What's that smell coming out of Jag camp?

Arthroscopic vs full reconstruct? Peh, you media guys...ya think you are doctors now huh?

(by the way, they may not have lied....I have had two reconstructs and each one included an arthroscope as well.....of course that's like saying you had your teeth cleaned while also getting a root canal)

I repeat my contention, there is no way that Taylor will be ready for training camp in one month if he had a full recontruct in December - especially at his age.

From FFmastermind.com:

Jags Refuse Comment on Taylor's Knee --

Thu Jun 30, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

#

The Florida Times-Union reports Jaguars spokesman Dan Edwards said the team will have no comment on the condition of RB Fred Taylor's knee, but expects him to be ready to start the regular season. HC Jack Del Rio was unavailable for comment on Taylor's contention in a radio interview last week that surgeons performed what he called a "full cut'' on two torn knee ligaments, even though the club announced in January that he underwent arthroscopic knee surgery.

Arthroscopic vs full reconstruct? Peh, you media guys...ya think you are doctors now huh?

(by the way, they may not have lied....I have had two reconstructs and each one included an arthroscope as well.....of course that's like saying you had your teeth cleaned while also getting a root canal)

I repeat my contention, there is no way that Taylor will be ready for training camp in one month if he had a full recontruct in December - especially at his age.

From FFmastermind.com:

Jags Refuse Comment on Taylor's Knee --

Thu Jun 30, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

#

The Florida Times-Union reports Jaguars spokesman Dan Edwards said the team will have no comment on the condition of RB Fred Taylor's knee, but expects him to be ready to start the regular season. HC Jack Del Rio was unavailable for comment on Taylor's contention in a radio interview last week that surgeons performed what he called a "full cut'' on two torn knee ligaments, even though the club announced in January that he underwent arthroscopic knee surgery.

371672[/snapback]

dohn't take it personally... the media is experts on everything. Well, everything except for psychiatry, as per Rev. Tom Cruise, M.D., Ph.D., Ed.D.

He might be ready for the season opener...but he won't be close to 100%.  Good luck with the season, Jags!

371754[/snapback]

Thta is my point - not close and we are talking about a player who has been injury prone his ENTIRE career. I am unsure of this but I THINK this is the most serious injury he has suffered (two torn knee ligaments). To expect him to come back from such an injury (December, surgery in January) in 9 months is beyond optimistic even if his name were McGahee - a YOUNG, never-before-injured RB. Taylor is none of these things. A more reasonable timeframe is November for about 50%-75% playing speed and 80%-90% strength.

The Jag are stupid to not have acquired another RB by now IMO.

With Henry out there, who can be had for a 3rd rounder, I just don't get it.

He might be ready for the season opener...but he won't be close to 100%.  Good luck with the season, Jags!

371754[/snapback]

i agree with that........

but they also drafted greg jones in the 2nd round last year and alvin pearman in the 4th this year......not to mention they have toefield as a backup as well.........henry trade could happen, but i really don't think the jags will with their current depth at the position......even if taylor isn't healthy right out of the gate, it's a long season and having him healthy down the stretch is much more important.......on top of that, they made a large financial committment to taylor just last year and i doubt they are ready to give up on that and eat the remaining signing bonus.........i don't think the jags have any reason to panic.......

but they also drafted greg jones in the 2nd round last year and alvin pearman in the 4th this year......not to mention they have toefield as a backup as well.........henry trade could happen, but i really don't think the jags will with their current depth at the position......even if taylor isn't healthy right out of the gate, it's a long season and having him healthy down the stretch is much more important.......on top of that, they made a large financial committment to taylor just last year and i doubt they are ready to give up on that and eat the remaining signing bonus.........i don't think the jags have any reason to panic.......

371770[/snapback]

Greg Jones is awfully big to be a fulltime RB - he's listed at 250. Seems to me to be more of a FB. How many carries can you expect in the Florida heat from a guy this heavy? 15? 20? (I get tired just thinking about it).

This whole Henry issue is interesting since we do not whether the draft pick cost or the contract cost is the bigger issue. If it's Henry holding up the trade, it seems to me that at some point he will bend since his options are

1.) sit out and make no money

2.) come back to Buffalo and sit for 1.25 mil

3.) go to another team for 1.25 or a little more perhaps.

A huge contract is not in his 2005 future. Why would any team give up a pick AND sign him to a rich, long term deal? Only in desperation. Travis' best move would be to come to Bills camp and work hard and say the right things. Meanwhile, when a trade is discussed, he should either insist on playing out his contract or work for the best deal possible without risking the trade.

-RnJ

371770[/snapback]

Expectations in Jax are pretty high. I don't think running Jones and/or Pearman is what they envision as a tandem worthy of such expectations. They need someone proven. Whether that's TH or someone else is left to be seen. I believe, ultimately, this is where TH ends up.

Having said this, I'm not one who holds Jville in such high regard with or without FT or TH.

Expectations in Jax are pretty high. I don't think running Jones and/or Pearman is what they envision as a tandem worthy of such expectations. They need someone proven. Whether that's TH or someone else is left to be seen. I believe, ultimately, this is where TH ends up.

Having said this, I'm not one who holds Jville in such high regard with or without FT or TH.

Jones is at best a FB. Toefield isn't a starting-caliber RB. And Pearman is a 4th round rookie who COULD be a gem, but expecting him to be one is about as smart as hoping Taylor is at 100% to start the season. Without Taylor or another strong RB, the Jags aren't going very far. I still think that they (and the Titans) expect the Bills to release Travis at some point, and I think that when training camp rolls around and their running game looks pretty week, they'll come calling with a good (read: 3rd rounder) offer.

Jones is at best a FB.  Toefield isn't a starting-caliber RB.  And Pearman is a 4th round rookie who COULD be a gem, but expecting him to be one is about as smart as hoping Taylor is at 100% to start the season.  Without Taylor or another strong RB, the Jags aren't going very far.  I still think that they (and the Titans) expect the Bills to release Travis at some point, and I think that when training camp rolls around and their running game looks pretty week, they'll come calling with a good (read: 3rd rounder) offer.

371906[/snapback]

I see no reason for the Bills to release Travis - his cap hit is only 1.25 mil. if he holds out, the money comes back to the Bills eventually and he gets fined PLUS his contract rolls over. I just don't see him throwing away the money. I honestly don't. This is not your rich sports athlete. He is poor due to well known money mismanagement. Thus, $1.25 mil is a lot of money ( not just to us :doh: !) Travis will eventually come into camp where the other players will pound him to make him realize he is only hurting himself by holding out OR some other team will pay the Bills price.

I see no reason for the Bills to release Travis - his cap hit is only 1.25 mil. if he holds out, the money comes back to the Bills eventually and he gets fined PLUS his contract rolls over. I just don't see him throwing away the money. I honestly don't. This is not your rich sports athlete. He is poor due to well known money mismanagement. Thus, $1.25 mil is a lot of money ( not just to us :doh:  !) Travis will eventually come into camp where the other players will pound him to make him realize he is only hurting himself by holding out OR some other team will pay the Bills price.

371977[/snapback]

The reason to trade him is that whatever rose coloured specs we all might wear, Travis is not going to produce diddly-squat this year if he's in a Bills Uniform.

It's a basic equation... You pay him just over a mil this year for no return. You don't pay him and let him go for no return. You trade him and get some return (3rd or 4th round pick).

Travis can do more harm than good in Buffalo in his current state of mind and we should get shot of him.

The reason to trade him is that whatever rose coloured specs we all might wear, Travis is not going to produce diddly-squat this year if he's in a Bills Uniform.

It's a basic equation... You pay him just over a mil this year for no return. You don't pay him and let him go for no return. You trade him and get some return (3rd or 4th round pick).

Travis can do more harm than good in Buffalo in his current state of mind and we should get shot of him.

371985[/snapback]

Ahhhh Nick this is why neither of us is a GM.

I don't disagree with your prediction (aka A Trade) but I do disagree with WHO is in the driver's seat. Let me ask you this: Were you one of the people advocating trading Travis for LJ Shelton? if so, then you would have traded a yet unknown value (to us) for a player that Arizona eventually released (thus of no value) PLUS if we had traded for LJ we would have paid him $3 mil per year for 3 years.

Now if you were not advocating that trade, then you got that one right and then you and I only differ in that I DO NOT see Travis holding out forever but - if no trade ensues - he will come in for his paycheck.

I am not seeing TH with rose-colored glasses. I see TH as a very capable and cheap backup at a critical position. You see him as a guaranteed zero so any trade will do.

We'll eventually see what happens. IMO, I am glad you are not GM

Of course, your prediction may come true. I hope not

Ahhhh Nick this is why neither of us is a GM.

I don't disagree with your prediction (aka A Trade) but I do disagree with WHO is  in the driver's seat. Let me ask you this: Were you one of the people advocating trading Travis for LJ Shelton? if so, then you would have traded a yet unknown value (to us) for a player that Arizona eventually released (thus of no value) PLUS if we had traded for LJ we would have paid him $3 mil per year for 3 years.

Now if you were not advocating that trade, then you got that one right and then you and I only differ in that I DO NOT see Travis holding out forever but  - if no trade ensues - he will come in for his paycheck.

I am not seeing TH with rose-colored glasses. I see TH as a very capable and cheap backup at a critical position. You see him as a guaranteed zero so any trade will do.

We'll eventually see what happens. IMO, I am glad you are not GM

Of course, your prediction may come true. I hope not

371996[/snapback]

haha ok so we can at least agree to disagree... for the record I wasn't a supporter of the LJ for Travis proposal...

You are right about Travis being a potential capable cheap backup - but his presence in the locker room has the potential to divide the locker room, if not 50/50 then there will at least be pockets of the team that want Travis to start or get more time I think.

I was always a Travis fan - but he's not playing this situation right in my eyes. If it is him that is delaying trade talk by asking for too much he's an ass. He needs to take whatever gig is going to get him playing time so he can argue up his contract when it comes time. Regardless of personnel in town now - I don't think he'll give anything near 100% for the Bills anymore regardless of whether it would benefit to do so or not. He's had 2 years of feeling snubbed, his confidence is down, he coming off injury and he has attitude/personality problems that I don't think should be part of the Bills organisation...

But you are right - I'm very glad neither of us are the GM. We'd screw it up all to hell.