FAT Returns

Actually I was joking.  I actually went and cooked dinner.  London broil, homemade gravy, mixed veggies (corn, broc, carrots, and baby corn), and red beasn and rice.  Then I took my daughter and her friend to Brusters for 1/2 priced banana splits.   

Much better than a movie.  Oh and I cooked all of that in less than 45 minutes. 

How does it take so long to cook noodles?  Do noodles in Indiana absorb water that much slower than the rest of the world?    :doh:

372399[/snapback]

Gravy with London Broil? :(

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's the way I like it, my wife likes it, and my daughter likes it.  You have a problem with that?

372406[/snapback]

Not really, I just never heard of anyone doing that. I usually use a sauce made from butter, olive oil, fresh lemon juice and minced fresh parsley - mostly just to accentuate. I score the meat, then rub in a dijon mustard - minced garlic marinade, wrap it and let it sit for 24 hours or so in the fridge. After I grill it, the flavors blend quite well. I could send you the recipe to try if you like. I just don't do gravies with grilled meats, to me they overpower the meat.

Not really, I just never heard of anyone doing that. I usually use a sauce made from butter, olive oil, fresh lemon juice and minced fresh parsley - mostly just to accentuate. I score the meat, then rub in a dijon mustard - minced garlic marinade, wrap it and let it sit for 24 hours or so in the fridge. After I grill it, the flavors blend quite well. I could send you the recipe to try if you like. I just don't do gravies with grilled meats, to me they overpower the meat.

372414[/snapback]

I marinaded it for 2 days. Basically some garlic, olive oil, oregano, basil, and a little lemon juice. But we like gravy on ours. And I agree I don't put gravy on any beef except london broil.

Not really, I just never heard of anyone doing that. I usually use a sauce made from butter, olive oil, fresh pickle juice and minced fresh parsley - mostly just to accentuate. I score the meat, then rub in a dijon mustard - minced garlic marinade, wrap it and let it sit for 24 hours or so in the fridge. After I grill it, the flavors blend quite well. I could send you the recipe to try if you like. I just don't do gravies with grilled meats, to me they overpower the meat.

372414[/snapback]

BiB, I know that recipe, so I was able to correct your one glaring typo....

Oh I know, but dammit if I am going to get !@#$ed with I want to at least do something to deserve it.  :(

I've been so busy I have not had time to mess with pickle boy or the goat herder.

372340[/snapback]

goat herder...pretty clever...btw I think you may have broken a record for saying !@#$ the most in one day...man you are easy to rattle...not like the rest of your lemon party gang

goat herder...pretty clever...btw I think you may have broken a record for saying !@#$ the most in one day...man you are easy to rattle...not like the rest of your lemon party gang

372419[/snapback]

See I thought they were the pickle juice clan. :(

372419[/snapback]

Well you HAVE been following him around like something stuck to his shoe.

Actually I was joking.  I actually went and cooked dinner.  London broil, homemade gravy, mixed veggies (corn, broc, carrots, and baby corn), and red beasn and rice.  Then I took my daughter and her friend to Brusters for 1/2 priced banana splits.   

Much better than a movie.  Oh and I cooked all of that in less than 45 minutes. 

How does it take so long to cook noodles?  Do noodles in Indiana absorb water that much slower than the rest of the world?    :(

* "Are we to believe that boiling water soaks into a noodles slower in Indiana kitchens than in any other place on the face of the earth?  Or perhaps the laws of physics cease to exist on Indiana stoves!  Were they magic noodles?"

372399[/snapback]

:doh:

I haven't cooked London Broil in ages. I may just have to do that this weekend. Thanks for the idea!

372414[/snapback]

If it's not a problem, can you send me that recipe?

If it's not a problem, can you send me that recipe?

372435[/snapback]

I'll try to get around to posting it on the recipe board sometime over the weekend. It's a very simple recipe, overall. Outside of the marinading overnigh, only takes about 30 minutes to prep and do. Grilled vegetables and a rice pilaf make for a nice - fairly light, but satisfying summer meal. If you can multi-task, you can get the whole thing done in 45 minutes or so.

That excuse needs more cowbell...   :(

:D

372438[/snapback]

Don't fight with the retards, you'll both look stupid and only he likes it. :D

Good night tatertot. Go drink some pickle juice maybe it will help you with your constipation. :doh: