OT- Homewood Suites in Amherst

Zona

My wife just booked us into the homewood suites Amherst for 9 days. Is it a nice place? What is Amherst like?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Zona

Not sure about the one in Amherst, but the one I stayed at in Syracuse was nice. Small kitchen area, seating/living area, decent size bathroom, and seperate bedroom. Plus it had a fireplace in a corner of the living/seating area. Price was just over $100, I think $115 which was surprising for it being Valentines Weekend last year.

Thanks Jack. A fireplace would be nice. We paid 81 a night. Not too bad. I think all the Suite style hotels are basically the same. The best way to go if an extended stay.

coincidently, that hotel had its grand opening today. Looks very nice fom the expressway. It is right off the 290 expressway at the Millersport Highway exit. Amherst is a very nice suburb. Good shopping and restaurants close by and convenient to most other parts of Western New York. I have never stayed at a Homewood, but the one by the airport in Cheektowaga has been open for several years and is consistently busy.

Business First article

All of this sounds great to me. Thanks guys for the info.

The family and I are very excited to be coming back to buffalo for a visit. My kids haven't been anywhere except San Diego and LA (we live in Phoenix).

It brand new (I think... it's on Millersport Hwy, right??) If its what I'm thinking of, its a brand new building, they've been building it for the last year and it just opened up maybe a month or so ago.

Amherst is as suburban as it comes. Traffic is starting to get bad though. You'll not be more than a few blocks from Duffs Wings if its the place on Millersport, so make sure you get some!!!!!

Amherst was named the safest city in the country, so if that was a concern...

370457[/snapback]

Amherst isn't a city, they didnt meet the difinitive requirements, only becaues thet have no central "downtown" area (so it probably never will be a city). However it was named the safest town with a population over 100 thousand. Unforunately there was a homocide this year, so it might drop to 2nd or 3rd in rank.

I want to try Duff's Wings, and original Anchor Bar wings as well. That way I can decide for myself which are better. I may want to go to Rachacha and get a Garbage plate as well. I am a glutton for punishment. :doh:

The central location, as well as freeway access were some of the reasons wy wife booked this place. She had no idea it was new though. That is just a bonus.

I want to try Duff's Wings, and original Anchor Bar wings as well. That way I can decide for myself which are better. I may want to go to Rachacha and get a Garbage plate as well. I am a glutton for punishment. :(

The central location, as well as freeway access were some of the reasons wy wife booked this place. She had no idea it was new though. That is just a bonus.

372212[/snapback]

On more "must do" while in buffalo (or amherst) is Teds Hot Dogs. Its just a fast food hot dog place, but its just freekin good, get a footlong hotdog and a milkshake, your tastebuds will thank you.

Amherst was named the safest city in the country, so if that was a concern...

370457[/snapback]

Only because they let a lot of people go so they dont have to report a crime!

On more "must do" while in buffalo (or amherst) is Teds Hot Dogs. Its just a fast food hot dog place, but its just freekin good, get a footlong hotdog and a milkshake, your tastebuds will thank you.

372684[/snapback]

Actually, there is a Ted's hot dogs here in Phoenix. They fly in White and Red hots straight from Buffalo. But, we were actually going to Ted's in Buffalo anyhow. you know, gotta have the original.

How close is it to the homewood suites in Amherst?

Actually, there is a Ted's hot dogs here in Phoenix. They fly in White and Red hots straight from Buffalo. But, we were actually going to Ted's in Buffalo anyhow. you know, gotta have the original.

How close is it to the homewood suites in Amherst?

373190[/snapback]

Hmmm, i know theres one on Niagara Falls Blvd, about 10 mins away from where you are...

Hmmm, i know theres one on Niagara Falls Blvd, about 10 mins away from where you are...

373201[/snapback]

yeah 290 to niagara falls blvd, hang a right and don't stop untill you hit teds (on the right).

andersons right next door always makes a great desert.