And I thought 4 SB losses were tough...

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry to hear about your father, but how wonderful to have memories like these to carry with you. Keep your family close; I hope you can find peace with this soon.

God Bless

Rockpile

Hello folks.

I've been "off the board" the past two weeks for vacation and to attend a job-related conference. 

But I wanted to inform you that I received word about 9:45 Friday evening that my Dad passed away.  And while I mourn his passing, I feel truly blessed that he was a mentor, a friend--simply the best Dad anyone could want, and that he was a special part of my half-century existence to date.  The values and discipline he taught me have been and are being carried to the next generation in my family (my two daughters).  And I'll be forever grateful for the times, good and bad, that we shared both as father and son and in family matters.  He was special...and I'll always carry those memories of him.  I believe in the hereafter--so I will see him again down the line.

I'd like to relate a Bills story with you.  Back in '66, my brother won a clothing store contest for an autographed football and two tickets to see the Bills play the Boston Patriots at the Old Rockpile.  Now, my Dad knew that I'd be heartbroken if I could not go (my brother was 13 at the time to my 11).  So, he went to the local Western Union office and wired the Bills' ticket office re: availability.  Lo and behold, he secured an obstructed-view ticket (behind a pole) on the press box side of the Rockpile (the two seats we had were on the opposite side, astride the east end zone end line).  Will never forget being parked in a sardine-confined lot across the street from the stadium...as well as the game itself (played on a Saturday night).  Jim Nance ran amok, and Booth Lusteg couldn't hit the broad side of a barn (blew three makeable FGs).  Wray Carlton scored the Bills' only TD in a 20-10 loss. 

I don't know when I'll be back with you, but take care all.  Happy Father's Day (and if you get a chance, read Troy Vincent's Q&A on the BB board--good stuff).

361604[/snapback]

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family, Greg. Your post is a gentle reminder to keep all things in the proper perspective.

You are in my thoughts and prayers,

-Gina

Sorry Gregg on your loss. The losses in life far outweigh any other loss. You and your family are in my prayers at this difficult time of your life.

May Eternal Rest Shine Upon Him.