Tim Brown

I always liked Tim Brown. The quiet Raider. He was definitely a good Special Teamer. I will always remember one game when Tasker tackled him on a return and there they sat on the field looking at each other....they shook hands then helped each other up. Two of the All-Time greats collided and still had the class to show respect to one another in a sport that was getting overrun with trash talking and silly dances after every routine play.

So long Tim.

I always liked Tim Brown. The quiet Raider. He was definitely a good Special Teamer. I will always remember one game when Tasker tackled him on a return and there they sat on the field looking at each other....they shook hands then helped each other up. Two of the All-Time greats collided and still had the class to show respect to one another in a sport that was getting overrun with trash talking and silly dances after every routine play.

So long Tim.

376678[/snapback]

That was that freezing cold play of game at the Ralph. The epitome of sports professionalism.

I wish he just had of retired a Raider he only had 24 catches last season for 200 yards with the Bucs now people are going to have that memory of him with the Bucs and not being very good.

376811[/snapback]

Only the brain dead people w/ a very small capacity for remembering things.

It does suck that Brown didn't play his entire career for Oakland, but I think most people will remember him for his greatness while there, just like most people will remember Jerry Rice for his record breaking seasons in San Fransisco.

It does suck that Brown didn't play his entire career for Oakland, but I think most people will remember him for his greatness while there, just like most people will remember Jerry Rice for his record breaking seasons in San Fransisco.

376821[/snapback]

His life outside of football is also remarkable.

376821[/snapback]

I agree. People remember Michael Jordan's greatness with the Bulls, not his last futile season with the Wizzards.

376821[/snapback]

I know what you're saying. I think about it with Joe Namath. He's an example a friend uses. Where he played that one season with the Rams. I did not mean to say that that was the only memory people will have just that I am sure that the memory of him playing with the Bucs will dig at life-long Raiders fans like my father. That one memory though, will by no means overshadow overshadow the memories of him playing with the raiders.

I wish he just had of retired a Raider he only had 24 catches last season for 200 yards with the Bucs now people are going to have that memory of him with the Bucs and not being very good.

376811[/snapback]

Well, I guess I won't be one of these people, because I didn't even know he was with the Bucs last year!! When I heard he was signing a one day contract with the Raiders, I thought "Why would he have to do that. Didn't he play for them last year?"

That was that freezing cold play of game at the Ralph.  The epitome of sports professionalism.

376744[/snapback]

I was at that game, but don't remember the play. Must have been in the third quarter when I was in the infirmary regaining the feeling in my toes. I remember Tasker grabbing a real low kickoff and returning it.

376811[/snapback]

Yeah, like people remember O.J. Simpson of the 49ers, Joe Montana of the Chiefs, of Better yet (it still makes me taste puke in the back of my throat) Thurman Thomas of the Dolphins. I think people will forget the short stint. Didn't Joe Ferguson do a short stint with Indy?

One more Michael Jordan of the Wizards. That guy sucked!

I agree. People remember Michael Jordan's greatness with the Bulls, not his last futile season with the Wizzards.

376830[/snapback]

That is why I was so happy when Jim Kelly turned down (eventually) the offer

to play for the Baltimore Ravens....though he might have had a shot at

the Superbowl instead of Trent Dilfer.

Yeah, like people remember O.J. Simpson of the 49ers,  Joe Montana of the Chiefs, of Better yet (it still makes me taste puke in the back of my throat) Thurman Thomas of the Dolphins.  I think people will forget the short stint.  Didn't  Joe Ferguson do a short stint with Indy?

One more Michael Jordan of the Wizards.  That guy sucked!

377099[/snapback]

Yes, I belive Fergy did play a bit with the Colts. IIRC, Montana was decent with the Cheifs, with Marcus Allen still being an effective runner.

I was at that game, but don't remember the play.  Must have been in the third quarter when I was in the infirmary regaining the feeling in my toes.  I remember Tasker grabbing a real low kickoff and returning it.

377097[/snapback]

It was a punt return and Brown tried to step away from the oncoming Tasker. Usually that first step of his eluded most gunners, but Tasker reached out and swiped Brown's legs out from under him, leaving him sitting on the turf looking at Tasker. Immediately, Brown pointed at Tasker as if to say "Hell of a play." And it was; it was one of my three favorite Tasker stops of all time. The other two were:

1. Against Atlanta, Deion fielded a kick and started running upfield. As he and Tasker converged, a blocker knocked Steve down and Deion high-kicked and tried to jump over both of them. Suddenly a hand reached up, grabbed Deion's ankle, and yanked him down to the ground. Tasker.

2. Against the Rams in the '91 season opener, Vernon Turner fielded the opening kickoff and BAM! Tasker came out of nowhere and knocked him into November. Turner flew a good ten yards backwards.

I know this is a Tim Brown thread but I don't mind turning it into a Bills thread. :devil:

So long Tim.

376678[/snapback]

Time always appeared to be an anti-Raider to me. The California raisins always try to act like rebels and he acted like a rebel as well playing with class. A friend told me of a story about some kids in another team jerseys trying to get autographs after a game. Most of the players walked away, some with NYC salutes, and he took the time to sign for all of these kids.

Which of the following four WRs are going to make the HoF

1. Andre Reed -- He is eligible now

2. Chris Carter -- 3 years from now

3. Tim Brown -- 5 years from now

4. Jerry Rice -- Five years from now (if he retires this year from the

broncos)