Darrick Holmes #44

I remember him being a great complement to Thurman Thomas...He was a 7th round draft choice if memory serves me correct and was an inspirational story for making the team and doing well...however, I'll always remember the fumble on the 1 yard line against San Fran, and it getting returned 99yards sealing the game

I remember him being a great complement to Thurman Thomas...He was a 7th round draft choice if memory serves me correct and was an inspirational story for making the team and doing well...however, I'll always remember the fumble on the 1 yard line against San Fran, and it getting returned 99yards sealing the game

370407[/snapback]

He was from Pasadena and his brother was convicted of murder. I think that derailed him after that. Not sure if that was the complete reason though.

What ever happend to him? I really thought he was going to be a star. I watched the 95 Bills highlight video on NFL network and remember what a stud he was...

370402[/snapback]

He works drive through for Outback in Mississippi for Minimum wage, he likes big tippers.

370407[/snapback]

I was at that game. So awful. I was stunned when that happened. Thought we had a TD and Plummer went the whole way.

I used to live up the street from John Muir High School. That article makes it seem like such mean streets. It really was a great place to live. The high school marching band on Friday nights was always great to listen too !

I have fond memories of Alta Dena which is where John Muir is located. Just a few minutes from the Rose Bowl. Which I always could hear the bands from the Rose Bowl games as well.

Ahh ! Sweet memories !

I saw in in '99 when he played with the Colts and then in 2003 and 2004 after Bills games in the players parking lot after the games quite a few times. He has an entertainment type business. Somewhere I have his business card.

If I remember correctly, he made some wild, highlight-reel plays for the Bills, often breaking numerous tackles and finding his way into the endzone. Only problem was, he often was running the wrong way. That's why they made no effort to keep him. Also, didn't he at one point declare that he was better than O.J. Simpson, or something to that effect? Perhaps someone can refresh my memory here - there was more to his story.

If I remember correctly, he made some wild, highlight-reel plays for the Bills, often breaking numerous tackles and finding his way into the endzone.  Only problem was, he often was running the wrong way.  That's why they made no effort to keep him.  Also, didn't he at one point declare that he was better than O.J. Simpson, or something to that effect?  Perhaps someone can refresh my memory here - there was more to his story.

370521[/snapback]

I have a tape against the Dolphins I think from 1996 where Darrick Holmes made a number ofk plays where he had 5 or 6 defenders around him or on him and he still dragged them for positive yards. He had flashes, and I was sad to see him go, but he was nothing special...