Dewayne Carter involved lawsuit against NCAA to pay players.

Whkfc

On 5/23/2024 at 10:07 PM, thenorthremembers said:

Time to do away with college football.  Carter is one of the lucky 1.6% percent of college football players who were drafted to the NFL.   For the other 98.6% of college football players who will not go on to play in the NFL, having their tuition and degree paid for should be more than enough.  I am fine with the stars of college football being able to use their name and likeness to make money, but to actually pay these guys a paycheck to play football, give me a break.  

Stop the nonsense.  Make a minor league system for football and stop giving away spots in classes for people who actually earn and need the degree long term. 

You understand that NIL money is literally "actually paying these guys a paycheck to play football"...right?

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

You understand that NIL money is literally "actually paying these guys a paycheck to play football"...right?

So your understanding of NIL is the university directly pays football players a game check?  Because that is what I would call literally paying someone to play football.