Sorry if this has already been covered but...

ExWNYer

This is how 'The Sporting News' see the AFC East in 2005:

1) New England: 10-6

2) NJ Jest: 9-7

3) dulfelons 8-8

4) Buffalo 4-12

I don't put much stock in these publications whether they rate the Bills poorly or not. I like to check them out just to see how much football accumen they might have. Wins and losses are hard to predict but these predictions give an overall indication of how they are "gauging" teams. I wouldn't have even had an issue with their standings had they at least had the Bills in the 8-9 win range, but four???

Sure they lost a solid but injury prone LT in JJ and a great run stuffing tackle on the wrong side of 30 in PW and they have essentially a rookie QB who will make his share of mistakes but can't possibly do any worse than the ultimate law-of-diminishing-returns QB, Drew Bledsoe.

The Bills still have a top 5 defense and the returning #1 special teams unit in the NFL. The Jest have a dicey armed, injury plagued QB, a RB with another year of mileage on his extemely well worn tires (with no proven backup) and a shaky receiving corps...the dulfelons still have the same tandem of lame QBs, a possible returning disruption in Ricky Williams, a rookie RB, no offensive line, and a rookie head coach. Yet these two rate as 5 and 4 wins better than the Bills, respectively?

I don't know who's running the football show over at 'TSN' but I have lost what little respect I still had for them. Sad how a once decent mag has turned into a pathetic rag.

It's been covered......

Dan Pompei is an idiot

...but feel free to pile on.

:devil:

361225[/snapback]

Sorry, Lori...haven't been around much, lately. I just saw the issue in 'Barnes & Noble' today and thought I'd share. You'd think that a publication as old as 'TSN' would check the validity of their writers and make sure they do a little research before letting them post such unintelligent drivel.

Needless to say, they didn't get my money...I have plenty of toilet paper at home. :doh:

What? You're bagging on Pompei for writing 'unintelligent drivel'?!? How dare you - he's an "expert" !!!

For proof, just check out the gem in this week's issue:

Patriot Wars: Retooling the Dynasty

Worst Yoda impersonation I've ever read, this is. Stick to football, Dan should. Thinking about cancelling my TSN susbcription after 16 years, I am.....

What? You're bagging on Pompei for writing 'unintelligent drivel'?!? How dare you - he's an "expert" !!!

Worst Yoda impersonation I've ever read, this is. Stick to football, Dan should. Thinking about cancelling my TSN susbcription after 16 years, I am.....

361256[/snapback]

Wow! That was tough to get through. No, excruciating. Do yourself a favor and cancel your subscription. I was a long time subscriber myself but let mine expire several years ago. I see that they are still sliding down that slippery slope of crappy journalism. I saw the beginning of the end when they hired a local hack from the Richmond paper to be their Deadskins correspondent (Paul Woody). He has the same role in the paper here and he is awful...even a good friend of mine who is a diehard 'skins fan can't stand the guy.

BTW, if/when you cancel, be sure to tell them that it is because of their pathetically laughable coverage of the NFL. But then, what can you expect from the self-proclaimed "Bible of baseball". :devil:

361256[/snapback]

Reading that mde me want to shoot myself...scratch that, it made me want to shoot him...

I guess you and Pompei have the same McFarland Drew bobblehead.  :devil:

361564[/snapback]

:doh:

I am still optimisic... I just think they will turn it around too late to make it look good.

I am not saying that they won't be able to hang in games either.

Whereas last year's record reflected a better (playoff) team... This years will be the same except they will appear worse than they really are.

361256[/snapback]

Wanting to tie myself to train tracks, I am. Filled with stupidity, Pompei is...