world. Just say no! :P

OK sorted....

So they are in the vicinity of the stadium huh?  So it would be better to get a hotel in Orchard Park or Hamburg for Saturday night?

379701[/snapback]

I recommend the Hampton inn in East Aurora.

Brand new and clean, free continental breakfast.

And both bars are within walking distance of the stadium, but good luck getting into either after a game.

You are looking forward to drinking some American lagers when you have all those fine British pales and bitters to choose from over there? :wacko:

Trust me, American style "lagers" are the Hot Pockets of the beer world.  Just say no!  :P

379706[/snapback]

Hey I can drink the British stuff every day of the week (latest tipple is a cracking beer called Spitfire)...

I may as well get some cold American beer to swill down the Wings...

They are on opposite corners of Abbott Road and 20A. Danny's is bigger and more upscale with a restaurant. The Big Tree Inn is more of a little corner pub atmosphere and the wings are slightly better. You could easily do both, they are about a 150 yards away from each other. And no, I'm not converting it to meters.

I wouldn't recommend staying at the Hyatt downtown unless you have some downtown activities. Where you stay will depend on what other things you plan to do. PM me if you want.

When I go up for the opener, I'm staying at the Hampton Inn in East Aurora for the 1st two nights. It's a small property and the village of East Aurora is beautiful. Quaint shops, narrow streets, big trees etc.

Then Saturday night and Sunday night will be at the Holiday Inn Hamburg because it's closer to the stadium.

And both bars are within walking distance of the stadium, but good luck getting into either after a game.

379707[/snapback]

I think we are going to head to the airport after the game - not too sure... But normally we have headed for somewhere warm for a shower and food right after the game.

I just want to make sure I got some drinking buddies for the saturday... and that I can get back to the hotel OK without costing a fortune in cab fare!

Hey I can drink the British stuff every day of the week (latest tipple is a cracking beer called Spitfire)...

I may as well get some cold American beer to swill down the Wings...

379711[/snapback]

Make it a Canadian lager and get a Labbatt Blue with your wings. That's a half way decent beer.

They are on opposite corners of Abbott Road and 20A. Danny's is bigger and more upscale with a restaurant. The Big Tree Inn is more of a little corner pub atmosphere and the wings are slightly better. You could easily do both, they are about a 150 yards away from each other. And no, I'm not converting it to meters.

Actually, since we're talking directions, I would just clarify they're on the corner of Abbott Road and Big Tree Road. 20A and Abbott is two other bars on the corner, but can't remember their names, and the 7-Eleven.

I think we are going to head to the airport after the game - not too sure... But normally we have headed for somewhere warm for a shower and food right after the game.

I just want to make sure I got some drinking buddies for the saturday... and that I can get back to the hotel OK without costing a fortune in cab fare!

379715[/snapback]

Then don't stay in East Aurora. Get a hotel room at the airport.

Also, I like the Big Tree's food better than Dannys, but since they banned smoking in NY bars, the ambience is kind of gone. LOL

and that I can get back to the hotel OK without costing a fortune in cab fare!

Well, we'd be very sorry hosts if a fellow Bills fan coming from so far away would have to catch a cab. Perhaps some of you locals could help Nick out that weekend?

I just want to make sure I got some drinking buddies for the saturday...

379715[/snapback]

That, you will not have to worry about.

My brother-in-law (Patsy fan) and I will plan on stopping by for some beers that night.

Actually, since we're talking directions, I would just clarify they're on the corner of Abbott Road and Big Tree Road. 20A and Abbott is two other bars on the corner, but can't remember their names, and the 7-Eleven.

379739[/snapback]

Savanahs is across from 7/11...Miligans Pub is across from Mobil

Isn't 20A and Big Tree Road the same? I said 20A because that's what the little road signs say when you're driving toward the stadium. It's also the offramp from the 219 South. Or is my memory failing?

379707[/snapback]

what...no Tally Ho? :P:D:lol::wacko:

Isn't 20A and Big Tree Road the same?  I said 20A because that's what the little road signs say when you're driving toward the stadium.  It's also the offramp from the 219 South.  Or is my memory failing?

379836[/snapback]

They kind of run parallel to each other on either side of the stadium. Big Tree Road is closer to the Fieldhouse and the pinto, and 20A is closer to Sully's stadium wear, 7-Eleven, etc. Clear as mud? :wacko:

They kind of run parallel to each other on either side of the stadium.  Big Tree Road is closer to the Fieldhouse and the pinto, and 20A is closer to Sully's stadium wear, 7-Eleven, etc.  Clear as mud? :wacko:

379852[/snapback]

Actually, you've got 20 and 20A mixed up. 20A is Big Tree Rd. 20 is Southwestern.

The 7-eleven is on the corner of 20 (Southwestern) and Abbott. The Big Tree is on the corner of 20A (Big Tree rd.) and Abbott.