Bills fan experiences at away games

Just a slight correction, thats was Holiday going off for five sacks that game.List of my away games

Jets---3 times

Baltimore--2 times

Redskins

Raiders (in  LA )

Colts

Stillers 3 times including 92 playoffs

New England (old stadium)

Miami(orange bowl)

Cleveland(old stadium)

San Diego(RJs first game)

As you can tell, alot of the games pre-wife and kids.

I have never had one little problem. However, I am also one who does not wear a bunch of Bills gear, even in Rich. I also have never sat in a big group of Bills fans, so been on my own.  My experience is if you are a true football fan, do not whine about every call agaisn't the Bills, acknowledge good plays both ways, and don't start MFing the other team and its fans incessantly, you will be fine just about anywhere

377222[/snapback]

Thanks for the correction. I had a feeling i was wrong when I typed it. But I'm sure Drew didn't know who was hitting him either :lol:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certainly did!  :lol:  I wish I could've seen their faces.

.... and the astrodome sucked too.

377520[/snapback]

Man, I just cannot believe some of these stories with kids and gradmas in wheelchairs. Where are the 98% of people who just will not put up with that, where are the security folks,

Some of these just seem "inconceivable" to me

Man, I just cannot believe some of these stories with kids and gradmas in wheelchairs. Where are the 98% of people who just will not put up with that, where are the security folks,

377525[/snapback]

Some people don't want to report anything to security because they "don't want to cause trouble".

(Actual qoute from someone complaining to me about an incident at RWS a couple years ago)

Night Game + Beer + Oiler's Fans = Your 2%

You have got to be kidding me, man I do not care where I was, i am sure that would not go unpunished even by the home fans

377321[/snapback]

I'm not kidding.

Things have gotten slightly better in the stands now that the Krafts have started to pull season tickets for bad behavior (and almost every seat is season's now, with a long waiting list).

However, since each reaction has an equal and opposite reaction, that bad behavior has moved to the ramps, stairs, walkways, and parking lots.

If you go, watch your back.

(BTW - Bob Kraft has a very short memory. He's forgotten that without Ralph Wilson, Lamar Hunt, and their peers in the 70's, there wouldn't be a team in New England for him to own. Win a few Super Bowls and I guess you can start acting like a selfish brat. Go figure.)

You're just a big baby anyways. Actually, I don't even think you'd need to break anything up physically. Just stare at at them, and tell them to stop it before you get mad.

377652[/snapback]

:devil:

I can see it now - Rich doing his best Bruce Bixby impression...

"Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry."

Arrowhead, in '95, was actually filled to capacity in a PRE-SEASON game (maybe that's the same one LewPort went to).  75,000 people wearing red.  As my wife and I walked through the parking lot, a heavyset middle-aged woman in Chiefs garb saw my Bills shirt and flipped me the bird.  I wanted to lie on the ground holding my head and say "Hey, who am I?  I'm Joe Montana.  Get it?"  :devil:

377267[/snapback]

Yes THAT was the game (1995) I attended....Myself and EDinKC and better halves...So now I know 5 of the 12 wearing Bills attire !!!

Detroit fans super cool - their team is so used to losing that they don't get upset when Lions play crappy. Away gGame in Tampa was terrible. Cowart was having a field day in the first half back when Tampa was good. Then he ripped his achilles and it was the that was it Bills D was swiss cheese. Bills got smoked in the second half and fans were big time a-wipes.

As a Long Island Bills fan I've been going to see the Bills at Giant Stadium for 15 years. Giant fans are more civilized - you'll hear a lot of Norwood and wide right cracks but they are not as lobotomized as Jet fans. The Jet games were a lot more fun during the Kelly era. At least a third of the crowd were Bills fans - an even higher percentage during the Rich Kotite years. These days I'll take one of my daughters to the game with me and they understand why they can't wear their Bills jerseys to NJ.

I saw the Bills play at the Vet years ago (24-17 Bills win) from one of the boxes so I can't really judge them but my friend from PA who got the seats said that you don't want to be in the upper level with the Eagle fans.

I also saw the Bills up in Foxboro in 94 & 95. In 94 it was the Pats home opener and the Bills came back late to win (38-35 I think). Great game and the fans were relatively good.

The next year I went to the Monday Night game - the first game Marv missed after being diagnosed with cancer. What a nightmare. Thurman goes down in the first half and the Bills stink it up and we're surrounded by Ma**holes who have been drinking heavily. I knew it would be bad when we went out to dinner by the marketplace in Boston before we headed to Foxboro and we saw a couple of Pats fans in their jerseys stomping some guy outside a bar. Back then I would never leave a game before the end even if the Bills were losing. We didn't get out of the parking lot till after 1:30 am after getting a lot of crap from every wise guy who saw the NY plates on our car. I swore off Monday Night road games after that night.

In general, road game experiences are generally better the closer you are to the field.

I've been to many Bills/Jets games, a Bills/Falcons game and a Bills/Patriots game and have never had any problems whatsoever at any of the stadiums. I'm convinced that the people who do have problems at away games are either poor winners, poor losers or that they just got unlucky and sat next to some drunk idiot.

The biggest problem I've ever had at a game was a RWS...opening day a few years back when the Bills crushed the Pats some drunk idiot that could barely stand up started saying random rude stuff to the people in the section...for no reason whatsoever. His friends tried to keep him in check, but the more they asked him to STFU the more belligerent he became. In fact, I've been to 5 games at Rich Stadium/RWS and I've never seen so much fighting, drunken or rude behavior at any of the away venues. I have a 1 year old boy and, sadly enough, once he's old enough to go to some games I'll feel safer taking him to an away Jets/Bills game than I would taking him to Buffalo.

I've been to many Bills/Jets games, a Bills/Falcons game and a Bills/Patriots game and have never had any problems whatsoever at any of the stadiums.  I'm convinced that the people who do have problems at away games are either poor winners, poor losers or that they just got unlucky and sat next to some drunk idiot.

The biggest problem I've ever had at a game was a RWS...opening day a few years back when the Bills crushed the Pats some drunk idiot that could barely stand up started saying random rude stuff to the people in the section...for no reason whatsoever.  His friends tried to keep him in check, but the more they asked him to STFU the more belligerent he became.  In fact, I've been to 5 games at Rich Stadium/RWS and I've never seen so much fighting, drunken or rude behavior at any of the away venues.  I have a 1 year old boy and, sadly enough, once he's old enough to go to some games I'll feel safer taking him to an away Jets/Bills game than I would taking him to Buffalo.

378156[/snapback]

The only away game I have been to is when the Bills played the Chargers a few years ago. The fans in San Diego are really nice. A few comments here and there, but other thant that, they are really cool.

I have seen fights at RWS, but never in my section (Jim K. Club, section 215). It really is the luck of the draw. You can go to any game, anywhere in the USA and have a good time or a bad time depending on who is sitting near you. This year I will attend then Charger and Saints games. I will be attending both of the with a lot of Bills fans, so everything should be pretty cool.