Go, Go, Motherment!

She says the mere existence of the law, whether it's actively enforced or not, gives parents more authority to tell their children they have to wear a helmet. It's not just because Mom says so.

Remember when "because mom says so" was MORE than enough? Continuing to chip away parental power, one ridiculous law at a time.

Task Force Takes Aim at Fat City

We have enough money in the budget to start the Exercise Gestapo? Very nice. Still, my favorite quote is from one of the biggest idiots I've ever had the pleasure of talking to, Carol Comeux: "I'm going to discourage the board from doing the quick change," she said. "I would rather they wait to get through this task force."

Way to be a bureaucrat who cares more about money than they do about the kids.

She says the mere existence of the law, whether it's actively enforced or not, gives parents more authority to tell their children they have to wear a helmet. It's not just because Mom says so.

Remember when "because mom says so" was MORE than enough?  Continuing to chip away parental power, one ridiculous law at a time.

What the !@#$????? Any parent who uses a helmet law to convince their child to wear a helmet shouldn't be a parent anyway. That is some seriously beausoxed-up logic...

Task Force Takes Aim at Fat City

We have enough money in the budget to start the Exercise Gestapo?  Very nice.  Still, my favorite quote is from one of the biggest idiots I've ever had the pleasure of talking to, Carol Comeux: "I'm going to discourage the board from doing the quick change," she said. "I would rather they wait to get through this task force."

Way to be a bureaucrat who cares more about money than they do about the kids.

365295[/snapback]

Again...what the !@#$? A school district takes direct, immediate, and common sense action in reducing their contribution to childhood obesity (namely, removing the vending machines)...and this bimbo's response is "No, don't take direct, immediate, and common sense action...wait a year while we write a report on it." <_<:lol::lol: It's not the !@#$ing space program...it's school lunches. Feed the kids a well-balanced diet when they're at school, make 'em take gym class, and take the candy out of the vending machines. :doh::doh::doh:

What the !@#$?????  Any parent who uses a helmet law to convince their child to wear a helmet shouldn't be a parent anyway.  That is some seriously beausoxed-up logic...

Again...what the !@#$?  A school district takes direct, immediate, and common sense action in reducing their contribution to childhood obesity (namely, removing the vending machines)...and this bimbo's response is "No, don't take direct, immediate, and common sense action...wait a year while we write a report on it."  <_<  :lol:  :lol:  It's not the !@#$ing space program...it's school lunches.  Feed the kids a well-balanced diet when they're at school, make 'em take gym class, and take the candy out of the vending machines.  :doh:  :doh:  :doh:

365481[/snapback]

What is with the vending machines? When I was in school (it was 30 years ago), you wanted a drink you had three choices-go to the water fountain, get a carton of milk from the school or bring something to drink from home. Nobody brought pop because it would just get warm in your locker. The only "treat" they sold was ice cream like nutty buddys or fudgsicles and those were only sold in the last third of each lunch break (my school had three lunch periods).

What is with the vending machines? When I was in school (it was 30 years ago), you wanted a drink you had three choices-go to the water fountain, get a carton of milk from the school or bring something to drink from home. Nobody brought pop because it would just get warm in your locker. The only "treat" they sold was ice cream like nutty buddys or fudgsicles and those were only sold in the last third of each lunch break (my school had three lunch periods).

365666[/snapback]

the kids self esteem may suffer without the sugar buzz.

but i guess the real question, the one that matters, is do these vending machines also dispense HotPockets®

Give me HotPockets®, or give me Death!