Anyone hear Peter King on WGR?

Believe it or not, he said that he thought the fans would end up being pleasantly suprised with the Gandy signing. King had some faith in his ability and said he thought Gandy would hold the fort on the left side. Anyone hear this and/or agree?

Also, Dr. Z has Willis winning the rushing title. That sure brought a big smile to my face.

Worth mentioning as well, he said he didn't think J.P would flop. He said he thought he was too smart to not play well and thought he was surrounded by some good talent to make his job easier.

Good stuff if you heard him on the radio yesterday. Thoughts?

t-r

Dr. Z is the journalist whose football opinion I most respect.  He's not right everytime but there isn't anyone who isn't a team employee who watches more film or is "dead nutz" more often.

360459[/snapback]

That's what got me excited. He's the equivalent of Peter Gammons in baseball to me. They both have integrity and really care that their names are respected.

So when King starts talking up Willis, Gandy and J.P I feel a lot better. Simply stated, those three are the biggest question marks on our team.

1. Can Willis stay healthy?

2. Can J.P be a leader in his first year as the starter.

3. Can Mike Gandy keep J.P off the turf long enough to make good decisions.

If Dr. Z gives me a thumbs up on two of them, that's a good feeling. Supporting all three makes September only feel that much farther away. God I want playoffs this year.

t-r

That's what  got me excited.  He's the equivalent of Peter Gammons in baseball to me.  They both have integrity and really care that their names are respected. 

So when King starts talking up Willis, Gandy and J.P I feel a lot better.  Simply stated, those three are the biggest question marks on our team. 

If Dr. Z gives me a thumbs up on two of them, that's a good feeling.  Supporting all three makes September only feel that much farther away.  God I want playoffs this year. 

t-r

360468[/snapback]

I think I speak for of lot of us when I express my confusion at the total lack of movement to improve the Offensive Line beyond what has already been done, Maybe if Gandy really is better than WE think (a possibility even though we are all geniuses here :blush: ) then the lack of additional moves may make some sense.

could be

who knows?

Dr. Z is the journalist whose football opinion I most respect.  He's not right everytime but there isn't anyone who isn't a team employee who watches more film or is "dead nutz" more often.

360459[/snapback]

:blush:

Are you serious? Is this the same Dr. Z who placed Dusty Zeigler (when he was still with the Bills) on his season ending "All-NFL" team?

Believe it or not, he said that he thought the fans would end up being pleasantly suprised with the Gandy signing.  King had some faith in his ability and said he thought Gandy would hold the fort on the left side.  Anyone hear this and/or agree? 

360452[/snapback]

A lot of the negative stuff I have read about the Bills recently is that the Left side of the line has taken a step back from last year and the QB is a question mark.

I think Gandy is a mild step down from Jonas. But not so much that fans will be crying for Jonas to still be there. Potentially there may be no drop off at all. And certainly Bennie Anderson will be an upgrade from the revolving door at RG from last year. So I don't know why there is so much crying about the Bills Left side.

Is Losman an unknown comodity? Sure. But even if he sucks, at worst,... he will be equal to the guy they had last year. No way he will be a drop off.

That's what  got me excited.  He's the equivalent of Peter Gammons in baseball to me.  They both have integrity and really care that their names are respected. 

So when King starts talking up Willis, Gandy and J.P I feel a lot better.  Simply stated, those three are the biggest question marks on our team. 

If Dr. Z gives me a thumbs up on two of them, that's a good feeling.  Supporting all three makes September only feel that much farther away.  God I want playoffs this year. 

t-r

360468[/snapback]

4. Can JP not break another leg

:blush:

Are you serious?  Is this the same Dr. Z who placed Dusty Zeigler (when he was still with the Bills) on his season ending "All-NFL" team?

360496[/snapback]

I give the guy alot of credit. He's in the business of predicting the future. If he's right half the time that's pretty good and he's right more than that. How often do we hear positive things from a respected journalist?

Could he be wrong? Sure, but if he thinks Willis has the potential to win the rushing title, why shouldn't I? I'd have to think he's a lot closer to the game than I. Could Gandy bust, sure but I trust Peter King has studied the tapes on him way more than I have.

The guy knows football. I appreciate his opinion. Even more when it's positive about a player I'm going to watch every Sunday. Religiously.

t-r

It's nice to hear, but these sports reporters can't predict the future any better than any of us can. Their biggest contributions are getting inside scoops from the teams. Hopefully King got from McNally that he was pleased with Gandy at LT and/or got to see him in action, which is entirely possible. As for him predicting Willis to win the rushing title, again that's speculation, and while he's not alone in saying that, I won't be disappointed in Willis if he doesn't win it, just as long as he builds off-of last year and proves to be an offensive weapon. And as for JP, again it's a prediction on his part, but as I've been saying, he's got all the physical tools, seems intelligent, and has been working his ass off to prepare, and that's what you want to see. Hopefully it will all translate into wins come the season.

blink.gif

Are you serious? Is this the same Dr. Z who placed Dusty Zeigler (when he was still with the Bills) on his season ending "All-NFL" team?

No, he never did that.

360459[/snapback]

AD, we usually agree on most things, but not this time. I think Zimmerman is a sad shadow of the football writer he once was.

He almost seems to be playing the role of the cranky/cynical old newspaper guy who's the last holdout in this Internet age, but who's too lazy to do his homework and just says things out of his a$$ on many occassions (especially the off-season).

I agree with the guy who brought up Dr. Z's nomination of Dusty Ziegler to his all-pro team. WTF was that all about.

Damn straight.  It was Bill Conaty.

:unsure:

In all fairness, it wasn't first team All NFL.  Still, not one of Z's shining moments.

360639[/snapback]

yes....there you go....i stand corrected.

:unsure:

Are you serious?  Is this the same Dr. Z who placed Dusty Zeigler (when he was still with the Bills) on his season ending "All-NFL" team?

360496[/snapback]

I think he correctly predicted Buffalo vs Washington in the Super Bowl eons ago.

:doh:

But then in the Super Bowl preview SI he picked the Bills to win.....

:angry:

I agree with the guy who brought up Dr. Z's nomination of Dusty Ziegler to his all-pro team. WTF was that all about.
Damn straight. It was Bill Conaty.

In all fairness, it wasn't first team All NFL

yes....there you go....i stand corrected.

You can all stand corrected, because he never put either one of them on any of his all-whatever teams.

Once when he was talking about how he made his selections for his team, he did nothing more than make a passing mention of how the Bills center had graded out really well in one of the gamefilms he had watched. He then said that he hadn't seen enough film to make the call, and that he'd have to get around to watching more before he decided whether to give him the nod. Needless to say he never mentioned it again.

Saying a guy graded out out well in one game isn't quite the same as declaring him an allstar. Maybe its close enough for the accuracy-challenged among you, but then again y'all ain't convincing anybody but yourselves. :unsure:

:doh:

360496[/snapback]

You can all stand corrected, because he never put either one of them on any of his all-whatever teams.

Once when he was talking about how he made his selections for his team, he did nothing more than make a passing mention of how the Bills center had graded out really well in one of the gamefilms he had watched. He then said that he hadn't seen enough film to make the call, and that he'd have to get around to watching more before he decided whether to give him the nod. Needless to say he never mentioned it again.

Saying a guy graded out out well in one game isn't quite the same as declaring him an allstar. Maybe its close enough for the accuracy-challenged among you, but then again y'all ain't convincing anybody but yourselves.  :unsure:

360784[/snapback]

FACTS SUCK :angry:

FACTS SUCK :unsure:

360850[/snapback]

wow...i didn't realize that honestly misquoting a tired old SI column writer would draw such ire.

just call me "Mitch Albom" and stick a fork in me.