Deputy Tasers 90-Pound 13-Year-Old Girl At Hospita

And my common sense agrees with what I say.  Common sense says that devoid of anything to prove it wrong it must be fact.  For you to sit there and say otherwise without some supporting evidence is more lemmingish.  You follow, just because.  At least my stance is grounded on research.

368102[/snapback]

Yeah, that's the ticket. Your stance is grounded on the research of people who have created a cottage industry based on it. There are literally thousands of jobs and billions of dollars annually funneled toward keeping marijuana illegal. It's not at all like the government to supress research when it's not in their best fiscal interest. :ph34r:

Wake up and smell what you're shoveling.

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know.  I gave you a fact from the NIH, why don't you find a fact to back your opinion?  Or are you just going to be limmingish like AD and state opinions with nothing to back it up.

368105[/snapback]

Give me a break. I don't believe the so called "facts" that you are using. I don't care if they are on a web site backed by God himself. They are inflated and wrong.

You can use them all day long and in the end they add up to no more useful than an average BF post.

If you want to pretend to have some first hand knowledge of the subject go ahead, but please don't tell me that your arguemnt is better because of what you read on a web site.

You were in the military right? Can someone tell you they know everything that it was about because they saw Private Ryan? No. It's living it that gives you insight to the subject.

Hell, I don't care one way or the other if they legalize pot or not, but at least I know something about it.

Yeah, that's the ticket.  Your stance is grounded on the research of people who have created a cottage industry based on it.  There are literally thousands of jobs and billions of dollars annually funneled toward keeping marijuana illegal.  It's not at all like the government to supress research when it's not in their best fiscal interest. :ph34r:

Wake up and smell what you're shoveling.

368112[/snapback]

How does anyone makle any money from not legallizing beyond the drug dealers? Are you say the government is taking millions from them to keep it illegal? Or the military and DEA just so they can get shot at trying to keep it from coming in country?

You can use them all day long and in the end they add up to no more useful than an average BF post.

368113[/snapback]

Oh, dude, that's just cold.
Combine that with the fact that I still smoke Marijuana
Mike, if dope were legal, would you buy it or grow your own? Why?

This reminds me of an anti drug commercial I saw once.  I don't remember the exact number but it was something like,  2 out of every 10 people involved in accidents had used weed.

I remember looking over at my friend when I heard that and saying "doesn't that mean that 8 out of every 10 people hadn't touched the stuff?

People get killed in accidents for doing absolutely nothing wrong at all.  Outlaw vehicles, then you'll stop the accidents.

368103[/snapback]

My favorite commercial is the one when they smoke and start playing with guns. You couldn't pay me to be within 100 yards of a gun after I smoked.

How does anyone makle any money from not legallizing beyond the drug dealers? Are you say the government is taking millions from them to keep it illegal?  Or the military and DEA just so they can get shot at trying to keep it from coming in country?

368117[/snapback]

Prisons, task forces, rehab clinics that are paid for solely by the dole are just a few examples. NYS was spending an astronomical percentage of their prison money on Rockefeller convicted marijuana "offenders."

Would it surprise me at all if there were back room deals between government officials of this country and others to keep it illegal? Nope.

My favorite commercial is the one when they smoke and start playing with guns. You couldn't pay me to be within 100 yards of a gun after I smoked.

368121[/snapback]

You obviously never spent any time around my Cav platoon. Guns? We had tanks.

Prisons, task forces, rehab clinics that are paid for solely by the dole are just a few examples.  NYS was spending an astronomical percentage of their prison money on Rockefeller convicted marijuana "offenders." 

Would it surprise me at all if there were back room deals between government officials of this country and others to keep it illegal?  Nope.

368123[/snapback]

When was the last time anyone arrested with marijuana and not doing anything else got more then a small fine or slap on the wrist? You know damn well they do not prosecute and throw you in jail for years for just a small amount of marijuana. As others have said, why have rehab if it isn't addicting? To me your arguement is too much of a conspiracy theory. Darin I have a lot of respect for you, and you know that, but you are sounding like a certain person from Washington State.

Prisons, task forces, rehab clinics that are paid for solely by the dole are just a few examples.  NYS was spending an astronomical percentage of their prison money on Rockefeller convicted marijuana "offenders." 

Would it surprise me at all if there were back room deals between government officials of this country and others to keep it illegal?  Nope.

368123[/snapback]

None of it matters, really. Once the Supreme Court decides it's in their best interest, they'll legalize it, I'm sure.

When was the last time anyone arrested with marijuana and not doing anything else got more then a small fine or slap on the wrist?  You know damn well they do not prosecute and throw you in jail for years for just a small amount of marijuana.  As others have said, why have rehab if it isn't addicting?  To me your arguement is too much of a conspiracy theory.  Darin I have a lot of respect for you, and you know that, but you are sounding like a certain person from Washington State.

368128[/snapback]

There are 22 states that currently have MANDATORY minimum incarceration for having only a useable amount of marijuana on your person.

The federal law states that possessing ANY amount on a first offense means a mandatory year locked up.

Rehab is big business. There is rehab for alcohol too. I guess that means everyone who's ever had a drink is an alcoholic who needs to go to rehab and that wine with dinner means you need to spend some time in the pokey.

But you're right. You've got the facts on your side.

Mike, if dope were legal, would you buy it or grow your own? Why?

368120[/snapback]

No, I just smoke because after a stressful week it helps me relax. I tend to get overstressed and when I smoke it completely takes my mind off the daily grind. Just that hour of mental release has such a positive effect on my well being. For that reason I don't consider growing, even if it was legal.

Obviously their are probably better ways to handful stress, but if that’s my way of doing things. I just get so frustrated when people classify Marijuana with alcohol, then to say it's the same as Heroin or LSD, it blows my mind. My godmother died from Heroin, that drug destroyed her, eventually it took her life.

I smoke a couple times a week, work, and consider myself to be a morally oriented person. To me Marijuana has incredible medicinal qualities, of course theirs negatives, but those negatives are still far ahead of alcohol or cigarettes.

There are 22 states that currently have MANDATORY minimum incarceration for having only a useable amount of marijuana on your person. 

The federal law states that possessing ANY amount on a first offense means a mandatory year locked up.

Rehab is big business.  There is rehab for alcohol too.  I guess that means everyone who's ever had a drink is an alcoholic who needs to go to rehab and that wine with dinner means you need to spend some time in the pokey.

But you're right.  You've got the facts on your side.

368136[/snapback]

Actually on the federal it's 5 years minumum for first offense and ten for second. But only if caught with 100 kg (220 pounds). Below that the feds don't get involved unless you are convicted at the same time as something else.

I would like to see which states have a mandatory sentence for simple possession (under 1 ounce) where the sentence is a mandatory 1 year. In fact, everything I read says almost all states count it as a misdemeanor and has $1000 fine and or 1 year as the maxiumum penalty with no minimum.

In fact here is a good list:

http://www.legaljoint.net/state_info/FEDER...&state=13&mmj=2

federal only mandates 15 day minimum for sencond offense, and 90 days for third.

Actually on the federal it's 5 years minumum for first offense and ten for second.  But only if caught with 100 kg (220 pounds).  Below that the feds don't get involved unless you are convicted at the same time as something else. 

368140[/snapback]

That's sale and cultivation laws. We're talking simple possession here. It's different. You're also wrong as it's 50KG, not 100.

In fact, everything I read says almost all states count it as a misdemeanor and has $1000 fine and or 1 year as the maxiumum penalty with no minimum.

How does anyone makle any money from not legallizing beyond the drug dealers?

That's sale and cultivation laws.  We're talking useability here.  It's different.

368142[/snapback]

Check the link out in my message above. There is no state or even federal government that mandates any jail sentence for simple possesion.

Check the link out in my message above.  There is no state or even federal government that mandates any jail sentence for simple possesion.

368144[/snapback]

From YOUR link:

When someone is convicted of an offense punishable by a mandatory minimum sentence, the judge must sentence the defendant to the mandatory minimum sentence or to a higher sentence. The judge has no power to sentence the defendant to less time than the mandatory minimum. A prisoner serving an MMS for a federal offense and for most state offenses will not be eligible for parole. Even peaceful marijuana smokers sentenced to "life MMS" must serve a life sentence with no chance of parole.

From YOUR link:

When someone is convicted of an offense punishable by a mandatory minimum sentence, the judge must sentence the defendant to the mandatory minimum sentence or to a higher sentence. The judge has no power to sentence the defendant to less time than the mandatory minimum. A prisoner serving an MMS for a federal offense and for most state offenses will not be eligible for parole. Even peaceful marijuana smokers sentenced to "life MMS" must serve a life sentence with no chance of parole.

368146[/snapback]

What's you point. mandaory minimum is not the rule. MMS is is the minimum. Look again. The possesion one for federal government is 1 year max with no minimum. Nowhere in the federal guideline is there a MMS for life.

Possession

Any amount (first offense) misdemeanor 1 year $1,000

Any amount (second offense) misdemeanor 15 days MMS* $2,500

Any amount (subsequent offense) misdemeanor or felony 90 days MMS* - 3 years $5,000

*Mandatory minimum sentence.

Possession of marijuana is punishable by up to one year in jail and a minimum fine of $1,000 for a first conviction. For a second conviction, the penalties increase to a 15-day mandatory minimum sentence with a maximum of two years in prison and a fine of up to $2,500. Subsequent convictions carry a 90-day mandatory minimum sentence and a maximum of up to three years in prison and a fine of up to $5,000.

There are 22 states that currently have MANDATORY minimum incarceration for having only a useable amount of marijuana on your person.  The federal law states that possessing ANY amount on a first offense means a mandatory year locked up.

Rehab is big business.  There is rehab for alcohol too.  I guess that means everyone who's ever had a drink is an alcoholic who needs to go to rehab and that wine with dinner means you need to spend some time in the pokey.

But you're right.  You've got the facts on your side.

368136[/snapback]

I am still waiting for the list of those 22 states. In fact not a single state or federal government forces any minimum sentence for simple possession.