Mike Pucillo

Rico

You've already proven over and over that you know dick about the draft, so pipe down.

376159[/snapback]

And you do? I know enough not to draft a 5 ' 8" receiver.

And you do?  I know enough not to draft a 5 ' 8" receiver.

And you wanted...what? A taller WR (Parrish is a shade under 5'10", BTW)? Another position that could have had a greater impact than a 3rd WR (which BTW, the Bills have been lacking for years)? Kicker was gone. So too was an OT (not that I liked the idea of a 2nd round rookie LT in a weak draft protecting JP's blindside, moreso than a veteran who's started a good number of games at the position). Was there a DT worth drafting, who would have been better than Edwards of Anderson? The Bills got their TE in the 3rd round, but unfortunately he blew out his knee.

Many more years than Donahoe has been in Buffalo. Bills RBs have collectively averaged more than 4.0 ypc exactly twice since Will Wolford moved on after the 1992 season, in 1997 and 2002. Sack stats haven't been appreciably different, either - with the exception of 1999, when Flutie ran for his life and Bills opponents only registered 27 takedowns, last year's total of 38 was the fewest sacks given up since 1995.

376103[/snapback]

This is such a great post, I can barely think of anything to say except Thank You!!!

I find it interesting that many here think that McNally, as great as he truly is, will just fix everything and make this an outstanding OL. I want to take a brief look at 04, and try to understand exactly WHY the sacks went down. The following is my take:

1) Villarial

The man plays such a physical game that imo, he wears down opposing linemen. CV is the first good RG the Bills have lined up in at least a decade. Hulsey and Ostroski were but 2 of the stiffs that played RG. I rest my "RG case." :devil:

2) McNally

His track record is there. He won me over at the Arizona game where the players seemed to know what they were doing, and even Mike Williams was dominant.

3) Jonas Jennings

He was in a contract year, and seemed more focused and less injured than usual.

4) Willis MaGahee

Sorry, but the memories of Travis standing there oblivious to pass rushers are vivid. I truly believe that many of the sacks charged to Big Mike were closer to being the fault of Travis. It CAN'T be an accident that sacks were cut in less than half when Willis stepped in; this isn't possible.

In summary, TD has put forth more effort than Mr. Butler wrt the OL. I think that Mr. B was splendid in many other areas, but not this one. He gave HUGE contracts to Fina and Ostroski, two useless players, and this cost TD more than 10 million in dead cap space.

That said, TD is going to have to do a better job of bringing young, talented blockers to Buffalo. Perhaps the rookie OC and OG are a start in this direction, at least I hope so. Either way, where in the NFL rule book does it state that the Buffalo Bills are NOT allowed to have a stud Left tackle? :devil:

This is such a great post, I can barely think of anything to say except Thank You!!!

I find it interesting that many here think that McNally, as great as he truly is, will just fix everything and make this an outstanding OL. I want to take a brief look at 04, and try to understand exactly WHY the sacks went down. The following is my take:

1) Villarial

The man plays such a physical game that imo, he wears down opposing linemen. CV is the first good RG the Bills have lined up in at least a decade. Hulsey and Ostroski were but 2 of the stiffs that played RG. I rest my "RG case."  :devil:

2) McNally

His track record is there. He won me over at the Arizona game where the players seemed to know what they were doing, and even Mike Williams was dominant.

3) Jonas Jennings

He was in a contract year, and seemed more focused and less injured than usual.

4) Willis MaGahee

Sorry, but the memories of Travis standing there oblivious to pass rushers are vivid. I truly believe that many of the sacks charged to Big Mike were closer to being the fault of Travis. It CAN'T be an accident that sacks were cut in less than half when Willis stepped in; this isn't possible.

In summary, TD has put forth more effort than Mr. Butler wrt the OL. I think that Mr. B was splendid in many other areas, but not this one. He gave HUGE contracts to Fina and Ostroski, two useless players, and this cost TD more than 10 million in dead cap space.

That said, TD is going to have to do a better job of bringing young, talented blockers to Buffalo. Perhaps the rookie OC and OG are a start in this direction, at least I hope so. Either way, where in the NFL rule book does it state that the Buffalo Bills are NOT allowed to have a stud Left tackle?  :devil:

376237[/snapback]

couldn't agree more, with both this and lori's post. and to clarify my own position, i'm not expecting the bills' OL to be "outstanding" this year, but i certainly think it's a stretch to call it "poor" as so many predict.