Deputy Tasers 90-Pound 13-Year-Old Girl At Hospita

If Apple could put out a half assed decent product that the average idiot could understand than they would be competitive.  Unfortunately for them their product is too smart for Joe Blow.

368035[/snapback]

:ph34r:

It's actually quite the opposite, especially when you look at mundane details like UI flow and whatnot. Apple's attention to detail and usability is unmatched in my opinion.

Reminds me of a rant from a UI professor I had a while back. I'll spare you. In a nutshell, the simplicity of the Apple interface is intimidating when your only point of reference is something such as Windows 95 or Windows XP. The problem is in the "training" most computer users get initially.

"What do you mean I don't have to click on the icon, right click, select properties, highlight the settings tab, click advanced, edit the drop down list, click apply, restart, and then install my new driver? That's lame. Apple Sucks."

And another thread observation. I believe this is the first conversation that I've ever witnessed (outside of that 17 - 22 haze mentioned earlier) in which "I know more pot smokers than you" is actually considered a qualification. It's almost always the polar opposite. :P

-Jeff

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:ph34r:

It's actually quite the opposite, especially when you look at mundane details like UI flow and whatnot.  Apple's attention to detail and usability is unmatched in my opinion.

Reminds me of a rant from a UI professor I had a while back. I'll spare you.  In a nutshell, the simplicity of the Apple interface is intimidating when your only point of reference is something such as Windows 95 or Windows XP.  The problem is in the "training" most computer users get initially. 

"What do you mean I don't have to click on the icon, right click, select properties, highlight the settings tab, click advanced, edit the drop down list, click apply, restart, and then install my new driver? That's lame. Apple Sucks."

And another thread observation. I believe this is the first conversation that I've ever witnessed (outside of that 17 - 22 haze mentioned earlier) in which "I know more pot smokers than you" is actually considered a qualification.  It's almost always the polar opposite.  :P

-Jeff

368063[/snapback]

Good post.

Marijuana is a Class I drug like LSD, heroin, etc... for a reason.

367943[/snapback]

Holy sh-- you can't be serious.

Has their been ONE documented case in which somebody has overdosed on Marijuana?

Have you ever smoked a joint and went threw withdrawal because you needed to be high again?

Have you ever smoked a joint and picked a fight?

Have you ever smoked a joint and drove into oncoming traffic?

Have you ever seen somebody go into convulsions because they needed to smoke a joint so bad?

Annually how many people need to check themselves into rehab because the Marijuana addiction is destroying their life, and how's that compare to alcohol, LSD, and Heroin.

Annually how many people die from smoking related deaths compared to Marijuana?

The reason the government classifies Marijuana in the same group as those drugs is because Marijuana isn't a socially accepted drug. It really is that simple, and just because alcohol and cigarettes are socially acceptable doesn't make them any more safe. All drugs have consequences including pot, but to think the governmental classification is purely based on the danger of the drug is a joke.

I'm sure you get my point by now but preaching to the moral police is usually an effort in futility.

Holy sh-- you can't be serious.

Has their been ONE documented case in which somebody has overdosed on Marijuana?

Have you ever smoked a joint and went threw withdrawal because you needed to be high again?

Have you ever smoked a joint and picked a fight?

Have you ever smoked a joint and drove into oncoming traffic?

Have you ever seen somebody go into convulsions because they needed to smoke a joint so bad?

Annually how many people need to check themselves into rehab because the Marijuana addiction is destroying their life, and how's that compare to alcohol, LSD, and Heroin.

Annually how many people die from smoking related deaths compared to Marijuana?

The reason the government classifies Marijuana in the same group as those drugs is because Marijuana isn't a socially accepted drug. It really is that simple, and just because alcohol and cigarettes are socially acceptable doesn't make them any more safe. All drugs have consequences including pot, but to think the governmental classification is purely based on the danger of the drug is a joke. 

I'm sure you get my point by now but preaching to the moral police is usually an effort in futility.

368074[/snapback]

Why don't you do some research and stop repeating what the majijuana is good pamplates tell you.

Fact is over 1/4 million people go into drug rehab for marijuana use every year. How that compares to other drugs, I don't know but I bet it is right up there.

I don't do drug, so no I never had "withdrawals" .

Yes there are documented cases of people having, as BF calls them mental adiction" that they have withdrawal symptoms.

I sure there are plus of folks who have died from marijuana use. Driving too slow can be just as deadly as driving too fast. Falling asleep in the wrong place, slowed reactions and unable to react to something, etc.etc.etc....

And no it is a Class one because it has been deemed to have no medicinal value. Only only a few cases of people with cancer/glaucoma who have used it who could be treated by better and more specific types drugs for their purpose.

And no it is a Class one because it has been deemed to have no medicinal value.  Only only a few cases of people with cancer/glaucoma who have used it who could be treated by better and more specific types drugs for their purpose.

368078[/snapback]

So now you trust the government, despite all you know to the contrary? :P

Yeah, marijuana is bad. Terrible. It makes you want to eat your children. Instead of doing that, won't you please enjoy a refreshing Miller Lite? :ph34r:

Driving too slow can be just as deadly as driving too fast. 

368078[/snapback]

I remember that one time I bumped the curb going about 3 MPH. I said a quick little prayer to "he who watches over us" to thank him for allowing me to walk away from such a devastating event. I barely got through the day and sometimes have PTSD from it. I'm a changed man.

I remember that one time I bumped the curb going about 3 MPH.  I said a quick little prayer to "he who watches over us" to thank him for allowing me to walk away from such a devastating event.  I barely got through the day and sometimes have PTSD from it.  I'm a changed man.

368082[/snapback]

On the highway, if you slow down to 3 MPH you are likely to cause a major accident in a state that has more then 30 people, unlike Alaska.

Then let's just have one manufacturer and see how the price changes. Everything is relative. Plus, look at how much of the cost for a pack of cigarettes goes to Phillip Morris and how much goes to local, state and federal taxes. You'll be surprised.

368010[/snapback]

Well yeah, that was my point. You said the gov. wouldn't be controlling the price because companies would be selling it.

But cigarettes are a pretty good example of how that isn't true.

On the highway, if you slow down to 3 MPH you are likely to cause a major accident in a state that has more then 30 people, unlike Alaska.

368086[/snapback]

Yeah, that's always been a huge problem. The ol' 3 MPH left lane driver. Sometimes I actually think you believe this crap. Scary.

Get over yourself. Prohibition doesn't work and demonizing marijuana when it's nowhere near as bad as alcohol is a foolish waste of time that has led to billions of wasted taxpayer dollars that could have been better spent elsewhere.

Yeah, that's always been a huge problem.  The ol' 3 MPH left lane driver.

Get over yourself.  Prohibition doesn't work and demonizing marijuana when it's nowhere near as bad as alcohol is a foolish waste of time that has led to billions of dollars of wasted taxpayer dollars.

368090[/snapback]

In your opinion. Damn, opinions are rampant around here today. When did facts become null and void.

In your opinion.  Damn, opinions are rampant around here today.  When did facts become null and void.

368093[/snapback]

When you started posting some from the same sight you did last time you went Carrie Nation on us?

In your opinion.  Damn, opinions are rampant around here today.  When did facts become null and void.

368093[/snapback]

You're not stating facts. You're using government classifications because they suit your purposes in this instance. There will always be people who smoke pot. There's little reason to waste so much money/law enforcement resources to combat it - especially while taking significant campaign contributions from the alcohol lobby.

You're not stating facts.  You're using government classifications because they suit your purposes in this instance.  There will always be people who smoke pot.  There's little reason to waste so much money/law enforcement resources to combat it - especially while taking significant campaign contributions from the alcohol lobby.

368096[/snapback]

But other then opinions, there is no real facts to support your opinion. Whether you want to trust government reasearch or not they are realistically the only "facts" available.

But other then opinions, there is no real facts to support your opinion.  Whether you want to trust government reasearch or not they are realistically the only "facts" available.

368097[/snapback]

Way to lemming up. Remember earlier when you said common sense was your strong suit? :ph34r:

Way to lemming up.  Remember earlier when you said common sense was your strong suit? :ph34r:

368099[/snapback]

And my common sense agrees with what I say. Common sense says that devoid of anything to prove it wrong it must be fact. For you to sit there and say otherwise without some supporting evidence is more lemmingish. You follow, just because. At least my stance is grounded on research.

Fact is over 1/4 million people go into drug rehab for marijuana use every year.  How that compares to other drugs, I don't know but I bet it is right up there. 

How many less would that be if it were legal? I'm sure many of those people were told to go to rehab after being arrested for pot.

Yes there are documented cases of people having, as  BF calls them mental adiction" that they have withdrawal symptoms.

Caffeine? Carbs? Sex? They can all be put into the same category as weed. Anyone can have a hard time quitting something they like. Hell, I remember when they blocked TSW at work. I was fidgeting for days.

I sure there are plus of folks who have died from marijuana use.  Driving too slow can be just as deadly as driving too fast.  Falling asleep in the wrong place, slowed reactions and unable to react to something, etc.etc.etc....

This reminds me of an anti drug commercial I saw once. I don't remember the exact number but it was something like, 2 out of every 10 people involved in accidents had used weed.

I remember looking over at my friend when I heard that and saying "doesn't that mean that 8 out of every 10 people hadn't touched the stuff?

People get killed in accidents for doing absolutely nothing wrong at all. Outlaw vehicles, then you'll stop the accidents.

Why don't you do some research and stop repeating what the majijuana is good pamplates tell you. 

Fact is over 1/4 million people go into drug rehab for marijuana use every year.  How that compares to other drugs, I don't know but I bet it is right up there. 

I don't do drug, so no I never had "withdrawals" .

Yes there are documented cases of people having, as  BF calls them mental adiction" that they have withdrawal symptoms.

I sure there are plus of folks who have died from marijuana use.  Driving too slow can be just as deadly as driving too fast.  Falling asleep in the wrong place, slowed reactions and unable to react to something, etc.etc.etc....

And no it is a Class one because it has been deemed to have no medicinal value.  Only only a few cases of people with cancer/glaucoma who have used it who could be treated by better and more specific types drugs for their purpose.

368078[/snapback]

Obviously Marijuana isn't good for you, it causes cancer, but compared to cigarettes it's really not even close in terms of number of deaths. It's probably causes cancer at higher levels but their hasn't been enough long term data to prove that. In terms of driving, people would be more likely to get in accident while high, but much less likely when compared to alcohol. Their has never been a documented case of somebody overdosing on Marijuana.

I wrote a 25 page paper on the possible repercussions of marijuana legalization when I was in college, combine that with the fact that I still smoke Marijuana and I think I'm fairly qualified to debate the subject. Read a book? Ask me a question and look it up, I promise my answer will be in unison with the medical community and research done on the subject.

How many less would that be if it were legal?  I'm sure many of those people were told to go to rehab after being arrested for pot.

368103[/snapback]

I don't know. I gave you a fact from the NIH, why don't you find a fact to back your opinion? Or are you just going to be limmingish like AD and state opinions with nothing to back it up.